collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Advice/Inspiration for 30th  (Read 716 times)

lilacamy931

• Trade Count: (0)
Advice/Inspiration for 30th
« on: April 15, 2012, 10:55:35 AM »
So peeps you all helped calm me down with the wedding nerves, now that is now all over (blissful as it was ;) ), I now have my hubby's 30th birthday coming up in August.

I am having dilemmas. I was originally planning a secret surprise party as you would but then someone happened to ask him what was the worst possible thing I could do for his 30th and his response was "be the centre of attention like a surprise party, especially as I couldnt be myself with family and friends there" doh! I know what he means with family there he would have to act a little different.. so.. doh!

I have asked him since being back if any ideas such as Alton Towers, Thorpe Park but he seems pretty meh about everything. I think it is holiday blues of going back to work plus we have purchased lots of things recently. Typical as I need to budget now and see how far to go for my lovely hub!

So inspiration? Ideas? We dont drive so things have to be limited locally unless accessible by train.. He loves pirates and transformers being a geek like me. Had a look into pirate canal boat but so far away!

I have the following ideas but worry it is me girlying his birthday up and not giving him something special..

So his birthday is Sunday the 12th August...get him fair wack of pressies probably rare books he is after..
For events, we both love animals and sealife.

Day One : Falconery Day on Saturday - half a day flying wild birds, he always wanted to get into this hobby and never tried it so thought this could be a great taster and a meal after.

Day Two: Sunday is an awkward day so probably see the family etc.. we have a teeny flat and top floor balcony but perhaps could have couple of friends over for barbeque or nibbles and of course presents, a friend is going to make a funky pirate cake and might go overboard with party bags as we are all geeks!

Day Three: Monday Full day Oceanarium behind the scenes - gets to feed the animals, facts, clean and generally have a full on day with rare exotics.

Day Four: In the evening at our local show place there is a wrestling match thing..he likes to watch wrestling and just need to check it is the right sort as I know nothing!!! As it is fairly cheap might arrange for some of his mates to go.

There are other things that we can travel to but unsure how he'd feel about it. Sealife centre not too far by train, Longleat zoo if we can convince a friend with a car, Deren Brown show in London though mentioned this non birthday related and wasnt sure..

So sorry for the rambles! Having issues! Another stupid idea I had was 30 presents or surprises and to hide them around Bournemouth but unsure how feasible this would be and knowing my like things would get taken!!!

OK add a new event - swimming with sharks, though broached this with him as not a great swimmer!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 11:11:00 AM by lilacamy931 »

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Advice/Inspiration for 30th
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 12:36:18 PM »
I think your current plans sound awesome myself and it shows you put alot of thought about what he likes into it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

LoftyWings

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 06:04:40 PM »
I'm anxious about my boyfriend's 30th too. He seems to feel very sensitive about "getting older" as he approaches this milestone. Like it sounds your hubby is, he is kind of on the shy side and isn't comfortable being the center of attention (well, unless he's on stage--we actors are an oxymoronic bunch!) so I'm hesitant to do anything major. What I've resolved is to simply involve him in the planning and let him make the decisions of what to do.

Now, if you have your heart set on some (or all) of this being a surprise, then you'll just have to cross your fingers and hope he loves it (as I expect he would, 'cause it's impossible he won't see all the thought and caring you've put into it all!). If you aren't so dead set on a surprise, however, just talk it over with him. Good luck! And happy birthday to your hubby! ;)

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 05:22:43 AM »
I think your ideas sound awesome. Have you had a look on Groupon? There is always lots of cool stuff in our area.

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 10:05:09 AM »
I think that your plans soo far are great :)    It will be nice for the both of you to get out there and do something you both like.

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal