collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Converting people you know into fans ;)  (Read 1332 times)

Offline ShannonInPonyland

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Converting people you know into fans ;)
« on: April 13, 2012, 04:21:02 AM »

I can proudly say that as of the other day, my little brother (he's 7) became a brony  :lol: 
He hears me talk about ponies all the time but never really brought it up in conversation or anything, so the other day I was sitting in my mom's room watch FiM and he came in to get something. Lets just say that instead of going in, getting what he was looking for and leaving, he stayed for the whole episode  ;)  At one point Pinkie said something and he laughed, when I looked at him he said "Oh.. just that one part was a little bit funny" to cover up for himself and then continued to watch. Needless to say, we watched 3 episodes and by the end of them he was calling each pony by their name and laughing at every little thing that they did. My mom even got him to slip about actually liking the show by saying "oh wow, now you, me and your sister all have something in common.. we all like watching MLP, right?" and he said "right!".  My little brother is going through that whole 'girls are gross, I hate everything pink because it's girly' phase right now, so admitting to liking something like MLP was a huge deal to my mother and myself.

My boyfriend also randomly told me that he thinks Fluttershy is adorable and he's started pony hunting for me whenever he's around any kind of thrift stores  ^.^

So, my question to all of you is, have you ever converted someone you know into a fan? It's a pretty great/funny feeling  :lol:

Offline naylastar

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Converting people you know into fans ;)
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 04:27:00 AM »
My boyfriend:) He used to go on about how much he was annoyed with the pony obsession and one day I walked in on him watching FIM:)

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 04:38:55 AM »
Aw, that's a really cute story about your brother!

I converted my boyfriend. I was like "hey watch this" and he did and now he's a big fan. :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline xkappax

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Kappacino Creations
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 04:55:35 AM »
I converted my husband. In the past two weeks we have watched all of season 1 and almost all of season 2 of friendship is magic. I got him a rainbow dash blind bag toy in his easter basket and he's been helping me rehair ponies, lol. :)

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 05:40:49 AM »
both my sisters have joined the herd, my parents don't  know because they are paranoid that every cartoon has a hidden evil message. i am not kidding! they banned us from watching tele-tubbies when we was VERY young because they thought the symbols on there heads was satan worshiping sysmbols! they banned the lion king because of the hidden"sex" message. and so on and so on, we was banned from even watching veggitales!!!!!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 05:43:46 AM by mlpfan »
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 07:46:06 AM »
My online friend likes the cartoon but didn't like collecting "little girl toys" until I kept talking about my collection and showing her photos of my G4's. Now her mission is to buy every single G4 release! lol. She got online one day and told me "I just spent $80 at ToysRUs..." Haha she bought all the blind bags and some brushables she needed, and some FS. The FS are her favorite and she's very annoyed she can't find Rarity or Applejack anymore lol
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline ShannonInPonyland

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 08:12:40 AM »
I can officially say now that my boyfriend has been converted  :lol:  He admitted to me the other night that he actually likes MLP (G4 ponies are his favorite generation) and we've been watching all the MLP: FiM episodes the past couple of days.
He also changed his Twitter background to a picture of Fluttershy  ;)

Offline missbonbon

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 11:06:19 AM »
I converted my husband :) I started getting into the 80's ponies again  and knew about the FIM is show...watched a couple episodes while hubby was in the room and by the end of it he was hooked. He's got a few of the toys on his computer desk along with his Optimus Prime and he has a few shirts as well :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Please visit my photobucket to see my princess variant wish list. Photos borrowed from Shelti's site with permission. If they are your photos and don't want them on my link, please let me know, I will take them down right away!

Missbonbon's Princess Variant Wish List

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 11:20:40 AM »
I started my boyfriend watching FiM. I figured he'd probably get a kick out of it, then when the episode "Dragonshy" aired I thought it was so good that I just HAD to make him watch it. And he liked it and started watching more. Now he loves it. He's actually caught up on the episodes, but I still have one or two to go. =P

Luckily he's not into collecting things or tinkering with toys much. I have more than enough ponies for the both of us. XP
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline CrystalCrown

• Flamez o' Justice
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • You don't need a license to drive a sandwich!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2012, 11:22:28 AM »
For me, if they're not into the ponies I leave them alone about it, I wouldn't force someone to like or watch something they don't like. But that's just me.
:fox: :rainbow: F is for friends who do stuff together, U is for you and me! N is for anywhere and anytime at all down here in the deep blue sea!  :frog:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal