collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Disney Brave Doll  (Read 11068 times)

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
Re: Disney Brave Doll
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2012, 09:53:55 AM »
Oh NOOO! NO, NOT MORE DOLLS, ! AH I WANT THEM ALL!

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2012, 07:43:29 PM »
I saw the movie yesterday and now I feel the need to buy a doll, lol (oh disney. Even at 24 years old, things don't change XD  ). I wanted to ask though, are the ones you can pick up at places like walmart jointed? (is she like a typical barbie, or a ball jointed doll?) I would love to find a disney store though, sadly the only one I know of is two states away from me DX
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2012, 09:26:12 PM »
Got mine today. Love  :lovey:

Rococo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2012, 09:46:06 PM »
I saw the movie yesterday and now I feel the need to buy a doll, lol (oh disney. Even at 24 years old, things don't change XD  ). I wanted to ask though, are the ones you can pick up at places like walmart jointed? (is she like a typical barbie, or a ball jointed doll?) I would love to find a disney store though, sadly the only one I know of is two states away from me DX

There were, I think, three(four?) different releases of Mattel Merida dolls that all use the same face mold. I don't know about the single release and gem Merida dolls, but the one that comes with the plastic Angus has swivel knees in order for her to ride her horse. The arms are in a static bent pose, however and can't be manipulated at her elbows.

ElusiveLily

« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2012, 05:44:07 AM »
My brother ordered both the LE and classic doll. Now I'm just sitting and waiting patiently for them to come and hoping they don't get lost. I wish we had a DS locally.

I really wish they'd release a single Angus horse that doesn't come with a Merida doll. And I wish they'd make one that's a bit bigger, too.

Geez, all this excitement over toys and I still haven't seen the movie yet lol.

Rococo

« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2012, 11:38:13 AM »
I don't know if any info on this has been posted yet, but is the DS Merida that came in the Merida-Angus giftset able to sit on her Clydesdale? My DS Merida's legs will barely give at the join in her groin area.

Appleseed

« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2012, 06:00:31 PM »
I got the Disney Store 11" one today and she is completely gorgeous! Except for the fact that one leg is a tiny bit longer than the other somehow, so I don't think I can get her to stand. But I love the ball joints, how detailed and pleasant her face is, and the hair and fabric for the clothes. Well worth the money!! :D

Offline dinobuzz

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2012, 08:06:01 PM »
I'm joining in here to say I want a Merida doll too! We saw the movie last weekend and absolutely loved it!! I do want the Merida/Angus set.....just wished that Breyer would make an Angus model~ I'd be all over that one!

Rococo

« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2012, 10:43:16 PM »
I got the Disney Store 11" one today and she is completely gorgeous! Except for the fact that one leg is a tiny bit longer than the other somehow, so I don't think I can get her to stand. But I love the ball joints, how detailed and pleasant her face is, and the hair and fabric for the clothes. Well worth the money!! :D

I think my Merida's legs are even in length, but omg at her frickin swivel ankles. Damn things keep going pigeon-toed on me and it's hard to keep her upright lol.

Dinobuzz, the DS Merida doll is so beautiful, you can't go wrong with any of those incarnations. :) Plus, knowing the DS's habit of simplifying the dresses of their dolls and outright removing accessories they came with in their future releases, I personally didn't want to take the chance. I am still sad I didn't get Rapunzel when she was first released. No accurate movie dress and Pascal/painter's brush for me.

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2012, 06:59:04 AM »
I must be the only person that doesn't like the Disney store version. I had her in my hands and I couldn't bring myself to buy her because I don't like her face. The outfit is amazing though. I wish the Mattel version outfit could be as awesome.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2012, 08:41:46 AM »
My brother ordered both the LE and classic doll. Now I'm just sitting and waiting patiently for them to come and hoping they don't get lost. I wish we had a DS locally.

I really wish they'd release a single Angus horse that doesn't come with a Merida doll. And I wish they'd make one that's a bit bigger, too.

Geez, all this excitement over toys and I still haven't seen the movie yet lol.

Our local Disney Stores have Angus just by himself he is about 50cm ish nose to tail...mind you maybe its a combination of them being in Scotland and this being the latest film but I couldnt move in Glasgow's Disney store the other day for Brave everything! Lol...:)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline dinobuzz

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2012, 10:47:44 AM »
Is the DS store Angus a stuffed horse or a model?

Rococo

« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2012, 10:54:34 AM »
The DS Angus is a stuffed horse and the Mattel Angus is a hard plastic model.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2012, 04:50:07 PM »
Is the DS store Angus a stuffed horse or a model?

Stuffed and adorable...dont know how I managed to resist him...other than the fact I had client meetings in the afternoon and I wasnt sure if carting a half metre horse into them was the most professional look :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2012, 06:50:00 PM »
I got the Disney Store 11" Merida and Transformation Queen Elinor today. They really are gorgeous, but they were packaged in a way that I did not admire. And I wasn't paying attention, so one of Merida's eyes is ... off. LOL! Ah well, I still love her.

Going to Hobby Lobby tomorrow to get stands for them. My Elinor's legs aren't totally straight and she won't stand in those heels. Merida isn't standing for me, either. Maybe I'm just lucky. Or an amateur.

I'll get some pics of Elinor once I get her on a stand.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal