collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Disney Brave Doll  (Read 11075 times)

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Disney Brave Doll
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2012, 07:02:15 PM »
I got the Disney Store 11" Merida and Transformation Queen Elinor today. They really are gorgeous, but they were packaged in a way that I did not admire. And I wasn't paying attention, so one of Merida's eyes is ... off. LOL! Ah well, I still love her.

Going to Hobby Lobby tomorrow to get stands for them. My Elinor's legs aren't totally straight and she won't stand in those heels. Merida isn't standing for me, either. Maybe I'm just lucky. Or an amateur.

I'll get some pics of Elinor once I get her on a stand.

Looking forward to pics of Elinor!

Folly

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2012, 09:02:44 PM »
Oh man, I want the LE one so bad T___T she's gorgeous, and I actually LOVE her faceup.  It's got more... personality than the rest <3 Aaaa I love Merida so much
I don't really have $100 to spend on her though T_T

Am I capable of getting a cheaper version of her at walmart?  Lol she's the first Disney character doll I've ever wanted so I don't know these things! XD

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2012, 09:12:46 PM »
I feel the same way about the LE Merida. She's so lovely, but I could never justify a $100 doll when I like the 11" one fine and she was only $16.50. The Disney Store has several to choose from and I'm sure you can find some at Wal-Mart or Target, too.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2012, 09:34:03 PM »
All of these dolls are so beautiful. I don't collect Disney dolls, but her hair is so mesmerizing...

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #79 on: June 30, 2012, 01:38:43 PM »
Got some stands a bit ago for my ladies and got some OOB photos of Elinor. I brought Elinor into Hobby Lobby with me so I could test the stands out and figure out which one would be best. People were looking at me like I was a nutter.  :lol:

Slow Internet Beware!
Spoiler

Ai from Aurora

ElusiveLily

« Reply #80 on: June 30, 2012, 07:01:30 PM »
Stuffed and adorable...dont know how I managed to resist him...other than the fact I had client meetings in the afternoon and I wasnt sure if carting a half metre horse into them was the most professional look :)

Yeah, I'm actually interested in a model, that's very movie accurate. I was actually watching a video clip on YouTube where some guy was doing interviews at the toy fair, and they were showing off some "Brave" merchandise and I saw a lovely Angus horse standing next to a toddler Merida. I'm guessing he hasn't been released yet, and I'm not sure if you can buy him single or if he comes with the toddler doll, but from what I could see of him, he looked stunning.

My dolls arrived this past Wednesday, which was actually the day we went to go see the movie lol. My brother brought them over the next day, and I love them both. I finally got around to taking the smaller doll out of the box, and that was the biggest pain. I was a little put off when I discovered that the back of her hair didn't have any curls and was just a big mess. I ended up taking some Garnier styling gel and a tun of straws and curled some of her hair.

Now I need to find a stand for her.

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #81 on: June 30, 2012, 08:49:43 PM »
My dolls arrived this past Wednesday, which was actually the day we went to go see the movie lol. My brother brought them over the next day, and I love them both. I finally got around to taking the smaller doll out of the box, and that was the biggest pain. I was a little put off when I discovered that the back of her hair didn't have any curls and was just a big mess. I ended up taking some Garnier styling gel and a tun of straws and curled some of her hair.

Now I need to find a stand for her.

Also disappointed in Merida's hair behind her head. Poor thing.

I got a couple stands from Hobby Lobby. They're made of wood and the dolls look gorgeous on them. They also carry metal stands. I tried ordering Kaiser stands online and every site wanted $11 for shipping alone. They'll fit on the smallest wooden stand or the medium-sized one. I got the small one because it is able to sit lower on the waist if necessary, but the stand works best if the prongs are up in the armpit area for stabilization. I know the LE Merida is an inch taller, so I'd go with a medium-sized one for her if you go that route.

I forgot to post this photo with the others, because I took it on my phone. I had to stop in to 7-Eleven for a water. Gave hubbs Elinor and told him to guard her with his life. Came back and this is what I saw. LOL! She's probably a better driver than him.  :P

Ai from Aurora

Rococo

« Reply #82 on: June 30, 2012, 09:36:13 PM »
Love that picture, Yurusamaji. Her expression just screams that she knows what's up.

The DS Queen Elinor doll is beautiful btw, although the Mattel one has its own charm as well. The Mattel Elinor looks as though she could be Megara from Hercules' mother, though with her bone structure, especially the nose.

Appleseed

« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2012, 05:51:51 PM »
I was unaware that the Disney Store had its own Elinor doll! I gotta hunt her down!
Love the picture by the way. :lol:

Offline Juri

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • The Revolutionary Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2012, 07:24:26 PM »
Thought I would post some pics of my girls who arrived this week :)

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 13, 2012, 01:39:14 AM »
My Wal-Mart had a ton of Brave dolls and a display and then the next week all the dolls, including the display were gone! What's up with that? :whoa:
My Wish List

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #86 on: July 14, 2012, 04:38:27 PM »
I found some photos of a Disney Store version of a Merida and Angus set, but I cannot find it on the website and the ones on eBay are way out of my price range. Does anyone know what's up with this set? Was it a limited time thing or is it only in stores or something? I would love to get it.

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 15, 2012, 12:13:05 AM »
I was finally able to see this movie tonight. It was FANTASTIC. I definitely need a Merida doll now!  :frolic:

Rococo

« Reply #88 on: July 15, 2012, 12:17:05 AM »
I found some photos of a Disney Store version of a Merida and Angus set, but I cannot find it on the website and the ones on eBay are way out of my price range. Does anyone know what's up with this set? Was it a limited time thing or is it only in stores or something? I would love to get it.

How strange. I see they're selling the Angus plush separately but not the set with Angus and Merida. Perhaps they've currently run out of stock and are waiting for restock? I see it's still for sale on the UK DS site, at least...

EDIT: Turns out the Angus plush is a totally different plush than the one in the set! Just a disclaimer in case someone purchases it thinking it's the same one as the two-fer. xD
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 01:25:32 AM by Rococo »

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #89 on: July 15, 2012, 12:20:25 AM »

I'm pretty sure I saw these at my local DS. I don't see it on the website, either. That is really bizarre. Pretty sure it wasn't a LE set. I want to say it retails at $30-ish or so, maybe $40. I'll have to drop in and take a look soon!

Ai from Aurora

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal