collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponies in Brisbane Australia?  (Read 2203 times)

Offline purplekittywuman

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
Ponies in Brisbane Australia?
« on: April 11, 2012, 04:40:20 AM »
The other day I was in a thrift store and bought a g3. The lady at the counter said that ponies were popular today since I was the second or third person that day to buy a my little pony. So I'm wondering, are there any ponies who live near Coorparoo in Brisbane? I need to know my competition! Seriously though, I'm just curious :)

Cheers!

Offline bagheera86

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ponies in Brisbane Australia?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 05:07:00 AM »
The other day I was in a thrift store and bought a g3. The lady at the counter said that ponies were popular today since I was the second or third person that day to buy a my little pony. So I'm wondering, are there any ponies who live near Coorparoo in Brisbane? I need to know my competition! Seriously though, I'm just curious :)

Cheers!

Yeah I live near, but I can never find any ponies ._. So there must be a butt load of us hiding out. I posted a pony get together thing for brissy but I don't think anyone was really interested.

Offline Trinity

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Also known as Elfwink.
    • View Profile
    • Elfwink's Pixels
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 06:15:09 AM »
There are apparently lots of pony fans everywhere* who have not made themselves known on the Arena. (some not even anywhere on the internet!)

* Not counting those swept up in the current Brony trend.
:rainbow: also known as Elfwink | pixel art!

Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 06:30:31 AM »
Yeah I collected G3's from various stores for a while before I found the online pony collecting community. It was great to not feel like the only weird college student anymore! ^.^
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 06:59:39 AM »
There are apparently lots of pony fans everywhere* who have not made themselves known on the Arena. (some not even anywhere on the internet!)

* Not counting those swept up in the current Brony trend.
like ninja's!

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 07:55:11 AM »

Cheers!

Yeah I live near, but I can never find any ponies ._. So there must be a butt load of us hiding out. I posted a pony get together thing for brissy but I don't think anyone was really interested.

I offered to meet up when I'm visiting Brisbane end of this month!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 08:18:07 AM »

Cheers!

Cheers!

AJSLDKJKLAJFLKSD ACK, PM'D YOU! SORRY! :yikes:

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 09:49:43 AM »

Cheers!

Well no, but I once bought a Baby Dancing Butterflies from a lady who was lucky to find it at the Salvos in the Valley for $5. She sold it to me at AU$50. I felt dumb for a while because I stayed like 15mins bus ride from the valley at Butterfield Street in Herston, and the lady was actually from somewhere in zone4.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2012, 07:32:39 PM »

Cheers!

Well no, but I once bought a Baby Dancing Butterflies from a lady who was lucky to find it at the Salvos in the Valley for $5. She sold it to me at AU$50. I felt dumb for a while because I stayed like 15mins bus ride from the valley at Butterfield Street in Herston, and the lady was actually from somewhere in zone4.

lol the valley. I haven't been there for ages! Our op shop in wynnum NEVER got ponies in, but if we got some ugly 80's dress we'd send it to our valley store, and we'd be sure to get alot of money for it lol.

Offline Clementine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2012, 09:29:01 PM »
I did not think that second hand shops in Australia even sold plastic toys anymore!  Every store I have been to only seems to sell stuffed toys or no toys at all!

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 04:20:59 AM »
I did not think that second hand shops in Australia even sold plastic toys anymore!  Every store I have been to only seems to sell stuffed toys or no toys at all!

Yeah that's what I'm finding as well unfortunately, I found alot of fakies at the fleamarket though.. But I'm just not into them. I thought about buying them for those that are.. but, then I saw the tornado potato people and then they took all my money :(

Offline cobalte

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2012, 05:58:47 AM »
I feel your pain... I'm on the west side of Melbourne and never seem to find any ponies at garage sales or op shops. Are they all hiding on the eastern side? ><

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2012, 06:12:53 AM »
I feel your pain... I'm on the west side of Melbourne and never seem to find any ponies at garage sales or op shops. Are they all hiding on the eastern side? ><
someone probably isn't sharing :(

Offline purplekittywuman

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2012, 02:47:13 AM »
I kind of like the mystery of it all. Knowing that anyone I pass on the street could be a pony collector. Though I'd love to meet some of these people properly! And thanks for all the replies, if anyone is still interested in having a pony gathering in Brisbane, I'd love to come along!

And bagheera, you're not wrong about the 80's dresses in the valley!

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2012, 03:45:16 AM »
And bagheera, you're not wrong about the 80's dresses in the valley!

Hahaha :D! I want to go to the valley now! Though there's nothing there for me anymore, I use to what everything in the anime store now everything just looks like a waste of money. They have painted resin figures at $200-$300 there since I was in grade 8 xD! I use to want them so bad.. Now I'm glad I never spent the cash lol!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal