collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: fixing box hair?  (Read 1055 times)

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
fixing box hair?
« on: April 10, 2012, 08:56:06 AM »
I'm not sure what to call it... I'm not much of a dolls collector and i only have a few MH dolls xD

One thing that bugs me is the super stiff hair with the short haired dolls. At first I just combed it out and that seemed to do the trick, but I noticed that like a few weeks later it felt stiff again? I haven't actually washed their hair because I'm afraid it will just become totally unruly xD

How do i get rid of this icky feeling hair?!
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline knitgirl

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: fixing box hair?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 09:00:12 AM »
No advice, but I washed the 2 side curls out of Operetta's hair and it feels gross again already so I will be interested in an answer too.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 10:07:54 AM »
Yea I wonder if that is a spray starch and the only way to get rid of it is to wet it down and use soap and wash it out. This will affect the look later as its there to keep the style.  If its a glue like substance that doesn't disolve in water I wonder what might work on it.  Depends on if you want to try other things to remove it.  It won't brush out.  I ended up with a boy doll that had that and I washed it out, but his hair does stick up some so I hair sprayed it down a little. I have no idea the long term affects of hair spray.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 12:48:40 PM »
Im more concerned with my clawdeen w/ green hair (i cant ever remember the series names xD) it keeps getting icky

but I just bought one of those $4 frankies who have pretty much the same thing going on, I got her for possible custom in the future, so I think ill mess with her hair to see if anything works.
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

YellowCat

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 01:50:09 PM »
I wash and condition the hair of all dolls that come with glue in their hair.  So far I haven't had any real problems with any of them other than Operetta who's hair is a hot mess right now (her bangs and victory rolls have fallen out).  The only way to get rid of the stickiness is by washing, because whenever it becomes humid it just gets stiff and sticky all over again, or at least that's what happened with my DOTD Clawdeen last summer until I washed her hair.

Offline DoomBunnies

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://drefankearse.deviantart.com/
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 02:10:21 PM »
What YellowCat said. Just use shampoo and conditioner, and warm to hot water to get the glue or whatever out. Sometimes it takes a few washes, but it's sooo much better when you can actually brush the hair. I will note that it does make Toralei's streaks look faded, because it fluffs them out more.
He who serves two masters lies to one.

It was when you found out you could make mistakes that you knew you were on to something.

Saturnine

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 07:07:17 PM »
Ugh - my poor Operetta's hair got totally ruined in box.   :cry:    I need to find a way to fix her hair, because I love her rockabilly curls...  Though I don't think that the usual fixes will work, because I've read that some people have had issues.

If you're just looking to make it nice and soft - I usually go with boiling water and conditioner.  :)   That's how I've kept all my ponies manes so nice.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal