collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Any Lion King fanatics here?  (Read 22909 times)

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Any Lion King fanatics here?
« Reply #120 on: April 20, 2012, 04:09:28 PM »
Woah, wonderful collection Whellu! Jemini make some of the best plush (along with Applause)!

But there's one I just LOVE. That Simba on the far left in the bottom pic - What company made him, do you know? I could stare at the adorableness all day! :lovey:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 20, 2012, 05:00:40 PM »
Woah, wonderful collection Whellu! Jemini make some of the best plush (along with Applause)!

But there's one I just LOVE. That Simba on the far left in the bottom pic - What company made him, do you know? I could stare at the adorableness all day! :lovey:

Thanks very much, Sora :D

Applause does make some nice stuff, I really like the Mattel TLK plush as well <3 But you're right, Jemini is among the very best! Their products are incredibly charming.

Unfortunately, that particular cub Simba is a mystery to me :\ He came to me from somewhere in the US, an eBay purchase about 4 years ago. No tush tag or any sign of where one may have been... his nose is a touch off-centre, and I've never seen him anywhere else, or in anyone elses collection. The only clues I have are the style of his eyes and the quality of his fabrics- they lead me to believe he could have been a Douglas Cuddle Toys prototype that never made it to completion? I'm not entirely sure... (great examples of this limited edition line [if you've never seen any before] can be seen here: http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6024/5930772071_46c0b2bf77_b.jpg ) I'm glad you like him, too; I've had him called ugly before LOL but I find him darling!

ETA: BTW, I love your Lion King room! I'm so jealous you have TWO sets of SNA! A set of those books recently sold for about $250 on eBay!!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 05:56:03 PM by Whellu »

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #122 on: April 20, 2012, 05:39:22 PM »
:jealous:  Envy!  Want--big--hyena--plushes!

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Mareacooda

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 20, 2012, 05:55:30 PM »
I have trunk full of Lion King stuff....  I have orginal VHS and release DVD....  I just notice at work today is wall decatives of Lion King characters.....    Lion King and Bambi are my favorites in of Disney movies....

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 20, 2012, 06:04:23 PM »
:jealous:  Envy!  Want--big--hyena--plushes!

I bet, you clearly love hyenas ^^ They were only $16.50 each when the Disney Store website had them, unfortunately on eBay they're alot more expensive :\ right now my Lion King grail is one of those big 32" 2011 Mufasa's someone else posted a pic of earlier on in this tread ;3; one was posted on eBay earlier in the week, but it's $250, a $150 mark-up above retail :B I totally regret not saving up more money for new TLK merch for the 3D release. Oh well! someday :)

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #125 on: April 20, 2012, 06:36:00 PM »
Your collection is incredible Whellu

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #126 on: April 20, 2012, 06:45:18 PM »
I didin't even think of looking online for LK merchandise.  Our Disney Stores left us a while back.  :c

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #127 on: April 20, 2012, 06:46:52 PM »
That's how I got my adult Nala plushie was the Disney Store site. There's not even a Disney store where I used to live let alone here in the rear end of Kentucky.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline WeepingPiano

• Medieval Merpony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 20, 2012, 11:18:39 PM »
I love the sarabi and simba plush!

ppufi

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #129 on: April 21, 2012, 08:40:18 PM »
The Lion King was the first Disney movie I watched; it holds a special place in my heart. My mom taped me watching some of it, apparently. hehe.  I can't wait to see that.

Of what I can remember, I had the Simba/Nala and Kiara/Kovu kissing plush. I also have a TLK t-shirt from delia's.  I know I had a little playset and other random things when I was younger.

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 21, 2012, 08:53:36 PM »
OMG I finally stumbled upon the little Kovu and Kiara plushies at Wal Mart tonight, and bought them of course lol!  They are just precious ^_^ 

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 22, 2012, 04:07:26 AM »
Thanks very much, Sora :D

Applause does make some nice stuff, I really like the Mattel TLK plush as well <3 But you're right, Jemini is among the very best! Their products are incredibly charming.

Unfortunately, that particular cub Simba is a mystery to me :\ He came to me from somewhere in the US, an eBay purchase about 4 years ago. No tush tag or any sign of where one may have been... his nose is a touch off-centre, and I've never seen him anywhere else, or in anyone elses collection. The only clues I have are the style of his eyes and the quality of his fabrics- they lead me to believe he could have been a Douglas Cuddle Toys prototype that never made it to completion? I'm not entirely sure... (great examples of this limited edition line [if you've never seen any before] can be seen here: http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6024/5930772071_46c0b2bf77_b.jpg ) I'm glad you like him, too; I've had him called ugly before LOL but I find him darling!

ETA: BTW, I love your Lion King room! I'm so jealous you have TWO sets of SNA! A set of those books recently sold for about $250 on eBay!!
Aw, that's a shame! I've seen a couple of bootlegs in that kind of style, but there's no guarantee that's what he is of course! Regardless, I'll have to try and hunt him down. He's just so darn CUTE.

And thank you! Woah, really? :O I knew they were popular, but I had no idea they were that popular!

Also, for Mufasa, keep an eye on Disney Store - They're gone now, but just a few days ago they had new stock of him in :)

Pinkie21: Ah, congrats! I'm so disappointed with the European Disney Store missing the sequel entirely this time :(

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #132 on: April 22, 2012, 09:31:54 AM »
OMG I finally stumbled upon the little Kovu and Kiara plushies at Wal Mart tonight, and bought them of course lol!  They are just precious ^_^ 

I strangled a Kiara one on the way to Customer Service while kids were screaming and driving me nuts. >>

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 22, 2012, 09:49:06 AM »
Haha, I hate it when kids scream all the time. Sometimes the parents tell them to hush, and I'm fine with that. Others just swear at them and pretty much encourage them :(

Also... Am I the only one a little disappointed we didn't get an actual non-McD plush of Zira? I was hoping for a large plush of her, Nuka and Vitani this time around! In the Disney Store style they would have been perfect ;_;

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 22, 2012, 10:35:41 AM »
wait- there are new Kovu and Kiara plushies?! I must have them!! Anyone have any pics of them? I gotta go Walmart hunting tonight :) Also- Sora i'm in complete agreeance with  you :P The only Zira merch was the McD's plushie and the little Welches Jelly 'cups' that were released :C I'd love large sized Zira, Nuka and Vitani plushies <3 the outlanders were an awesome crew <3 I do like the beanies I have of Nuka and Vitani, but they look nothing like the characters :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal