collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Any Lion King fanatics here?  (Read 22905 times)

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Any Lion King fanatics here?
« on: April 08, 2012, 06:27:42 AM »
So after spending roughly $100 on random merchandise on eBay, I've decided...why not go all the way?  So I've decided to start actually collecting Lion King stuff (I'm already collecting a TON of Aladdin merch, but TLK means more to me as a piece of nostalgia.)  I know a couple of you at least collect TLK merch, so I'd love to see pics!!  I'm curious as to what's out there, merch-wise.  I'll take a pic of my TLK collection when my stuff comes in next week lol.  I've got a ton of stuff coming in:  2 different pillowcases, the Mufasa colour-changing spoon, 4 of those Burger King finger puppets, and I may buy one of those vinyl-headed plushies if I have some left over lol.  So let's see your TLK collections!  If you have any other Disney collections, I'd love to see those too!  ^_^

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
Re: Any Lion King fanatics here?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 06:49:51 AM »
I used to collect Aladdin and TLK. One of my favorites is a complete collection of both movies' trading cards.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 06:53:17 AM »
I collected TLK stuff when the movie first came out.  I have a lot of figurines and plushes from 1994 still.  My favorite is my Scar and the hyenas figurine I got from the Disney store.  All this stuff is still at my mom's house; I need to go get it today and take pics!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline Sandi

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 07:17:16 AM »
I'm a huge Disney and Lion King fan. :) I don't have many collectibles yet, but I'm planning on getting a big collection, when I have the money.
G1, G2 and G3 collector. I also collect a bunch of other stuff. (Too much..)
My collection website
My toy Instagram
My cat/nature Instagram
My Tumblr

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 07:27:32 AM »
I love Lion King, it's played a huge part in my life. Simba remains my favorite character of all time - Animated or not - to this very day :)

I can try and get some pics of my Lion King room soon. Though I've run out of space so things may seem a little messy in parts!

By the way - Aladdin? Do you have stuff of Iago? I love that guy!

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 07:46:44 AM »
i collect lion king stuff also, i  have lion king watches,drinking glasses ,books,a lunchbox with thermos,video games. figurines. and lots of other things!
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2012, 07:49:00 AM »
Ooo that's so cool you have an entire Lion King room Sora.

Well here are my plushies again:

a promo cardboard thing that I was allowed to take home from work when the Diamond Edition came out :D

a Lion King bag from Subway:

Mufasa with all my small Simba figures looking kinda stressed out that there's more than one of him, haha:

The ceramic baby Simba I've had since I was 12 when my collection was still tiny.

In this group shot of all my collections, you can see more of my Lion King stuff. In photo 1 there's my Mufasa and Kiara bank. (supposed to be Simba, even sounds like Simba when it talks but that's definitely Mufasa there), behind that is my ceramic cub Simba bank and a Lion King cup. In photo 2 I think you can see my copy of the junior novelization. In photo 3 there's nothing TLK related. In photo 4, the majority of those books are my Lion King books and magazines I've collected along with more cups and figures. In the last photo is another cup plus the Burger King Simba that's shown up twice before now lol. I also have some posters that I don't have photos of but this actually covers a lot of it. I also have a framed print of Simba, Nala and Zazu during I Just Can't Wait to be King just before they start making faces at him and in the photo with my Gir plushie, there's a Scar action figure sitting in front of Gir now.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 07:51:47 AM by Koudoawaia »

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Brandi

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2012, 09:10:31 AM »
I LOVE the lion king! In fact, here is the king of my house. he is a lifesize 5 foot long douglas plush simba that I detailed further once I got him to look exsactly like he looks in the movie.

I have several more lion king items too.

Moondust ,Cremello Quarter Horse = Equine love of my life

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2012, 09:24:59 AM »
=O Koudo wants. That is a seriously gorgeous Simba plush.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Pinkie21

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2012, 09:27:12 AM »

:whoa:  Oh my word that is one awesome plush!!!!

Offline Brandi

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2012, 09:48:02 AM »
Thanks yall!

Moondust ,Cremello Quarter Horse = Equine love of my life

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2012, 10:25:56 AM »
Ahhh I love The Lion King! A favorite Disney movie for sure. My best friend has a TLK bed sheet set that she's had since she was a kid lol, but I don't really have anything. I haven't let myself collect Disney stuff yet aside from cups. I collect kid's cups, lol.
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2012, 01:18:21 PM »
I have a huge lion king collection! Most of it is packed away at my mom's house so no pics.. but I still have quite a few things here with me too. It's just that they are little things here and there and not really a collection that is all displayed in one spot.

I have been slowly gathering stuff since the movie was first released so I still have toys that I acquired as a child. Unfortunately most of the stuff from that long ago was trashed or lost or whatever.. makes me sad sometimes cause I had some REALLY neat things. I have a photograph of me when I was about 10 on Christmas morning with all of my gifts and almost everything was lion king stuff!

My bathroom is somewhat lion king themed. I have a Simba shower curtain and a picture on the wall of Simba and Rafiki and some cups. I can't seem to find anything else bathroom related though..

I have all those bags from subway too! They are so neat. They were giving them away when I was visiting my mom in Texas so she went with me a few times to get them lol.
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2012, 01:20:15 PM »
I am a LK freak, yes! lol  My stuff is all over the place but I can take some pics at one point when I find it all.  I have th two color changing spoons, some pure silver spoons, the big Art of the Lion King book, botht he VHS and DVD special sets....and loads more!

LOL All you people who were kids when the movie came out...  XD  I had just graduated high school when it came out!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 01:22:27 PM by hyenacub »

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Pinkie21

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2012, 02:41:40 PM »
Ooh, I'm curious about the Simba shower curtain, stopxmotion!  I don't think I've ever seen one before :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal