collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Dolls with flimsy limbs.  (Read 800 times)

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Dolls with flimsy limbs.
« on: April 05, 2012, 12:18:25 PM »
I just opened my Liv It's My Nature Sophie and I was excited, but once I removed her from her packaging, some of her parts were very loose like her feet would rotate from forward to backwards from the weight of the foot and her elbows kinda does the same and aren't as firm as I expected (compared to my first wave Sophie).

Has anyone ever faced this dilemma or am I just too nitpicky? Is there a way I can make them more firm/tight?

I heard for MH dolls, you take off the loose peice and add clear nail polish to the ball/peg, let it dry then insert it again. I tried to take off the arm from the elbow and was a little hesitant to do it. So either its really tight in there, or I'm really weak.

I'm thinking of using a syringe and sticking the needle into her elbow slot and inject a little and moving it before it hardens completely, but I want opinions from others before I go and mess everything up. Thanks in advance!
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Dolls with flimsy limbs.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 06:30:09 PM »
I have a creative solution.  Not sure if it would work or not but it might lol.  Try putting a little dental wax in the creases (it's used for braces).  That why you can put it on and if it doesn't work you can dig it out with a toothpick and hot water or something. :)

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
Re: Dolls with flimsy limbs.
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 07:17:00 PM »
i'm not sure with liv dolls ... but i've used wax (haven't used the dental kind lol) and even rubber cement with other dolls

... i've got a tae who's rather prone to his arm peg just droppin out randomly and i got sick of the teflon tape wearing off and leaving chunks here there and everywhere and used some rubber cemnt (coated the peg, let it dry fully, and then reinserted it) ... i use the rubber cement with my action figures too when/if their joints get lose, because even on a non-opening joint it still gives flexibilty once you use the joint lol

... as for inserting something like nail polish into the joint i think you'd end up with a dolly with an unsuable joint ... nail polish holds tight like a glue (not flexible) between two surfaces, sticking them together ...
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal