collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Are there such things as paint pens?  (Read 2069 times)

deeleelambbaa

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Are there such things as paint pens?
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2012, 06:06:44 PM »
Deeleelambbaa,

The one I have is from Sally Hansen. It works like a traditional paint pen, you have to shake it before you use it.  I don't think this particular type has nail polish in it. It wipes off while still wet with a babywipe and it just seems more like pigmented paint to me. It also doesn't smell like nail polish. It also requires a top coat to seal it, which further makes me think that it's acrylic/pigment based rather than enamel based.

I attempted it on a pony once and it dried just fine. I simply haven't had much use for it yet.

EDIT: I looked up the particular type I have on Amazon [size=78%]http://www.amazon.com/Sally-Hansen-0-068-Fluid-Ounce/dp/B004KS0QDE[/size] here. The listing says that it is water based which means it's not nail polish. I hope this helps!
Oh ya, I have a couple of those too. Cool beans, I may try them sometime. I'm certainly not going to use them on my nails anymore, once I learned I had to dedicate hours for it to dry before top-coating it...
But ya, I agree. It's definitely not conventional nail polish in those pens, so they should be good :)

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2012, 06:32:50 AM »
Yup, those nail art pens are fun, and a lot finer than any paint pen I've ever used. now that I think about it, I think I may have used one to sign on the bottom of a hoof to test it out.

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2012, 05:30:09 PM »
Anyone used a toothpick for fine lines?  Round or flat?
:socks:   :frog:

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2012, 06:43:31 PM »
Yes ~ paint pens. I know such things exist for some Japanese model stuff. I just can't remember what. or where.

I have some special korean pens now (for plastics/glass), that I have been considering using again.. It worked well once for a simple ponyville custom. XD And I want to try it on my simple G4 custom.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

MrsDavis

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2012, 11:45:44 AM »
The Sharpie paint pens are FABULOUS, but very pricey. Still, they are really good quality. I'm liking the skewer and paint idea though, I'll have to give that a go for the eye details I want. even my tiny brush wasn't really small enough to lay in the lashes like I wanted.

Offline CrystalCrown

• Flamez o' Justice
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • You don't need a license to drive a sandwich!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2012, 06:49:10 PM »
You could also try my method for doing small details and sharpen a pencil so the tip is nice and pointy and then dip the tip into the paint you would like to use and draw the details that way. You have to keep dipping the pencil quite a bit, but I think the end result comes out really good.

i do the same thing, except i use the top of a sewing needle (the end with the hole). :)
:fox: :rainbow: F is for friends who do stuff together, U is for you and me! N is for anywhere and anytime at all down here in the deep blue sea!  :frog:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal