collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Problems with ponies  (Read 3234 times)

Offline sabathamk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sabrinas-space.blogspot.com
Re: Problems with ponies
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2012, 09:24:18 AM »
I have party time and I noticed something... where the 'pink' discoloration is is directly related to bumps in the plastic on the inside of her body.  Anybody else notice this?  I wonder what would happen if I shaved off the bumps...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Cardinal Melody\'s pony maker!
wishlist/adoptables

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2012, 09:37:00 AM »
As the G1s are all 20 to 30 years old...I think its fair to say almost every set has a pony or 2 with issues...from the broad ranging "fading pink hair" to the specific notorious regrind of Party Time...

Thats an interesting idea for a list though! Good luck....

Heheh, yes, very true!  But yes it is a good list to start, as conditions are likely only to get worse for the G1s as they age.  We know certain colors fade and some get regrind, so there is definitely something to track there.  Also don't forget to mention the infamous "saddle sores" - those pink spots on ponies from the pink plastic saddle and bridle accessories!  They can be sunfaded easily but some people would consider that A Flaw To Be Avoided. ;)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2012, 09:38:55 AM »
Hm, those aren't really particular to a specific model, though, are they?  I suppose Lemondrop/Peachy would be more prone since they were sold with saddle/bridle accessories, but I've seen them on a variety of ponies.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

koolkaci86

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2012, 10:49:08 AM »
Could I just ask as a newbie to collecting again *waves* and never a serious collector first time round. What on earth is regrind? Does anyone have pictures?

P.S The list at start of topic is mega mega useful to me :)

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2012, 12:31:39 PM »
Regrind refers to a condition where ponies get "blooms" of pink/orange color in their bodies.  It presents somewhat like age spots/cancer, but far more colorful. Party Time is the most infamous pony for this, hardly any of her exist without some spots of regrind.  The word itself refers to the suspected cause, where old plastic was re-ground and added to a fresh batch, and either wasn't quite chemically compatible or insufficiently melted into the new plastic, resulting in small grains of varying color.  Over the years these non-homogeneous bits leave spots.   
 :nerdy:  http://mlppreservationproject.com/body.html <- has pics
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 12:33:42 PM by Baby Sugarberry »
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2012, 03:13:13 PM »
Locket seems to be very prone to regrind, Butterscotch always seems to have cancer spots ( I have had 8 in the past and never found a mint one)

Moonstone and Starshine in particular can have symbol rust quite often.
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2012, 05:58:55 PM »
aghh butterscotch and cancer I totally argee and my moonstone covered in rust spots seconds that opinion lol

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2012, 01:45:18 PM »
I am slowly updating everybodies input I have decided to put it all in the first bit so everyone can look at just the first blog bit to get a general idea of problemed ponies : )

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal