collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2 questions  (Read 566 times)

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
2 questions
« on: March 30, 2012, 08:33:24 AM »
Is there some sort of sculpting medium that does not need baking?  I just have a feeling the bait I have in mind won't survive. 
Can't remember my original 2nd question, but here's another: what do ya'll use to store all of your "stuff"?  Right now all of mine is in two boxes, bait in one, other stuff in another.  Royal pain.  And not kitten proof.   :P
I know my other thought is rattling around somewhere.  Maybe a nap will help.  Thanks much!   
:socks:   :frog:

deeleelambbaa

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: 2 questions
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 08:45:28 AM »
naps fix everything, especially when a kitty joins you  ^.^
I am in the same boat as you with the storage of supplies-- I have all of my supplies in a drawstring bag and my ponies displayed on my printer... not efficient at all, but I sometimes go to a friend's to work on ponies, so it's the most efficient :/
But when I get home over the summer (back from my dorm), I plan on using my extra plastic dresser that I use for clothes now for my pony supplies then. There will be one drawer for paint, one for ponies, one for hair, and one for sculpting/other  :biggrin:
so many reasons that I can't wait til school is over...
as for the sculpting, I can only advise you on what air-drying sculpting material NOT to get: Sculpt-It by SargentArt. DON'T TORTURE YOURSELF BY WORKING WITH THIS STUFF...  >_<

Offline Lucky4leafclover

• Trade Count: (+129)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.etsy.com/shop/LittleLuckyClover
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 08:49:00 AM »
Many people have great results with Apoxie. There is also another alternative called Amazing Sculpt some people use. Fimo Air, and Fimo Ultra Air are also alternatives. I'm not the biggest sculptor, but I have tried them also and had good results. My sculpting needs practice, but the clays are nice.

Offline naylastar

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 10:10:39 AM »
Apoxie Sculpt or Apoxie Clay, definitely. And I like to keep all my stuff in a big solid makeup box I got when I was a kid, free of makeup now of course:)

Offline Kanthaka

• Trade Count: (+342)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • Crafting Instagram
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 10:13:23 PM »
Apoxie Sculpt is fantastic if you can get it! 

As for storage... I'm no help there. :P  I have my customizing things in all kinds of different tubs to keep the cats from wreaking havoc.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal