collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Thread Number 1 Too Many.  (Read 101727 times)

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Thread Number 1 Too Many.
« Reply #135 on: April 03, 2012, 07:39:46 PM »
Where are people finding Rochelle? =0

The majority of people who have her here ordered her from Angelic Dreamz, a well-known doll store. I've heard that some TRUs in California have gotten her in as well.

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 03, 2012, 10:06:07 PM »
Rochelle is pretty cute. :D Man, I saw Opertta a dozen times in different stores. I passed her up everytime, Now I want to find her again and get her. Always the way right?
~Foxtale~

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 04, 2012, 03:54:06 AM »
I may be very late to the party but I see TRU in the UK finally has the Were Twins in stock...shame my closest TRU is 25 miles away! Hopefully they ll still be there at the weekend...and again the £29.99 price tag is ever so slightly painful lol!!!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

papier

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #138 on: April 04, 2012, 11:36:06 AM »
Hi! I'm pretty new to the arena and also quite new to MH collecting.

I decided to come out of lurking just to wonder - is it just me or is the quality deteriorating quite rapidly? The only doll I have that is 'perfect' is Howleen. All my others have at least one or two flaws in their face. I recently got DotD Frankie, and not only does her face have one or two flaws (albeit easily overlooked), but her shoes are in a terrible state - all chipped and with dried glue stains. I've already contacted Mattel CS about ordering replacement shoes. I also recently sold my DotD Ghoulia because of her face-up problems. Now I find my Operetta has one eye set higher than the other, so her face looks wonky (that and frizzy hair). -__- Unfortunately it's so hard to tell when they're in the packaging (not to mention Operetta's mask was over the 'bad' eye).

Am I just terribly unlucky? To be fair, I have to buy from online retailers because I can never find any in stores (except for the werewolf sisters), so I can't compare before purchase. I just ordered the werecat twins off TRU UK, and with all the horror stories I've heard about those, I'm going to be scrutinising pretty carefully before deboxing. I don't know if I can even justify collecting them if they're going to have problems all the time.

Sorry for the lame question; I know others have the occasional quality issue but I seem to get it with every doll. .__.

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 04, 2012, 11:39:51 AM »

I decided to come out of lurking just to wonder - is it just me or is the quality deteriorating quite rapidly? The only doll I have that is 'perfect' is Howleen. All my others have at least one or two flaws in their face. I recently got DotD Frankie, and not only does her face have one or two flaws (albeit easily overlooked), but her shoes are in a terrible state - all chipped and with dried glue stains. I've already contacted Mattel CS about ordering replacement shoes. I also recently sold my DotD Ghoulia because of her face-up problems. Now I find my Operetta has one eye set higher than the other, so her face looks wonky (that and frizzy hair). -__- Unfortunately it's so hard to tell when they're in the packaging (not to mention Operetta's mask was over the 'bad' eye).

Am I just terribly unlucky? To be fair, I have to buy from online retailers because I can never find any in stores (except for the werewolf sisters), so I can't compare before purchase. I just ordered the werecat twins off TRU UK, and with all the horror stories I've heard about those, I'm going to be scrutinising pretty carefully before deboxing. I don't know if I can even justify collecting them if they're going to have problems all the time.

Sorry for the lame question; I know others have the occasional quality issue but I seem to get it with every doll. .__.

I don't think the quality is deteriorating. My daughter has close to 70 dolls and most of them are perfect, very few have flaws. Yes, they all have box hair, since she collects them MIB, but that's to be expected. We order about half of them online, I guess we've been lucky :)

papier

« Reply #140 on: April 04, 2012, 11:45:17 AM »

I don't think the quality is deteriorating. My daughter has close to 70 dolls and most of them are perfect, very few have flaws. Yes, they all have box hair, since she collects them MIB, but that's to be expected. We order about half of them online, I guess we've been lucky :)

Thank you! I guess it's just me XD

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 04, 2012, 12:32:23 PM »
Papier, I don't know if it's just you.  I have had pretty terrible luck with a lot of MH dolls too, ESPECIALLY multi-pack dolls.  It seems that if 1 or 2 of the dolls in a pack looks great, the others are hideous!  I have been unable to get the Clawd/Draculaura two pack yet because one of the two ALWAYS looks severely bad.  I have seen over 30 of these packs in person, and have yet to find one where this wasn't the case!  My Clawdeen from the werewolf Target two-pack has an eyeball desperately trying to escape into her hairline.  Misplaced/different size eyes is one of the most annoying flaws to me, and it can be extremely hard to spot in dolls like Sweet 1600 Clawd, Deuce, and Ghoulias because they're packaged with their glasses on (also, hurray for stains and head-dents!)  My werecat twins...I'm afraid to touch their hair because it falls out!! Is that a common problem for those two?  It's pretty awful!

As for SS Frankie....
I got mine a couple weeks ago, from Justice.  She is such a gorgeous doll.  I love everything about her.  I loved her before, when all I saw of her were online pics, but now that I have her, I see that the photos didn't do her justice! The silver highlights on her didn't pick up well in the photos, and irl she is just STUNNING!

I was thinking they might eventually make a full-color SS Frankie, too.  Maybe she'd be part of a multi-doll exclusive pack, that would also include SS Cleo and SS Clawdeen?  It could happen...(much to my doll-multipack-hatin' dismay).
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 04:07:22 PM by Tropical_Sunset »

papier

« Reply #142 on: April 04, 2012, 12:53:27 PM »
Papier, I don't know if it's just you.  I have had pretty terrible luck with a lot of MH dolls too, ESPECIALLY multi-pack dolls.  It seems that if 1 or 2 of the dolls in a pack looks great, the others are hideous!  I have been unable to get the Clawd/Draculaura two pack yet because one of the two ALWAYS looks severely bad.  I have seen over 30 of these packs in person, and have yet to find one where this wasn't the case!  My Clawdeen from the werewolf Target two-pack has an eyeball desperately trying to escape into her hairline.  Misplaced/different size eyes is one of the most annoying flaws to me, and it can be extremely hard to spot in dolls like Sweet 1600 Clawd, Deuce, and Ghoulias because they're packaged with their glasses on (also, hurray for stains and head-dents!)  My werecat twins...I'm afraid to touch their hair because it falls out!! Is that a common problem for those two?  It's pretty awful!

The eye wonk thing seems to be a common thread with my dolls - the left eye being slightly closer to the nose is apparent in two of them, and of course, my Operetta. I bought her from amazon but as I took her out the box there's no way they'll let me return her just for a slightly too high eye and hair frizz. :( I may just sell her nude, keep the clothes and buy the dot dead gorgeous version when she comes out. Someone with a kid who doesn't care too much about the face up might buy her.

And I can't believe your twins' hair is coming out, that's awful :( Also, isn't that a choking hazard for children?

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 04, 2012, 03:33:39 PM »

Some of the earlier dolls, like DotD, have had more issues than recent ones. There will still be a wonk doll once in a while but that happens with pretty much any toy that is factory made. And store exclusives will always either have lower quality or be overpriced for what they are.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Rococo

« Reply #144 on: April 04, 2012, 03:42:37 PM »
Yeah, my basic Frankie's eyes were printed too far to the right, so one eye is practically on the bridge of her nose and the other is wandering off closer towards her ear lol. Poor girl. I might have considered selling her but I don't know who would want her with that defect. The first Nefara I purchased from Amazon.com had a similar problem (eyes printed off-center) but I returned her for a refund and purchased a perfect one from Target for a slightly higher price.

The eye-wonk is very common amongst my dolls though. I think they have some sort of eye issue, minor or major (i.e., wandering eyes or one slightly bigger than the other) more often than not. How do the differing eye size errors happen during the painting process anyway, I've always been curious?

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #145 on: April 04, 2012, 03:58:57 PM »
My Purrsephone has one eye that's smaller than the other, which is annoying, so I display her with her hand covering her face. XD My Operetta's left eye is a bit crooked, but since that's the side of her face with the scars, it has become my headcanon that her eye was damaged in the same accident that gave her the scars. (Yes, I know they're technically "birthmarks". :I)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline Trinity

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Also known as Elfwink.
    • View Profile
    • Elfwink's Pixels
« Reply #146 on: April 04, 2012, 06:14:39 PM »
When buying MH from a store, I always take a look at all the dolls on the shelf and choose the one with the least flaws. I think mine are 99.9% good! The worst ones I saw had hair slightly off-place or strokes of paint in the wrong place.
:rainbow: also known as Elfwink | pixel art!

Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 04, 2012, 06:24:16 PM »
... i went through over 70 ss Frankies before i chose one that had the least amount wrong with er ... the limb seams/injection spots/eye size/eye placement was way wonky on like all of them ...and i've seen so many nefera/operrettas with some pretty horrible paint rubs ... took me forever to find nefera's anywhere and the one i recently bought was mostly because "i think i can pick those paint flecks off, i can trim those stray hairs, but at least her eyes are even in size and placement and her clothers are fully sewn ..."

and back when i bought my signature abbey (thank god lol) i was super excited to find her as the only doll on the shelf because her hand had popped out of the socket, not broken off, or anything, just the peg was popped out and on the bottom of the box inside lol

i think it's a big yes that quality is dropping as they are trying to meet demand, but good dolls still appear and bad dolls still appear, it reallyjust depends on how picky you are as a collector, i am very picky, but my friend isn't and has several dolls she calls perfect that in my opinion aren't ... but then again i own two rescue mh's a dt draculara missing a lower leg and a phys dead ghoulia missing a lower arm lol but everythng else is perfect lmao
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline MsTwilight

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 04, 2012, 08:34:10 PM »
Kmart USA has all yellow sticker toys marked at an additional 50% off sticker. They had the Day at the Maul fashion pack for $5.50. Check your Kmarts on the endcaps and in clearance if you need this set. ;)

Offline Clementine

• Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 04, 2012, 09:33:21 PM »
Target in Australia has a sale on monster high! :D Also, mr. toys toyworld has Draculauras car! Hopefully they get Cleos dressing table soon!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal