collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What to do with factory defect ponies?  (Read 2650 times)

Offline bagheera86

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
What to do with factory defect ponies?
« on: March 24, 2012, 07:53:11 AM »
Like I said in chat I bought a daisy something double pack pony today, long story short no exchange or refunds. I didn't realise till after I purchased it and what not, I'm not happy at all with it. I like my things to be as perfect as can possibly be, it cost me $14.50.

It's not even a funny, quirky, cute kind of defect either. it's like a v shaped burn scar on her display side shoulder that is clearly visible.

Do I sell? Smack the clerk? I know I ain't shopping there again. I usually avoid that store, I dunno what posessed me to go back there after all these years.

Offline BrightIdea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What to do with factory defect ponies?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 08:03:57 AM »
Well you would easily be able to remake the money you spent on it if you sold it.

Maybe take the package back to the store and show them the defect and ask if you can exchange it. It is worth a try even though they don't do exchanges normally.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

DustEnvy

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 08:12:28 AM »
Why not contact Hasbro customer support?  After all it is their pony, and it has a manufacturer's defect. They don't want bad karma from a faulty product  :biggrin:

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 08:14:49 AM »
Well you would easily be able to remake the money you spent on it if you sold it.

Maybe take the package back to the store and show them the defect and ask if you can exchange it. It is worth a try even though they don't do exchanges normally.

it was on the receipt sold as 'faulty, no returns' So... doomed ;--; I did try that and they made a fuss of 'hmmm, what defect?". It's little... but it's an eyesore to me.

Post Merge: March 24, 2012, 08:15:40 AM

Why not contact Hasbro customer support?  After all it is their pony, and it has a manufacturer's defect. They don't want bad karma from a faulty product  :biggrin:
would they even care? it works fine, just it has a burn mark. I'd like to keep it in it's package. .__.;

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 08:16:26 AM »
I guess there's no choice but to resell it at a reduced price since it's flawed and the store has a no refund or exchange policy.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 08:29:43 AM »
Taxel here at the Arena loves factory error ponies!  I'd send her a message:).  I'm sorry your pony isn't what you wanted.  Hopefully you'll find a new one and give the defect pony a loving home!

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 08:38:57 AM »
Taxel here at the Arena loves factory error ponies!  I'd send her a message:).  I'm sorry your pony isn't what you wanted.  Hopefully you'll find a new one and give the defect pony a loving home!
I just want one exactly like it, i found it in another store but i wasn't keen to buy another! i'll shoot her/him a pm and see what they say. I'm sure they aren't worth anymore... They're probably worth less =-=;

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 09:28:09 AM »
I know not every store offers financial returns but I cant imagine one which wouldnt at least replace with like for like or credit/gift card!! In fact I think in the UK a retailer has to offer some kind of returns policy. Thats terrible that a store can do that.

Is it a big retailer? You could always trying kicking off to their head office or report to Hasbro. At the end of the day they have sold you a damaged product even if its damage that not everyone would consider an issue - but dont you have consumer or goods rights you could challenge them on?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline darknessunisousboy

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • http://darknesscustomshack.webs.com/
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2012, 10:57:50 AM »
As someone said above hasbro prides on making things right contact there customer care and they should send you a new one.

toralei

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2012, 11:06:07 AM »
Because she's an international pony, you could easily sell her on evilBay for the price of the pack.

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2012, 11:14:51 AM »
In fact I think in the UK a retailer has to offer some kind of returns policy. Thats terrible that a store can do that.

Only mail order - that is the Distance Selling Regulations. In a bricks and mortar environment, the customer is deemed as having adequate opportunity to inspect the product prior to purchase so a store is not legally obliged to offer any return policy, although many do - it's good customer service after all.

The exception to this is that consumers in the UK have statutory rights under the Sale of Goods Act, meaning that they have the right to return a product which is faulty or not suitable for its intended purpose. (Intended purpose being as defined by a "reasonable man" not using a microwave for blowing things up!). In that situation the retailer can repair, replace or refund as they deem appropriate.

As the receipt states that the product was faulty at the time of purchase, and you'd expect there to be some kind of sticker or label to this effect on it, I don't know how that would work. I assume that Australia has similar laws so those would need checking. Has it been opened? Can you see the flaw through the packaging?

Maybe this would be better in trader support? Somebody there might be familiar with the appropriate legislation. :)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2012, 01:04:40 PM »
Could just try to fix it, with some high grit sand paper.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2012, 04:20:05 PM »
Keep MOC and sell to factory error collectors, unless you deboxed already.

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2012, 09:36:33 PM »
Keep MOC and sell to factory error collectors, unless you deboxed already.

I shall never debox! Unless I get a double.

Could just try to fix it, with some high grit sand paper.

could.. but I want to keep her in the box. She'll stand my neglect better that way!

In fact I think in the UK a retailer has to offer some kind of returns policy. Thats terrible that a store can do that.

Only mail order - that is the Distance Selling Regulations. In a bricks and mortar environment, the customer is deemed as having adequate opportunity to inspect the product prior to purchase so a store is not legally obliged to offer any return policy, although many do - it's good customer service after all.

The exception to this is that consumers in the UK have statutory rights under the Sale of Goods Act, meaning that they have the right to return a product which is faulty or not suitable for its intended purpose. (Intended purpose being as defined by a "reasonable man" not using a microwave for blowing things up!). In that situation the retailer can repair, replace or refund as they deem appropriate.

As the receipt states that the product was faulty at the time of purchase, and you'd expect there to be some kind of sticker or label to this effect on it, I don't know how that would work. I assume that Australia has similar laws so those would need checking. Has it been opened? Can you see the flaw through the packaging?

Maybe this would be better in trader support? Somebody there might be familiar with the appropriate legislation. :)

yes you can see it the flaw, no i have no opened it (i never intended too), but apparently I had picked it from the 'bargain/faulty' bin, which I probably did and well... I'm not to observant and just saw a pile of g3/g4 ponies and went rummaging.

well the deal is they said 'sold as faulty' no returns. So maybe i could go to ANOTHER store somewhere else (and hope they don't call them) and maybe get an exchange? What annoyed me also is that they were $4-5 more expensive than every other store. But there is a law here saying that no matter what you purchase the store must offer refund of exchange- customers choice. But maybe making the purchase I had agreed somehwo to the condition of sale and that's the pickle I'm worried about finding myself in.

Because she's an international pony, you could easily sell her on evilBay for the price of the pack.
veyr much considering it...
As someone said above hasbro prides on making things right contact there customer care and they should send you a new one.

i'll give it a shot, do you recommend email or get them on the phone?

I know not every store offers financial returns but I cant imagine one which wouldnt at least replace with like for like or credit/gift card!! In fact I think in the UK a retailer has to offer some kind of returns policy. Thats terrible that a store can do that.

Is it a big retailer? You could always trying kicking off to their head office or report to Hasbro. At the end of the day they have sold you a damaged product even if its damage that not everyone would consider an issue - but dont you have consumer or goods rights you could challenge them on?

I was thinking about that... but I work in the same shopping center as them and the staff I've purchased from come through my checkout rather often :( so that's another reason for me not to be so indirect at the moment. I don't want them coming and making trouble for me at my store >_<:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2012, 03:21:16 AM »
I didnt realise that the product had been purchased as a marked faulty product...thats frustrating!!! Good luck sorting something out...
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal