collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sticker Swap  (Read 2980 times)

Obscuria

• Trade Count: (0)
Sticker Swap
« on: March 24, 2012, 12:54:13 AM »
Alright so I have a HUGE sticker collection, and I have always wanted to do a swap. How this would work would be as follows {the same way Kar Red Roses runs her sticker swaps}

Everyone posts her to sign up, and PM's me their addy. Then goes out and buys their stickers. Now everyone should send at least between 10-20 dollars worth of stickers. You can cut them up yourself into individual portions or I can do that for you. Make sure you affix your name to the back with a little label, or just write it on the back sopeople knows what came from whom, and when yo send your stickrs to me, also include 5.00 for me to ship your stickers back to you! Everyone can also post their fave type of stickers so we can keep that in mind as we shop.

So if you are up for this post here to show interest, if enough people are in, I will set a deadline and start telling you to send PM's so I can get your addy and you can get mine.

ALSO NO CHEAP DOLLAR STORE STICKRS PLEASE! Think on-line stickers {I will post some good on-line sticker links if anyone wants}, Michaels, Hobby Lobby, even Wal-Mart and Target

I will allow small extras, confetti, little trinket type things from party stores, cards AND if everyone agrees one pony also so everyone gets stickers and a pony, or if not agreed we can nix the pony idea. Candy also acceptable.

So who wants in?

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
Re: Sticker Swap
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 01:18:11 AM »
why couldnt there just be assigned partners? just curious, id feel better about just picking out stickers for a partner and sending them directly to that person, less work then having them all sent to you also.
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Obscuria

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 01:21:36 AM »
Well Kar ran her swap this way and I'd rather do it this way since I can make sure that everyone gets equal stickers, I can tailor stickers to what people like nad make sure they are cut up and labelled etc, I'm just more comfortable doing it this way since it always worked perfectly in the past PLUS I have the extra time on my hands.

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 01:44:11 AM »
I'm really confused.  :what:
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

Offline Lucky4leafclover

• Trade Count: (+129)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.etsy.com/shop/LittleLuckyClover
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 06:33:22 AM »
I would be in for a sticker swap. I ran one here 2 years ago, and it was amazing. Everyone got awesome packages, and it was so much fun. I'm not sure how your idea works though. Would we be sending you our stickers, then you send to others or would we get our own partners? I'm sorry I didn't get that too clear in your post. Might just be me because of my scatter brain, lol!

Offline WhispersOfTheWind

• Trade Count: (+183)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 08:43:16 AM »
a sticker swap would be fun.  i like your idea but im not entirely comfortable with it because i think it should be hosted by someone who has a lot positive feedback.  i'd prefer that if it was going to be one person getting all the stickers and money.  in the meantime though, maybe we could assign partners instead or someone could just PM me for a private swap :)
:lovey:

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 09:42:46 AM »
I am just curious why you would be cutting them up as opposed to leaving them as they are on the sheets they are on?  I think having a partner is better because you can send to that person and purchase for that person what they like.   I am already in a sticker swap so I will pass at the moment.  Stickers are so much fun!!  Have fun.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 09:44:37 AM by tulagirl »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 10:59:42 AM »
I'm totally fine with doing it like a card swap.  I don't mind sending out a whole bunch of stickers to 8-10 people (we could break the list into chunks if we needed to), especially if we're cutting up the sticker sheets anyway.  :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2012, 04:41:27 PM »
Have fun!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Obscuria

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2012, 04:00:13 PM »
Well the cutting them up is so everyone can get some of the stickers from the sheet, as I said I'm taking the idea from Kar Red Roses on the TP and we cut up the sheets into individual size portions, like into twos or threes so everyone got a portion of the sheet, OR people sent whole sheets and sh cut them up herself, but if everyone isn't comfortable with this or they don't feel like I have enough feedback that's fine and I totally understand. No big deal, I just thought I would give it a shot ad whatnot, partners is fun, but thi way everyone gets bigger packages and more stickers and more variety.

kirei_na_sakura

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2012, 05:34:07 PM »
This wouldn't be open do newbies would it? (( sheepish smile ))

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2012, 06:30:06 PM »
I gotta think about this one.

Are sticker flakes cool? No need to cut them up :3

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Obscuria

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2012, 04:06:49 AM »
I would accept newbies, as long as we get enough people to participate, and SOME flake stickers are fine, just don't make them your entire package, maybe less thn half, that's how we did it on the TP, and since that swap always worked great I'm trying to follow those guidelines. So to clarify.

Once we have enough participates a deadline will be set to get your sticker packages to me,  will make it fair, say a month.
Everyone participating can post their fave types of stickers so we can keep that in mind as we shop.
You CAN specify a certain sticker in your packag to go to another participant, like if someone really loves the little mermaid and you get them a Ariel sticker you can make a note for who its for and I will make sure it goes to the right person.
You MUST include money for me t ship back to you, I cannot afford to ship packages out of my own budget, however much it costs to ship your package to me is how much you should include.

We as a group can mutually agree on a budget or NUMBER of stickers, usually it was about 100/200 stickers {which isn't alot when you consider many come with multiple sheets etc} though you can buy more, you will basically get back the same number you send, if you send 100 you get back 100, if you send 250 you get 250 back.

I will keep the thread updated as I recieve packages.

PLEASE write your name on the back of the stickers, or affix a litte sticker and write your name o that.

Any questions just ask, and again, sheets should be cut into portions of two or three or send sheets and I will do it myself.

Offline WhispersOfTheWind

• Trade Count: (+183)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2012, 07:44:38 AM »
if you are cutting sheets, maybe having a number of stickers like 100-200 is better than a price range.  because it sounds like everything will be opened.  i would count flakes as extras or maybe 2 flakes = 1 towards the sticker count? or maybe a price range for those whose stickers obviously cost $3 for a sheet ? something like that, the 3d/fun stickers do cost more.
:lovey:

Obscuria

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2012, 02:43:28 PM »
Well since there seems to be aother sticker swap thread with more interest I will gracefully bow out unless you guys really are interested and want to give this a go, I would still like to do so. WotW I totally agree, I'd rather stick with a number, and like I said between 100 to 200 is best, you get back what you put in. That's how it was done, two flakes counted as 1 sticker, and if you buy more expensive stickers obviously you would get a bit more back.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal