collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Mcdonalds Ponies  (Read 6351 times)

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
Re: Mcdonalds Ponies
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2012, 01:57:52 PM »
All I have is Cheerilee and the painting on her is terrible. Not too big a fan of the 2012 ponies but she's cute. :)

I think my Twilight Sparkle's paint is perfect but the rest... yowza lol. I had such trouble(!!) trying to get a decent RD and the one I finally settled on still has tons of imperfections, more so than the other ponies maybe. I don't know, I guess it's hard to get her eyes properly in their indentations or something? Pretty much every RD I checked out had huge eye issues.

You can't expect too much from cheap Happy Meal toys, but it kinda sucks when you want perfect ones for display and it's like searching for a needle in a haystack. xD
yea cant expect alot from a toy they give away with food:)
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

ladybrooklyn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2012, 02:38:00 PM »
All I have is Cheerilee and the painting on her is terrible. Not too big a fan of the 2012 ponies but she's cute. :)

I've had problems with rubs here and there... and one tail hole melted in... but over all... they're not bad considering the fact they are free kid's meal toys... :lol:

And honestly... the problems with the eyes not being aligned with their "intendations"... is nothing different than G4s from Walmart etc...

I hit another McDs today... ang got a couple of Pinkie Pies from the previous run... :lol: Now if only they would hand me some Raritys and Twilights from the last run... I'd be happy! :lol:

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2012, 02:54:33 PM »
I'm trying to get two complete sets, one for me and one for my best friend. I've completed my set and I only need Pinkie for my best friend. I also have extras of Apple Jack and Rainbow Dash.

Is there any pony in this set that seems to be harder to find or more popular than the others?

Has anybody heard an official date that the ponies are going to end?

sailorstitch

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2012, 02:57:17 PM »
I got all of mine at one McDonalds on the Friday they came out.

Rococo

« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2012, 03:09:40 PM »
I'm trying to get two complete sets, one for me and one for my best friend. I've completed my set and I only need Pinkie for my best friend. I also have extras of Apple Jack and Rainbow Dash.

Is there any pony in this set that seems to be harder to find or more popular than the others?

Has anybody heard an official date that the ponies are going to end?

sailorstitch

It seems that people are having the most trouble with the first three ponies in the release cycle (i.e., Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Twilight Sparkle) and a bit of trouble with Cheerilee, the last pony. AJs and Rainbow Dashes seem to be most abundant and I don't recall seeing any complaints of those two being hard to attain.

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2012, 04:59:30 PM »
Lily Blossom and Applejack still elude me! My McDonald's all seemed to release everything out of order, in different ways. :P I'm trying to source an Applejack specifically for a friend. Perhaps they'll surface during the next week in my area...?

Katai

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2012, 07:31:13 PM »
I JUST snagged cheerilie today! She was 1.99 since I bought food.

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2012, 07:37:28 PM »
I was able to get the whole set in two visits to McDonalds.  I got only the first 2 at one and then was able to get the last of them in Laramie Wyoming.  They had all of them mixed in a huge box in the back and were nice enough to pick the last ones out for me.  If anyone needs, I believe I have extras of all of them but Rarity and Pinkie Pie.  I would love to trade for things on my wishlist, especially if they are hard for me to get like international exclusive, etc.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2012, 09:48:58 PM »
It seems that people are having the most trouble with the first three ponies in the release cycle (i.e., Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Twilight Sparkle) and a bit of trouble with Cheerilee, the last pony. AJs and Rainbow Dashes seem to be most abundant and I don't recall seeing any complaints of those two being hard to attain.

Pinkie and Rarity may be hard to find now, but when it first stated that's all people were getting (which makes sense since they are the first two). Those are the first ones I ended up with as well.
This is funny because I am still on the hunt for AJ and Rainbow Dash..
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

Rococo

« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2012, 09:56:53 PM »
Personally I had the most trouble with Twilight Sparkle. I almost just gave up on her but my bf went down to LA and managed to get me one. Somehow I had missed her cycle at the restaurant closest to my home, which I think followed to release schedule very accurately.

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2012, 11:35:18 PM »
This ends at the end of the month right? I asked my Mcdonalds and they told me that it ends whenever they run out. They also don't know if they'll be getting anymore in. I only need Pinkie Pie but she seems to be extinct >.<
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal