collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MLP news article / biggest fan - SarahBee!!!  (Read 7976 times)

Offline juliepinetree

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
Re: MLP news / biggest fan
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2012, 05:35:08 AM »
I really enjoyed reading about your pony room!  It is quite a pony room too!  For the bad comments, all I can suggest is just let them go.  It's sad that some people can only say mean things, and it's most likely due to the fact that they are lacking love and such in their own lives, so they beat up on all those around them.  Just think how lucky you are to have lot's of friends and family who want to stay in your cool pony room, and all us online pony people who support you!  Have a great day!

PandoraFox

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2012, 06:16:34 AM »
What an absolutely lovely collection!
And you look lovely in the pictures too.

I must say the article in the dailymail is lovely. It really doesn't try to be judgmental, just let's you speak you mind about your hobby.
To bad that the sun had to "sensationalize" it.

As for the nasty commentors.
"Oh no, someone is doing something that harms and bothers absolutely no one, least of all me, with their own hard earned cash that I find rather silly! Let me go and point out that I, grand worldly person, think this is stupid, because it's obviously important the world knows I think so." Seriously, whatever gives them their feeling of self worth in life.

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2012, 06:34:26 AM »
PandoraFox you said that so well!!

lipstickcat, yep all the ponies are on the floor and it took ages to put them back! But I rearranged them slightly when I did so it worked out well, I like them better in their slightly altered display.

The pics they didn't print though.... would show you that actually I'm UNDER that pile ;) We did that photo and then one of my head poking out, then my arms and then Joe took a series of photos showing me getting out of it. It was really funny! The first one after I start to get up has a couple ponies flying towards the camera LOL!! So much fun!!

Offline Jemofirongate

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2012, 06:42:16 AM »
Hugs for you Sarah-Bee!  :)  Bad on that journalist for not telling you it would be an online article, you always get stupid comments from people who delight in trolling people from a position of anonymity!

I'm sure you know this already, but just ignore the bad ones - there really are some sad and ignorant people in the world

You go girl, your collection is fab!

Jem :biggrin:
Most Wanted! Megans Place Accessories, Please PM me if you want to sell :-)

Offline LilSpark

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Taste the Rainbow!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2012, 06:52:59 AM »
As I read both the articles, I must say: The Sun were not after portraying toy collecting in a good light. It angers me very much how they set a negative focus on your hobby and using words like 'Wacky'. And hateful comments are just after bashing someone for being happy.
The original article is much better and I enjoyed reading it. People collect all sorts of things, and yours is certainly beautiful! A hobby that makes one happy is a very good thing!
And I had to giggle at the G2 picture and their comment about "Ridiculously long eyelashes" XD I must go investigate my beloved G2's now and see how their eyelashes are doing.

This, exactly my thought!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

gypsyunicorn

« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2012, 08:37:48 AM »
Hugs to you Sarah-Bee ,dont let the haters get you down..I know I would of felt the same way and cried too..but we love you and it is great your family does too about it so dont give them haters a second thought,more hugs to you

Offline gallifreyan_pony

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2012, 09:28:37 AM »
Wow, your collection is amazing and your pony room is awesome! And I never thought I'd praise the Daily Fail, but that first article was really positive and nicely written.

Though I'd like to put forward a motion that we all refer to Dream Castle as "THAT Dream Castle" from now on ;)

It's such a shame that some people seem determined to spoil the fun of others and can't understand what a hobby is.

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2012, 10:37:59 AM »
wow! that is a huge collection!
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2012, 10:43:02 AM »

As I read both the articles, I must say: The Sun were not after portraying toy collecting in a good light. It angers me very much how they set a negative focus on your hobby and using words like 'Wacky'. And hateful comments are just after bashing someone for being happy.
The original article is much better and I enjoyed reading it. People collect all sorts of things, and yours is certainly beautiful! A hobby that makes one happy is a very good thing!
And I had to giggle at the G2 picture and their comment about "Ridiculously long eyelashes" XD I must go investigate my beloved G2's now and see how their eyelashes are doing.

This, exactly my thought!
I went to check after I read that and thought to myself "I guess they've never seen the eyelashes on a REAL pony..?"  :lmao:
They can definitely be really long eyelashes. :P
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Stroggos

Re: MLP news
« Reply #84 on: March 23, 2012, 05:47:46 PM »
We love you Sarah!!  You make all of us look good :lol: !!

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

For the record your Princess Rarity is beautiful. I'll see if I can snag her when I'm at work today.

Strogg

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: MLP news article / biggest fan - SarahBee!!!
« Reply #85 on: March 24, 2012, 03:43:10 PM »
Oh I'm so happy that it's you Sarah-Bee! How exciting :D And I thought the article was surprisingly positive, usually I get the vibe that an author is insinuating that pony collectors are a bit nuts, but combined with your interview comments I thought they portrayed pony collecting in a positive light. And it seemed like most people were either neutral or quite interested in pony collecting as a hobby. As for the negative comments, they actually made me laugh. They were either ignorant or just ridiculous, as most negative online comments tend to be :P If anything, I pity the bitter people who have so much time on their hands, and they choose to spend it being cranky in internet comments.

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 24, 2012, 04:16:21 PM »
oww beautiful collection, i want to make snow angels out of that heap.
boooo to all the negative gerks.
collecting mlp is the best fun hobby ever

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Filthy

• The Crazy Cat Lady
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 24, 2012, 04:46:12 PM »
They published a shortened version without photos here in Finland too, the site publishing it is focused on entertainment and 'weird stuff' (like an article about a marijuana vending machine xD).They mostly focused on how much was spent, not mentioning the current worth. Mostly it's written in a neutral tone so I assume it was translated from the DM version.
Thanks to Mandy85 for my avatar

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 24, 2012, 06:46:25 PM »
Wonderful article, congrats to you!  Your pony room looked so nicely organized.  Please don't take the comments personally.  Nasty people post comments like that on *everything.*  Sadly they hurt others in the process, but they mainly hurt themselves--if you put out negativity, that's what you will get.  You, on the other hand, put out something positive that brightened many peoples' day--including mine!

I do wish the reporter hadn't been so emphatic about only *women* remembering MLP fondly--we know from members here that it's not just women! :)
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 25, 2012, 03:02:53 AM »
We love you Sarah!!  You make all of us look good :lol: !!

Michelle! VERY off topic but I dreamt last night that you worked at the same place I do :P It was this MASSIVE corporation type place and I found the article on your desk and also one about you lol. So I left a note on your desk for when you got back in to email me cos neither of us knew the other one worked there LOL :P

Post Merge: March 25, 2012, 05:23:29 AM

A couple more links! I'm over the comments and use of the word "obsessed" etc so just thought I'd put these here. They pretty much just say the same things, but I can't believe it's in an American paper! LOL

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/my-little-pony-fan-29-builds-769548

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/23/sarah-butler-my-little-pony_n_1375193.html

« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 05:23:29 AM by Sarah-Bee »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal