collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: So Frustrated With G4  (Read 8638 times)

Offline scarlettkitty81

• Trade Count: (+275)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: So Frustrated With G4
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2012, 06:13:38 PM »
I think we all should complain to Hasbro that we want the blind bags and euro exclusives to be distributed in the USA also!

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2012, 06:18:29 PM »
The US lagging so far behind Europe on blind bag releases bothers me because it's so expensive trying to import them/buy them online. :yikes:

The quality control on G4s is lacking but I think overall, quality control on many toys that are mass produced nowadays (*ahem*, looking at you, Lalaloopsy and Monster High) is lacking compared to, say, 20 years ago...

It's not just the US. A lot of countries in Europe are only now getting the blindbags.
We never saw the first and second wave here.
Ditto. Here in the UK, we went straight in at Wave 43 too Never even bothered with previous waves.

But, the quality control is getting to me too. I have a full set of blind bags, but one of them - Golden Grape, the boy pony, has a huge chunk of his cutie mark missing. Not to mention the amount of still boxed ponies with damage on them inside :(

I don't mind the mane 6, but I want to see them in different poses. Also like others, I'm bored of the same two poses being re-released constantly.

As for Cherry Pie and Diamond Dreams, I have yet to see them over here! All we have is an overload of mane 6 luggage ponies.

Exclusives... I don't mind, really. The US get a fair few exclusives too, anyway.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2012, 06:28:26 PM »
I feel yah really. I haven't even bothered with ponies because of the lack of them and the lack of quality. I got all the G4s I wanted and I moved on to older gens.

(*coughandmonsterhighcough*)

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Online Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2012, 06:54:16 PM »
I had to buy Diamond Rose and Cherry Pie from CVS, for $7 each. >_< They just never showed up in my Target, or I missed them, or something! Argh! Aside from that, though (and NEVER finding blind bags locally, wtf?), I guess I've been pretty lucky with my shopping experiences! But I do also kind of gloss over a lot of their flaws in the squee of 'EEE NEW PONY!' :redface:
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Pythia

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2012, 07:00:46 PM »
Considering how quickly the US normally gets...well, everything else, I can't really find it in myself to be too sympathetic about you guys having to wait a bit longer for some stuff. :P
I know it's frustrating, but it's like that for those of us in small countries with EVERYTHING. It's kind of nice to be one of the front runners for a change.
Looking for: Alternate Birthflowers, Baity wingers, So softs - both minty and for deflocking - and DREAM BEAUTIES!

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2012, 07:31:33 PM »

These ponies are £5 in the UK and $5ish in the states..

...$12+ in Iceland :scared:

Also, i do remember people for other European countries complaining how a single pony is around $10 at least. So while it might (arguably) be acceptable in certain countries, it's pretty scandalous in others.

Thus, even though I don't actively collect G4, I completely agree with OP, and many of the stated reasons (plus the outrageous price difference) is exactly why i´m not buying them
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline Starbright

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2012, 07:57:02 PM »
I'm actually paying more attention to buying G3s secondhand now, because it will be a while before Hasbro has any G4s I want for sale.
Collecting G1 and G3 since 2005  :biggrin:

Prismpawpaw

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2012, 08:01:13 PM »
I've seen a lot of ponies at Family Dollar, so if you have those in the area, check there too! 

Offline UnicornTamer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Everypony needs Jesus.
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Dreams
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2012, 08:09:11 PM »
Tell me about it. I just got the fashion style ponies here in Mexico! I was SOOOOOOO happy when I saw Blossomforth, Lulu Luck and Cupcake in the store, like, 4 days ago. Ugh.

Lon-san

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2012, 08:46:35 PM »
I think new characters should be shipped with either more in a box then the others or in a box of their own. Either way, there should be more of the new guys. Yeah, the mane six are popular but unless they are new to the toys or there's an exciting new gimmick, how many Pinkie Pies is a kid going to want? The new characters are going to be the ones that most people want. My local one has everything they ahve on the shelves. There's about 5 or so of each character BUT DR and CP.

Walmart just dropped their price on the singles and I have a giftcard. I'm not as bad off as people who can't even find a single one but I would kinda like extra DR baits (My DR is put together from the best parts of two damaged ones. Every last one I have seen was smudged with black and the bait body is uncleanable at the neck). I guess they will restock when more of them have sold but, but, ah want 'em naow!

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2012, 08:54:14 PM »
Well, I'm getting frustrated with G4 in a different sense. Hasbro Malaysia is slowing down rapidly. And I'm still not able to legally watch the show. It's driving me nuts.
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2012, 08:49:39 AM »
I personally haven't seen too much lack of quality control in my G4's, and I own about a dozen right now. Certainly I seem to be having better luck than people who are seeing 'every other one' with problems! That's not fun for collectors! :(

I have to say though that I am happy Hasbro found a happy medium between their 'core 7' decision and their 'early G3 years'. In the early G3 years they put out TONS of different characters. Seriously, compared to G4's there's like triple the characters! So many to buy if you wanted to have them all lol.

I can see why Hasbor repeatedly puts out the 6 characters from the show right now. Kids tune in to new shows all the time. Every day there's a kid discovering FiM for the first time, and when they go to the store, they want to see the characters they say on the television. So Hasbro needs to keep the mane 6 characters in the stores as much as possible. But Hasbro knows both collectors and kids won't buy the same character over and over and over again (up to a certain point, anyway!) so they also include new characters.

I do wish there would be more original character toys than there are now, but I think this is a better solution they found compared to the G3.5 line which had NO new characters at all.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

cesprins

« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2012, 08:57:15 AM »
I personally haven't seen too much lack of quality control in my G4's, and I own about a dozen right now. Certainly I seem to be having better luck than people who are seeing 'every other one' with problems! That's not fun for collectors! :(

I have to say though that I am happy Hasbro found a happy medium between their 'core 7' decision and their 'early G3 years'. In the early G3 years they put out TONS of different characters. Seriously, compared to G4's there's like triple the characters! So many to buy if you wanted to have them all lol.

I can see why Hasbor repeatedly puts out the 6 characters from the show right now. Kids tune in to new shows all the time. Every day there's a kid discovering FiM for the first time, and when they go to the store, they want to see the characters they say on the television. So Hasbro needs to keep the mane 6 characters in the stores as much as possible. But Hasbro knows both collectors and kids won't buy the same character over and over and over again (up to a certain point, anyway!) so they also include new characters.

I do wish there would be more original character toys than there are now, but I think this is a better solution they found compared to the G3.5 line which had NO new characters at all.

I agree. It would've been really disappointing if they didn't keep adding new ponies and playsets with each season's toyline. I also understand, they need to keep the main 6 in stores because of the show, but arg! At the same time it's so frustrating, especially if you happen to like playsets, like myself, and wind up getting like 4 and counting different versions of rarity, RD, and fluttershy... I don't know what to do with them all.

Really? The g3.5 was just the same characters over and over again? That must've been maddening...

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2012, 09:55:59 AM »
It was really maddening. >.< And it's why I stopped collecting MLP between 2009 and now. And also why I'm so thankful for the G4's! lol
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2012, 11:39:11 AM »

This for me pretty much.
I do wish they would put more of the non show characters.
I'm not one for doubles of characters, so I got the FS ponies of the show characters and collect the non show characters in the brushable form.

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal