collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Kmart.com- your experience  (Read 2467 times)

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Kmart.com- your experience
« on: March 19, 2012, 03:15:11 PM »
So I ordered something the other day, not knowing they aren't very good at sending the right item. Please if you ever ordered from them, I would like to hear about it. When my order comes in, I will let you all know what happens too.  :huh:

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
Re: Kmart.com- your experience
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 03:16:32 PM »
Oh no!! I'm so sorry!

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 03:21:51 PM »
I really hope you end up with the correct item - and if not, I hope you get a really awesome item in it's place. It's sad the KMart gets the orders all wrong.
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 03:29:05 PM »
Uh oh! I hope everything works out and you get what you need!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Megans_Cousin

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 03:39:36 PM »
Yeah, I hope it works out for you too.

Well, I placed an order there for their site to store service late last year. It was for a Barbie Basics doll that had just been released which had full articulation. They said it was in stock at the only Kmart in my town (which is not that good!) and that I could pick it up the next day, I think. So, I took the train down there and could not for the life of me find the pick up spot. Everyone in the store told me to go to a different place! Also, this is a two-floor Kmart that is always understaffed, I might add! So, I wound up at the returns counter and could see a little bag there. I waited forever and it was a good thing I lookeed in the bag before I left, because it was just an older wave Barbie! I told them it was wrong and I had to wait again for them to process a refund. Well, since I had used a credit card, I think it took some days for it to be refunded. It was a bit of a hassle.

Shortly after that, I had been hearing more horror stories of either cancelled or wrong Barbie orders. Then, someone I know ordered a new Strawberry Shortcake doll and got sent an older wave one. It was then that I knew I had to spead the word about Kmart.com's bad service! About a month ago, I saw new Monster High fashions on there that no other store had. As tempting as it was, I resisted and I think the listings wound up being pulled anyway!

I don't know how they are allowed to get away with posting new promo pics and saying the items are in stock when they never are. I seriously wish we could all complain to them. At least the refund stories I heard from others were hassle free.

My flickr (lots of dolls!): http://www.flickr.com/photos/35518851@N07/

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 04:34:30 PM »
I think it has something to do with them using the same in-store SKU's - much the same way Target does for some of their items.

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 05:48:58 PM »
I vowed never to order from them again after a couple of bad orders. I should have learned my lesson from the first time.

Long story short, the web descriptions didn't match what they sent and the descriptions weren't very clear. I also ordered some toys.

The second time I called before placing an order to ensure I would get the right item but it didn't work. The return involved phone calls and emails that were confusing. Not only was I out shipping to me but also shipping back to them since we have no Kmarts nearby.

FYI, Sears owns Kmart and Sears' website can be just as bad!
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 05:50:56 PM »
I think it has something to do with them using the same in-store SKU's - much the same way Target does for some of their items.

They use the same SKUs in stores so they can use less numbers in the system but they should have the common sense to realize that a system that works in stores, where people can look at and pick up the item they want, does not work for online shopping.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Psivampyr

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 06:04:26 PM »
Would it be wise of me to expect not the get what I ordered?

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2012, 06:47:21 PM »
Would it be wise of me to expect not the get what I ordered?

Not exactly but as others have also said, it's buyer beware!
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 11:00:47 AM »

They use the same SKUs in stores so they can use less numbers in the system but they should have the common sense to realize that a system that works in stores, where people can look at and pick up the item they want, does not work for online shopping.

I so agree! I would think that if they are putting things online they should all have unique ID's.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2012, 04:08:43 PM »
We've never ordered from K-Mart's site, but we have ordered from Sears. That's how we got our 40" Sony Bravia. We ordered online and did the site to store option and had no issues. We try to support Sears and K-Mart since my uncle works in a Sears warehouse and has been there for years and lately they've been hinting that they may close if things don't improve, but the K-Mart near us is much more expensive than Target or Wal-Mart and tends to have much older stock. That kind of makes it hard for us to want to spend anything there. And I hate going into Sears. I can never find anything and the store is like a maze inside. I've spent 45 minutes walking in circles before, just trying to find the door I entered from. It's ridiculous.

Offline Psivampyr

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2012, 04:56:25 PM »
Well I got my item today, and surprisingly it was what I ordered! But on the outside of the box was a sticker that says "Bike Black Shorts" I was very scared to open the box, but my husband said it will be what it will be. So I opened it to find my MH doll. The box was in great shape and she was stunning. I also checked tracking last night and it did say it would arrive today- so the tracking part was working too. Maybe they changed their quality control. I ordered it on Saturday, so it didn't take long.

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2012, 05:20:09 PM »
Yay! I'm so glad that you got what you ordered!

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2012, 05:25:57 PM »
Phew, glad you got what you ordered :)
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal