collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Michael Bay and the new live action TMNT  (Read 6986 times)

Xaniss

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Michael Bay and the new live action TMNT
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2012, 04:50:26 AM »
OMG!! I only just found this thread! I originally was looking to see if there were any Transfans on here and was doing a search and found this instead! (The original link was dead BTW...? And I'm too lazy to google it lol!) And I thought (and secretly prayed) that the rumours weren't true...  :mad:

As an adult I grew up on BOTH Transformers and TMNT (along with Voltron, Battle of the Planets, MLP, He-man, She-ra... Astro Boy: lets not go there) and still love them both to this day... And we've all seen the result Bay has done with Transformers... While I thought the first one was a *reasonable* premise (the Allspark, okay I can see that as the 'heart' of Cybertron and I thought IDW did a good prequel to bridge the gap) but the other two films were disturbing - why Bay wasn't sacked after the 2nd movie, I still don't know - he blamed the writer's strike for the poor storyline, but then it was alleged he wrote some of the script anyways!  :blink:

Bay is not a man of substance and it shows in his movies (portrayal of females for just one example) and he also believes in quantity over QUALITY - Revenge is an example of this and just because the man spends some time in Hasbro going over source material, doesn't mean he takes anything of substance away with him...

Spoiler
I mean in his latest 'Dark Moon' the movie states that Sentinel/Megatron wanted to enslave humanity to rebuilt Cybertron (total waste of time anyways since Cybertron is DYING due to the lack of the Allspark being present) BUT in the Transformers 'Vault' book I have (I bought it purely for the Peter Cullen introduction! :lol: ), it says Sentinel wanted the gravitation field of Cybertron in Earth's atmosphere to cause Earth to explode and then the energy generated from the explosion would be collected (somehow) on Cybertron to restore the energy of their world... a much more rational theory I would say, even if I have *no* idea if this would scientifically work... The whole Dark Moon premise is a total rip-off - can anyone say 'Megatrons' Master Plan' and 'The Ultimate Doom' ... anyone..?

Added spoiler as I digress and am very passionate about the TF series... I could go on.. buuut *exhales*

.... but Turtles? Oh now he has hit a new low - and I didn't think he could reach any lower, especially since he's announced he's doing TF4!! AND going in a 'new direction' for it.   :razz:

I have children (2 in fact) and we are currently watching the TMNT re-make cartoon (with 4kids version, where the turtles don't have any pupils) which we all love - it's funny and entertaining to keep both kids and adults engaged... it 'feels' grown-up - sophisticated with a tight storyline (personally when I read the DVD title 'Turtles in Space' I had my doubts about that one, but it worked and not only worked, it was great fun! (Trycerton homeworld in the Gladiator/Prison - LOVE it! Spoons!) Okay the story went a way-ward later on.. 'Lost Episodes'  :blink: and Fast Forward was *barely* tolerable.. the voice actors held me on  :P

But, I personally love this take of TMNT - Mikey is the comic-geek, who loves to joke (even with references to 'Jersey') and have fun (without being the immature type he was in the 07 CGI movie), Raph is the well-meaning hot-head, Donnie the techno-geek (Battle Shell!) and Leo is the fearless leader (or 'teacher's pet' as Raph calls him  :P ) and while April had that whole mid-driff (is that the correct spelling?) thing happening, she wasn't some stuck-up, whining brat (or some pouty-mouthed bimbo who manages to keep her white outfit clean in a warzone :wacko: ) and Casey is a big lug, but he's loveable big lug... and Splinter, nuff said.

It's funny, but when we all started watching this series again I thought to myself 'There's no way you can improve on the Turtles' and Bay will prove me right there! I'm beyond surprised that Bay is going to ballz another franchise into oblivion, I'm just pissed no one in Hollywood doesn't say no to this man... what does he have over everyone that allows him to continue to stuff every beloved childhood franchise???

Move over Echo, I'm joining you in the Angry Dome!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal