collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New tail without taking off head?  (Read 538 times)

Offline Mad-March

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
New tail without taking off head?
« on: March 18, 2012, 02:21:43 PM »
Hey guys, I obtained one of the Celestias from the royal castle friends set which I am going to customize, but I can't seem to get the head plug off. The body is make out of harder plastic than other ponies, and I'm slowly going around the edge with my exacto knife but it doesn't seem to be making much progress. Is there a better way to do this, or do I just need to have patience?

Oookay well I don't think the head plug is coming out unless I completely destroy the neck. So does anyone know how to put a new tail in without taking off the head?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 03:23:59 PM by Mad-March »

Offline MacabreDarling

• Trade Count: (+119)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://macabredarling.deviantart.com/
Re: New tail without taking off head?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 04:34:49 PM »
I do it all the time ;p Usually, in a situation like that, I would cut the current tail off close to the body, push the nubbin inside the pony...Then  I would get a garbage bag twist tie, and about four little bitty elastic hair bands [the lil plastic ones]. make sure your hair amount isn't too big when doubled over that it looks like it can't possibly fit into the hole that is there..If that's the case you either need less hair or to make the hole larger. Get a pair of thin jewelry pliers or something else like that that you can get a hold of the hair with. Double the hair over, and in the center of it, wrap the twist tie around it and twist it tight a few times. Cut off all the excess. Then, hold both sides of the hair together just below the twist tie, and wrap your little plastic bands as many times as they will go so they are snug just beneath the twist tie and so it holds both sides of the hair together...Thennnn I usually pinch the little wad, and push and wiggle it through the hole in the butt lol. That's probably a really ghetto way to do that but yeah...lol, that's all I got XD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Thank you tinrobo!

Lon-san

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 09:47:44 PM »
:(  Oh dear. Yeah, I tried that too. Celestia isn't like your average pony. The neck is solid. There IS a way to get at the tail which involves cutting the square that the wings are part of out. There is a small cavity there. There is a photo thing around somewhere but I can't find it. When I replaced my tail, I thought it was solid all the way through so I cut off the tail, dug out leftovers, took a hand drill to it to widen the hole then super glued the new tail in to the hole.

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 10:49:17 PM »
I've tried to make a custom out of that Celestia too and currently she is defeating me, lol.

This tutorial has been super helpful though:  http://bonecake.deviantart.com/gallery/34947260#/d4mkmxn

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

DustEnvy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 09:07:56 AM »
I have only had to do that with one pony, and I pretty much did what Macabre is describing, but I used a tiny size 4 crochet hook to push it through, and it worked great. :satisfied:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal