collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help with G4 custom!  (Read 519 times)

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Help with G4 custom!
« on: March 18, 2012, 10:32:24 AM »
I just started out trying to make customs of G4. I'm currently making my first two. One is a full repaint and the other is just eye and symbol repaint. They are both rehaired and I thought I should pull the plug back in to them. The Eye repaint went in after a bit of boiling and forcing, but my fully repaint didn't have much luck. First the plug really didn't want to get back into the head. Secondly, the paint cracked on a few places because of the head being squeeshed when I tried to force the plug back in AND all of her sealing pealed off!

I don't really know what to do with her now. I could try blend together her color and paint over the cracks, but I'm still scared that more paint will crack when I'll try to force the plug back again. Any suggestions?

Is there any other , easier way to get the plug back into the heads?

Picture's of the cracks:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Adoptable made by me

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Re: Help with G4 custom!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 10:39:44 AM »
Jam a pencil into the neck hole and let it sit for about 5 minutes. Take the neck plug up with some pliers. I like to stick the pliers in the little hole and grasp the edge. Then yank the pencil out and pop the plug in. Rocking the plug a little when inserting it can help set it in place.

Sometimes the paint cracks sometimes it doesn't. Just rub it smooth and touch it up.

I have better luck with the paint not cracking if I seal it first with a few coats of sealer. I have used mod podge for this.

Miserati

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 10:46:14 AM »
I usually slice the lip of the head hole in 2 places to make the plug go in easier (just on the inner part of course!). When all is over and you get the plug in and glue it back into the body you can't tell the difference and her head will turn just like factory.

I also put the head on the plug before putting the plug back into the body. For this I place the plug on my table upright and gently press the head down over it. Sometimes it needs to be rocked back and forth but I've never had a problem with this method.

KiwiSquirtBottle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 10:53:48 AM »
When I try to put the heads back on of almost all my customs, I cut a piece of the neck hole off. Just on the part you won't be able to see once it's on, but enough to make it a little more manageable. Basically, I cut two notches in the neck plug directly across from each other. You could also just glue the head back on, but then it wouldn't turn. Hmm.

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 11:06:22 AM »
I usually slice the lip of the head hole in 2 places to make the plug go in easier (just on the inner part of course!). When all is over and you get the plug in and glue it back into the body you can't tell the difference and her head will turn just like factory.

I also put the head on the plug before putting the plug back into the body. For this I place the plug on my table upright and gently press the head down over it. Sometimes it needs to be rocked back and forth but I've never had a problem with this method.

Tried slicing inside of the head and it worked so much better!

Adoptable made by me

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal