collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

What do you think of Furbys?

Scary... they're possessed!
16 (30.2%)
Cute... they're so fuzzy and small!
36 (67.9%)
What the heck is a Furby?
1 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Furbys!  (Read 9088 times)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Furbys!
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2012, 04:45:07 PM »
All i can say is every furby i have met is very very afraid of me for some reason .... I have no idea how or why i scare them.

Offline Cate_Dartfinger

• Queen of the Forest
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2012, 05:08:01 PM »
HA! Furbys...

My parents bought one for my sisters and I as a "thanks for behaving on the drive from Michigan to Florida" present. (Yes my parents bribed us for eeeevvveeerrryytthhiinnggg)

We tortured the hell out of that thing. We used to throw him up in the air to make him cry... We jammed him under the back seat of the van when he wouldn't shut up, and all you could hear was, "Noooo, Me Scared!" We were so mean to him to the point that my mom couldn't stand listening to it be sad anymore, so she made us send it up to her and she babied that thing the whole way home so it wouldn't be mad at us when we got back home. Thinking back to that now, I'm wondering if she realized that the reset button would have been an easier route... LOL

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2012, 05:33:30 PM »
When my Furby turned on and said hello years after the batteries were taken out, that thing was BURIED.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2012, 06:22:12 PM »
I used to collect them in my early teens. I actually had some pretty HTF colors (like the pink sparkle baby). I kinda wish I still had them because some of them had some gorgeous colors and there was a large variety. I sold them all off on eBay at one point. I think it was when I got back into pony collecting. I want the money to go towards ponies. Or was it anime? I dunno. I regret it though.

I remember that I really wanted the LE Kid Cuisine one. Only like....500 or so were made.

But to actually PLAY with them? I thought they sounded pretty stupid. The adults actually sounded creepy. A lot of the time mine would lock up and make this really freaky motor crunching sound or a high pitched squeak. I kept one in storage with its battery in and sometimes it would randomly go off. OMG it would freak me out. Sometimes they'd get really hot and I feared a fire happening. It's a shame you had to use a screwdriver to get the batters out because there were times they got really hot and I needed to get the batter out quickly.

But the Furby babies? ADORABLE. I remember when my cousin and I each got one from the store. I was 12 at the time and she was 8. We were best friends and had a blast playing with them. The way the babies interact is really cute and their voices are much less annoying than the adults. It it was actually cute when they sang! Aww....I want some again.

But the adults were displayed primarily for aesthetic reasons and not played with.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 06:23:52 PM by DazzleKitty »
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline StarDapple

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Bah Weep Graaagnah Wheep Ni Ni Bong!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2012, 08:33:03 PM »
I bought one once when I was younger at a garage sale.  I played with it that first day, turned it off and went to bed.  I was awoken later that night by it singing in my closet.  It nearly gave me a heart attack.  Needless to say, I quickly got rid of it.

Offline OctoberFlash

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I like to eat things and brush ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2012, 01:31:40 PM »
When my Furby turned on and said hello years after the batteries were taken out, that thing was BURIED.

I kept one in storage with its battery in and sometimes it would randomly go off. OMG it would freak me out.

I bought one once when I was younger at a garage sale.  I played with it that first day, turned it off and went to bed.  I was awoken later that night by it singing in my closet.  It nearly gave me a heart attack.  Needless to say, I quickly got rid of it.

I can't help but be curious about this. I've heard a lot - a LOT - of people, both here and all over the Internet and real life, say that their Furbys turned on on their own, in the middle of the night, without batteries, etc.

This has never happened to me, and I'm wondering what on Earth would cause a toy to turn on just randomly out of nowhere. I mean, I've had Furbys for three years, and never once has any of them done that with me - am I just lucky? 0_o
Click here for my wishlist!

Every puzzle has an answer :)

Offline StarDapple

• Scribbles Pony
  • Bah Weep Graaagnah Wheep Ni Ni Bong!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2012, 01:42:36 PM »
"I can't help but be curious about this. I've heard a lot - a LOT - of people, both here and all over the Internet and real life, say that their Furbys turned on on their own, in the middle of the night, without batteries, etc. This has never happened to me, and I'm wondering what on Earth would cause a toy to turn on just randomly out of nowhere. I mean, I've had Furbys for three years, and never once has any of them done that with me - am I just lucky? 0_o "-October Flash

I've heard several of my friends who had Furbies had similar experiences. I don't know what causes them to turn on either, but you are definitely lucky to not have experienced it.  There is nothing quite like the horror of having a toy turn itself on.    :yikes: 
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 01:44:11 PM by StarDapple »

Rococo

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2012, 03:27:32 PM »
So many stories on here of "possessed" Furbies that are making me laugh while simultaneously cringing in fear. It just gives me flashbacks to Poltergeist or pretty much any horror movie/horror anthology episode ala "Twilight Zone" involving possessed dolls.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2012, 03:49:23 PM »
HA! Furbys...

My parents bought one for my sisters and I as a "thanks for behaving on the drive from Michigan to Florida" present. (Yes my parents bribed us for eeeevvveeerrryytthhiinnggg)

We tortured the hell out of that thing. We used to throw him up in the air to make him cry... We jammed him under the back seat of the van when he wouldn't shut up, and all you could hear was, "Noooo, Me Scared!" We were so mean to him to the point that my mom couldn't stand listening to it be sad anymore, so she made us send it up to her and she babied that thing the whole way home so it wouldn't be mad at us when we got back home. Thinking back to that now, I'm wondering if she realized that the reset button would have been an easier route... LOL

Oh my goodness I have laughed and laughed reading this. How funny. 

I had one once but honestly I didn't get the point in the things.  They broke so easily too. I don't have either one of mine anymore.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline OctoberFlash

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2012, 05:35:55 PM »
I had one once but honestly I didn't get the point in the things.  They broke so easily too. I don't have either one of mine anymore.

There isn't much point, lol xD they're just cute things that make noise. but they do break real easy, I'm lucky to have not broken any yet.  :huh: a drop from a short height could snap all the gears, so I've got to be super careful with them.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2012, 09:27:01 PM »
Mine had batteries in it when it randomly went off. I just had no idea what set it off. It was still pretty freaky!

But them starting to just talk and sing without batteries? I'd freakin' have a heart attack! I wonder if they have some kind of internal battery? That makes no sense at all! I feel sorry for those of you who had to experience this! I'd throw it out the window and bash it with an axe.

I remember a looooong time ago when they first came out, I read an article about something NASA and Furby related. Like NASA had a secret chip in Furbies that allowed them to spy on people? Far-fetched but it makes these battery-less toys turning on by themselves even more creepy.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2012, 11:27:50 PM »
I waited months for a furby that I ordered from FAO Schwartz when you couldn't find the things anywhere. Once I got it, it was quite adorable, but I wasn't impressed with the electronics and learning that it was supposed to do.... I eventually sold mine.

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2012, 09:03:34 AM »
I had one, when i was around the age of 11. No idea were it's hiding now... They were so populair during the late 90ies!

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2012, 10:30:56 PM »
I remember those! I had a purple Furby baby with yellow hair. And someone in my house had an adult furby...I think it was gray with black spots maybe? I was always disappointed that it didn't learn words like it was supposed to. I bought it when they were all the rage, but I think I got tired of it pretty quick, although it was fun for a little bit. I, too, have fond memories of locking it in the closet when it wouldn't shut up....seems to be a common Furby memory :P I think mine is still around, too. I didn't want to keep it, but I didn't want to get rid of it either, so I put it on a doll shelf in my mom's room...I think it's still there, along with the gray one. Go figure-- I get rid of my MLP but then deeply regret it later and spend hundreds of dollars building a new collection...but keep my Furby, which I don't really care much about :drunk:

I can't help but be curious about this. I've heard a lot - a LOT - of people, both here and all over the Internet and real life, say that their Furbys turned on on their own, in the middle of the night, without batteries, etc.

You know, this thread was making me think of putting batteries back in my furby and playing with it for a bit for nostalgia's sake...but yeah I changed my mind, I don't want to encourage it to become possessed!

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

Offline OctoberFlash

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2012, 10:14:14 AM »
You know, this thread was making me think of putting batteries back in my furby and playing with it for a bit for nostalgia's sake...but yeah I changed my mind, I don't want to encourage it to become possessed!

You should give it a try! I think your Furby probably still likes you <3 If it's been sitting there for years and not a peep out of it, I don't think it's "possessed"! But that might be just me xD

I got all of mine out today and had a four-way Furby conversation (didn't have enough batteries for 6 Furbys... that's 24 batteries! :whoa: )! It was so much fun, it reminded me how much I love them x3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal