collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

What do you think of Furbys?

Scary... they're possessed!
16 (30.2%)
Cute... they're so fuzzy and small!
36 (67.9%)
What the heck is a Furby?
1 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Furbys!  (Read 9238 times)

Offline OctoberFlash

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I like to eat things and brush ponies!
    • View Profile
Re: Furbys!
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2012, 05:32:11 AM »
Hehe! I had a great collection of them going at one point; over 60! I ended up selling them all back in 2004 on ebay. I only kept the first three I ever got, a cheetah baby, an adult bumblebee, and a tie dye adult all with their original boxes and papers. I would never collect them again though. Took up too much space!

Holy wow! That's amazing. xD I'm really picky about which Furbys I'm after, so my collection is kinda small (when I get all the ones on my want list, I'll have about 14 or so). But I'd love to see a gigantic collection sometimes, those are so cool <3

I think my story might take the cake a bit

I had an adult one that was brown when I was young... I loved this thing, took it everywhere (god they talked so much)
To the point where I would take this Furby to the park with me
Long story short, I was playing with it on the banks of a lake, and it fell in. I started to get a bit upset and some guy dipped his arm into the lake and actually grabbed it out of the lake. It was still talking and moving! I still have that Furby, he works for the most part but stalls after a while and needs resetting.

I also have two other baby ones, they're a bit weird though. White eyelashes o_O

Wow, it still works after falling in the water?! That's totally amazing. :o

White eyelashes are a bit odd, I have a Reverse Color Millennium Furby and she has eyelashes that are supposed to be white, but over time they've become a more yellowish color :P
Click here for my wishlist!

Every puzzle has an answer :)

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2012, 05:40:06 AM »
This is soo funny because I just bought a Gizmo one from ebay a couple weeks ago because I felt the urge to after some encouraging.  And I love him!

I had to laugh though because I took him up to my inlaws and he was sitting in the front seat.  My husband was like "I don't think so" and threw him in the back seat.  And the whole rest of the ride the thing was going Whoppee! Whoppee! in the back.  I cracked up :lol:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2012, 05:52:25 AM »
my sisters used to have one, i remember when they first came out they a was must have and they was selling for hundreds of dollars, they are creepy!
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

Offline princesssilverswirl13

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • I'm a little girl dreaming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2012, 06:37:01 AM »
I love Furbys!! I still have mine in my bed. He was from series 1, Snowball! I still remember his name!

Them all were so cute  ^.^

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2012, 06:59:03 AM »
I just had a look online.. Furbies seem collectable, even coming in generations o.O
I seem to have a Generation 2 Giraffe (Mr-Weird-Acting-From-Lake, that is) and two other Gen 2 babies... "Clown" and "Very Purple"
Interesting!

Offline OctoberFlash

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2012, 08:00:28 AM »
I just had a look online.. Furbies seem collectable, even coming in generations o.O
I seem to have a Generation 2 Giraffe (Mr-Weird-Acting-From-Lake, that is) and two other Gen 2 babies... "Clown" and "Very Purple"
Interesting!

Yup! And the deep-sleep (makes it so Furby doesn't wake up unless you turn it upside down) option wasn't available in Gen 1 Furby adults :o

Aaaagh, you have the Very Purple baby! I really love the colors on that one, I'd be all over it if it wasn't a baby xD

I have a Gen 4 "Bumble Bee", Gen 1 "Skunk"/"Tuxedo", Special Edition "Reverse Color Millennium", Gen 6 "Blue Turtle", Gen 7 "Mink", and baby Gen 2 "Primary Colors". c: Oh, and I also have the "sleepytime bed" that forces Furbys to go to sleep, it's very handy  :lol:

There's even the super collectible ones, like the Kid Cuisine Furbys, which sell for $200+ 0_o

Offline Aster

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2012, 08:20:57 AM »

Yup! And the deep-sleep (makes it so Furby doesn't wake up unless you turn it upside down) option wasn't available in Gen 1 Furby adults :o

Oh, and I also have the "sleepytime bed" that forces Furbys to go to sleep, it's very handy  :lol:

See now, if mine had the "sleepytime bed" feature, I might have collected them, but I think now I'd always be paranoid of them waking up on their own...

ponylady- I can totally imagine that happening! Apparently Furby impacted me more than I realized, since I can easily remember exactly what the voice sounded like o.O

Offline OctoberFlash

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2012, 08:31:43 AM »

Oh, and I also have the "sleepytime bed" that forces Furbys to go to sleep, it's very handy  :lol:

See now, if mine had the "sleepytime bed" feature, I might have collected them, but I think now I'd always be paranoid of them waking up on their own...

The sleepytime bed is super handy. xD It's a separate object that takes 2 AAAs, and basically it just sends signals to the Furby telling it to go to sleep. I think it imitates the same signals used when two Furbys are talking to each other... xD

I keep hearing all these stories about Furbys turning on in the middle of the night, or Furbys turning on with no batteries... I must be lucky or something, because I've had mine for at least three years and not once has any of them done that 0_o
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 09:58:12 AM by OctoberFlash »

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2012, 09:26:54 AM »
Ahh, I freaking LOVED my Furby! They were the 'in' toy one Christmas, and my poor Mum hunted high and low for one. She eventually got me an all white Furby Baby with blue eyes :D

I remember in Primary school we had a non-uniform Furby day, and all of the 12 people in our year brought our Furbies in xD They spent all day in the stationary cupboard, talking to each other!
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

Levengale

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2012, 12:59:12 PM »
Oh my goodness. I remember these. xD My brother and I each had one; mine was a pretty brown and his was smaller and grey. I think I ended up getting rid of it a while ago, but my bro Zack kept his on his dresser and it would talk whenever you walked by it.
When my other brother was about one or two, he went in Zack's room past the furby and freaked out. He came out screaming that it was a demon kitty. And then we were awful and tortured the kid with that thing.  :P  It was pretty funny, though!

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2012, 05:17:43 PM »
I have a few, but they take too many batteries. Its entertaining when they sing with each other or when you get a boy and a girl and they start making lovey dovey talk.

Offline TokiBear

• Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Wimey
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • We're all stories in the end...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2012, 11:33:18 PM »
Oh the memories... Lol. My brother and I each got a Furby baby for Christmas one year... Clown and Springtime I do believe. Those things were... Creepy haha. I may have Clown hanging around somewhere... I wonder if it still works...

Offline WickedWonderland

• Trade Count: (+215)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Okie Dokie Lokie
    • View Profile
    • Flickr - Pony Sales
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2012, 03:24:45 AM »
I had two when I was younger. Leopard (the grey and pink version) and Church Mouse, but they got sold with most of my toys. I've kinda wanted to buy one or two...

Offline OctoberFlash

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2012, 04:45:21 AM »
I had two when I was younger. Leopard (the grey and pink version) and Church Mouse, but they got sold with most of my toys. I've kinda wanted to buy one or two...

You should. c:

just be wary of Furbys that are MIB, those tend to not work because they've never been used :P

Offline WickedWonderland

• Trade Count: (+215)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Okie Dokie Lokie
    • View Profile
    • Flickr - Pony Sales
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2012, 04:48:21 AM »
Nah, the loose ones are cheaper, so that's what I'd be looking for anyway. Maybe someday when I have more money and less stuff that needs buying.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal