collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rehairing a doll?  (Read 454 times)

Offline Squirrelypaws

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Rehairing a doll?
« on: March 16, 2012, 05:31:18 PM »
Is rehairing a doll (specifically a Barbie or Ken-type doll) the same concept as rehairing a pony? Can I use the same supplies for a doll that I would use for a pony? Does anybody have any advice on what I should and shouldn't do?

My biggest concern is getting the doll's head off without breaking their neck. I've de-headed Barbies before with no real issues, but I've never tried a Ken before and one of the custom ideas I've got in my head would be a Ken.

**Formerly known as GryffindorHermione**
~*{Squirrely's Stuff For Sale}*~
Ponies ;; Dolls ;; Other Toys

Offline MacabreDarling

• Trade Count: (+119)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://macabredarling.deviantart.com/
Re: Rehairing a doll?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 08:15:23 PM »
It IS the same principle, essentially. Personally, I feel needle and thread method [or in my case needle and dental floss] is a little safer with dolls because the plastic is SO soft, and the holes so close together in some areas, that with ar ehairing tool you might risk ripping plugs, especially if you aren't familiar with doll heads enough to know the amount of pressure to apply. And honestly? I'm not sure about ken, but any doll I've deheaded, I've gotten a firm grasp on it with one hand, and another on it's body, and with slow even and unrelenting pressure I've pulled them apart [keep your hands even and straight so both the head and doll are still in allignment while you are doing this and you aren't accidentally angling it to one side or the other which may cause a bend or break] But I do this VERY slowly, because if you are going to have an issue you can usually feel it coming. But I don't usually have problems :D But yeah, it's pretty much as time consuming as doing a pony, except in some cases more so! hehe.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Thank you tinrobo!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal