collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Wasteland 2 (Game that is been developed in the spririt of old school RPG games)  (Read 556 times)

Offline Cide85

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Hi guys. Just wanted to post about this in here too, in case there are any fans of the old RPG games in here (like fallout 1-2 or baldurs gate 1-2) or if you know any that would be interested to hear from this kind of a project.

At the moment indie company inXile, and Brian Fargo the person who made interactive years ago (who then was part of making great RPG games in the 90's) is gathering money from fans to produce a sequal to the original 1988 game called Wasteland. Wasteland sequal would have been made years ago already if they could have, and the reason why fallout 1-2 even exist now is that they were not able to make this sequal back then.
They are gathering this money in KickStarter here:
www.mlparena.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2

So if you are interested or anyone you know of was interested in the old good role playing games, go look at the side and spread the word. They already have enough money to at least make the game, but all the extra funds are used to make the world even more complex etc, and after all you still would already be paying for the game too, when it finally would come out in the future.

Just wanted to post this here, if there happens to be any people here that are interested in games, as my personal too passions are ponies and the old good games, so thought I would post this here. =)

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Hubby is playing Fallout now and seems quite addicted. I'll give him the heads up.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
Not really into these kind of games, but wow... When The Register published an article about it yesterday evening, it already garnered about US$950,000. Now as it stands, it's bank is well above US$1,121,000, and well above the target of US$1 million.

And there's still 32 days to go! I see no problem in them hitting their US$1.5 million mark.

Must've been a pretty good game to warrant a highly-desired sequel!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 09:19:38 PM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline Cide85

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
RAMCyld yeah, I did not doupt for a second that they would reatch the needed amount of money to make this game. I personally have not even plyed the original Wasteland as I simply have been too young, but this is kind of a sequal that is partly made for every gamer that really love the role playing games in the 1990-2000. As there simply has not been games like them anymore, as every big gaming company wants to make producst that they can sell to as many people as possibly, and great story where you can influence in many different ways and have lot's of dialoque options just simply does not belong to this billion dollar selling franchice idea. And those who have waited these kind of games to made seem to be a lot more than just me. Now days graphics comes first, not story or multiply options or gaming mechanics.... As long as the graphics are good they will sell for casual players, and for hard corse players too because there really have not been any other options. At least now I can spend money on what I would wish to spend it on games, not those whitch I don't care about nearly as mutch. =)

I personally have waited for the old school game too for about ten years, so when there now finally is a possibility to help that kind of a game to be made I am all for it. Screw those big publishers, who do not want to give the hard core fans what they want.  :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal