collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bitten by the Liv bug! (Liv Related)  (Read 1929 times)

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Bitten by the Liv bug! (Liv Related)
« on: March 15, 2012, 03:38:21 AM »
Earlier in the beginning of my Pony collecting career (before I got into Monster High and Moxie Girlz) when I was first browsing through the Dollhouse, trying to get into collecting dolls other than ponies. I came across the Liv Dolls and my first impression was that their faces looked kinda weird, thought that for sure I wouldn't be interested in them. But for some strange reason, after doll/pony searching in stores so many times and standing in front of empty shelves, I occasionally glimpse at the Liv dolls and after looking at them so many times I guess I've gotten used to their faces. XD

And eventualy, (a few days ago) I went online to see what they had to offer and oh my goodness I've fallen in love with their fashion! as well as how poseable they say they are and everything else. *Watched the two and a half minute Amazon demonstration video* And I've got to say that I'm actually liking the "After School" line and I really like the "It's My Nature" outfit that comes with the Hayden doll.

So yeah, yesterday I came home with a It's My Nature Sophie.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The cool part is, she was on clearance from $19.99 to $15.97. So I thought: "I guess I'm fine with parting with $15.97 + tax" and when I got to checkout, the total cost for her turned out to be $9.58 so clearance with in a clearance? great! lol anyway.

So for those that are into Liv dolls or know a lot about them:
-When was the "After School" line released? is there still a chance to find them in-store?
-Any notes or precautions I should know about these dolls?
-What clothes/shoes fit them?
-If you have pictures, can you post them? I wanna see!!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 06:40:48 PM by LuvlyMelody »
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: Oh geeze, what's happened to me? (Liv Related)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 07:17:54 PM »
TBH I dont know much about Liv dolls either, but I did pick up a Hayden doll wearing swimwear  for £3.00 last week cos she looked cute :heart:  Also I liked her green eyes and thought that she would make a good Disney Rapunzel for my tangled collection. Clothes for the Disney store princess dolls fit Liv dolls. Prolly Barbie outfits do as well ;)
Here are a few pics - I dressed her as Rapunzel, gave her hair extensions and styled her hair with flowers :)

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Oh geeze, what's happened to me? (Liv Related)
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 02:14:50 AM »
Wow, she's gorgeous! I love the movie Tangled and Hayden makes the perfect model, she's practically movie accurate.

Today I was able to find the blue and blonde wig, now I need to find an outfit to match with it.

Mainly looking for this outfit.

But their fashion packs seem nowhere to be found. visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I also love your collection so far of Rapunzel dolls, Ringlets. XP lol
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Bitten by the Liv bug! (Liv Related)
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 04:29:04 AM »
Thanks  :lovey:    ^.^   I love that outfit! it will look perfect with the blue/blonde wig :bigups:   I havent seen any outfits or wigs for sale around here *sigh*  I'll check TRU next time I go though :awake: 
BTW I caved and bought another Hayden doll yesterday :yikes:  ...well... her make up was slightly different :lookround:  :accomplished:

:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 07:33:42 AM »
The After School line is a couple years old, so I'm not sure you'd find it in stores still. Of course, Liv stuff sometimes sits on shelves, so you never know.

As far as other clothes, I know from personal experience that Barbie and Fashionista clothes fit them. And I know picklepud has photographed them wearing DG outfits. Bratz clothes are a bit too tight.

That's a cute wig/outfit combo! Good luck on your hunt for the outfit :)

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 01:18:55 AM »
Thanks for the info on the After School line. Kinda sucks how the liv line is starting to go downhill.

I read that the so far new 2012 doll qualities has gone down by so much. From so much articulations all around such as the arms, hands, wrist, knees, waist, legs and feet. Now these new ones have Moxie Girlz/Bratz arms with no waist articulations and Monster High-like quality legs.

I haven't done an extreme hunt yet, but the stores I been to so far have not had any fashion packs. On Amazon, they range about $20+ and I have not seen any on eBay, well, I found that blue outfit I wanted on eBay, but its going for aprox $40?! Wtf!

Hopefully do I find it, such a great outfit and it goes with the wig!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 01:21:21 AM by LuvlyMelody »
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 02:25:37 AM »
Thanks to your link, LuvlyMelody, I am now very Liv addicted (obviously not to those exact sad unjointed creatures, but to the amazing super epic jointed ones). Tomorrow I will be hunting for my first Liv. XP

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 07:23:38 AM »
The cheapest fully poseable Livs were around $15 and Liv wanted to offer a line that was cheaper than $10 so something had to go. The good news is the Sleepover line of 2012 Livs are still fully jointed and even have sleep eyes even if they are around $20.

Also in the older Livs the Twist and Dance ones have non bending dance gimmick legs and are only good for their heads and clothes.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2012, 04:19:35 PM »
If the quality is dropped to have less expensive dolls, I guess that makes sense. The BBE sleepover, they get arm posability back (as well as a kung fu pillow chop lol) but they still have the MH-like jointed legs instead of the usual double jointed knees. So I guess you lose the 2nd joint on the leg and get BBE.  *shrugs* The Twist and Dance dolls do have nice faces but geeze, the dance gimmick is so horrible. lol

@Taxel I don't know if its up to date yet or anything, but this site is a list with most of what came out. http://shoplivdolls.com/ Good luck on your hunt!
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 05:54:26 PM »
oh noes! I am not at all keen on the  bodies of the new dolls  :(    I will stick to the older ones I think (and maybe pick up a new one or 2 for their clothes and wigs when they go on sale :P   )

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, 06:08:02 PM »
Ooh, I love Liv Dolls! I have 5 or so. To answer a few of your questions..

-Any notes or precautions I should know about these dolls? Not that I know of...
-What clothes/shoes fit them? Barbie clothes fit great, so anything that fits Barbies fit them too.

Also, if you ever collect pullips (or if you do) Liv bodies work great for them too.

I think the new body is just for BBE dolls (I got one, and I hate the body, but I like everything else) just so they could have the arm moving thing so she could "throw" the pillow. Atleast I hope so! If they make the bodies permanently like that, I will never buy a new Liv Doll again. x_x
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2012, 06:41:44 PM »
My guess is that the pillow throwing gimmick is just for that line, like the twist and dance dolls had their "dancing" gimmick. Hopefully they'll make the bodies like they used to when they first came out
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2012, 10:50:42 PM »
I think the reason they changed the knees was for aesthetics. I actually think the new knees look nicer but the original knees were just fine.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline bagheera86

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2012, 10:58:15 PM »
the thing about their faces is... That they have a rather stunned eyes but a blank expression, why don't they smile or frown? their pupils are a little too small for my liking... though I do always have a look every time i pass on by lol!

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2012, 01:03:33 AM »
the thing about their faces is... That they have a rather stunned eyes but a blank expression, why don't they smile or frown? their pupils are a little too small for my liking... though I do always have a look every time i pass on by lol!
That was basically my same thought of their faces. XD Very opened eyes, with expressionless faces. It weirded me out but now their not as weird looking as I first seen them. lol XP
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 01:05:26 AM by LuvlyMelody »
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal