collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Friendship milestones  (Read 2062 times)

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Friendship milestones
« on: March 12, 2012, 09:28:49 AM »
So last night, as I was tossing and turning and trying to sleep, I ended up doing a little bit of mental math.

Seventh grade was ten years ago. I met my best friend in seventh grade.

We've officially been friends for ten years now.

That realization brought me so much badly needed happiness to the end of an otherwise horrible day. That's when the tears came, the good tears, where I got out of bed at 1 in the morning and sent her a message telling her how much a love her and how happy I am that if it were to be anyone these past ten years, I'm so glad that it's her.

Maybe I'm just a corny sentimentalist, but this just makes me so happy. Does anyone else think about or recognize milestones like this? Significant others don't count because you're supposed to celebrate anniversaries.

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
Re: Friendship milestones
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 09:35:04 AM »
Awww.  :)

I should really do this with friends who have actually stuck around my crazy butt for that long!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 10:00:31 AM »
It makes me very sad that I'm hardly in touch with most of my old best friends, but I'm still pretty close with my bestie Emmy who I've known since Elementary school. We're 20 now (well, she almost is :P neener neener I'm older forever!!) and we've been through LOTS of ups an downs in our friendship but we always end up stuck like glue together, even when we live states apart! It's the magical sticking power of inside jokes I think. Heehee.

I wish I could throw her a big ol' sleepover party for two again since it's been almost a year since I've seen her.
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 10:12:01 AM »
That was really sweet you sent her a message.  I am sure she adored it!

I think we forget sometimes to tell the people who mean the most to us that we love and care about them!

And yes I do it.  My bestie and I celebrated 33 years in the fall.  We met when we were wee little things and lived next door to each other most all our lives.  I don't know what I would do without her.  We have literally been through thick and thin. Love, breakups, divorce(hers), death, marriage, babies you name it!!!
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline hlbmlp

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 10:55:08 AM »
dood!!! I'ts been 10 years since me and my bestie were besties.... we were friends in kindergarten, but didnt really meet up again till 6th grade! WOOW I feel old! ^_^
My Etsy . My Blog

If i owe you feedback pm me, my brain is not always here.

thanks kiwisquirtbottle for helping with codes!!! <3

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 01:26:08 PM »
Wow! That's an awesome friendship!

You are blessed!

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 02:08:32 PM »
Hubby and I have been together 10.5 years - it can be so hard to realize at times. On one hand it seems to have flown by, but on the other, it seems like such a long time. :)
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 02:46:43 PM »
I have a friend that I've been friends with since I was 6. So we've been friends...... *counts*.....26 years.....Wow.....just.....wow.....I didn't realize it had been so long!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline LadyStarCatcher

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 02:52:50 PM »
I met my best friend in 5th grade. We're going on 20 years. We have a friendversery. So I totally understand. It's great to have something like that.

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 02:53:10 PM »
Aww, I know the feeling.  Its funny how time seems to fly right by <3

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline windsong

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 06:36:02 PM »
That's too sweet! LadySatine and I have been BFF's since Kindergarten, which was almost 22 years ago now. I ended up having a realization like you last year... I was thinking about how long she and I have known each other when it hit me that we've been friends for more than twenty years. It freaked me out and I sent her a text along the lines of, "DUDE, I just realized we've known each other for TWO DECADES." :P Good times.

~ My Etsy Shop ~ Arena Sales ~ Wants ~ My Book Blog ~ TY Badjuju86 4 avatar  :heart:

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2012, 07:12:52 PM »
dood!!! I'ts been 10 years since me and my bestie were besties.... we were friends in kindergarten, but didnt really meet up again till 6th grade! WOOW I feel old! ^_^

That's kind of what happened with us!

We were in the same second grade class, but never really talked. She came to my school in 7th grade and didn't know anyone but recognized me. So she worked up the courage to come over to my table at lunch.

"Um... hi."
"...Hi."
"I'm [insert name here]."
"Nice to meet you, [insert name here], I'm Rachel."
"..."
"..."
"Um yeah."

We still laugh about the awkwardness today. She tapped me on the shoulder in the last class we had together that day, reminded me who she was, and thus it all began.

I like reading all of your best friend accounts. It puts a big smile on my face that people can stick together for so long and always remain friends.

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2012, 12:27:07 AM »
I don't consider them best friends anymore, they were in highschool but we kind of grew apart. But we still keep in touch and one of them I stil party with from time to time and she's always invited when things happens. The first one I met when I was 13, the other one were in the same class as me since preschool (and where I lived same class litterarly meant all my classes were in the same room with the same pupils. It was the teachers who moved around. So I was surrounded by the same exact 15 people from preschool til 9th grade, with another 15 from another school coming in from 7th grade and up). So one has been a friend for over 20 years now and the other going on for 15. Quite some time :) I have a third friend I met at university and she's been a friend for 8 years soon.

This thinking and calculating makes me feel so old! lol

SparklersOasis

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2012, 08:27:15 PM »
My best childhood friend and I met in kindergarten,  we were in the same class through 4th grade, then we were put in separate classes.  We still joke we were too much trouble together!  We've kept in touch through college and beyond. 

Another really good friend and I met in undergrad.  We were placed together randomly as roommates my sophomore year, her junior year.  We figured out we were going to be friends when she came to move in and we had to decide who would put up what posters because we brought the same ones to decorate!  We got into a whole lot of trouble together from skipping through Meijer at like 2 am singing the 'Pirate's life for me' song while looking for the PotC soundtrack to getting kicked out of a university fountain (it was way too hot and we didn't have air conditioning)!

Aaaahhh memories  :silly:

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2012, 08:14:33 AM »
Aw, that's sweet!  :biggrin:

I'm currently making customs for each of my friends, using their favorite colors and pony type, as a way of saying thanks for being my friend for all these years.  I was thinking that, with most of us going to different colleges, we might never see each other again, so I thought it would be a nice college-bound, good-luck-with-your-life gift for them too.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal