collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bratzillaz  (Read 73494 times)

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Bratzillaz
« Reply #180 on: July 29, 2012, 05:07:47 PM »
Ran out to Kmart just now.  Saw the fashion packs:)  I liked Meg's.  They only had 3.  Must have sold the other 2.  One that was missing was Jade's but there was a picture on the back of the cards showing everyone in their fashions, and Jade's is TOO CUTE.  No wonder it was missing:) 

I suppose I could just show you guys.  Duh!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Okiedokieloki

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #181 on: July 29, 2012, 07:36:20 PM »
Has anyone else bought dolls that were missing an earring? I bought Meygana, Jade, and Yasmina yesterday, Meygana and Yasmina were both missing an earring. I didn't think to look for something like that when I was picking them out  >_<

I looked everywhere around where I opened them and in the ripped up boxes and couldn't find them, so I don't think they were there in the first place. I did find that the posts on the earrings are annoyingly short, and they can fall out pretty easily, so it wouldn't be too farfetched that they fell out somewhere before packaging

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 29, 2012, 08:11:30 PM »
I forgot which ones but some of them actually only have one earring on purpose.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 29, 2012, 10:40:16 PM »
I don't care for these at all, but if the all-pink dress of the doll on the very left ever hits germany as a fashion pack, I'LL SO BUY IT! :heart: (these fit MH, yes?)

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 30, 2012, 12:21:20 PM »
That's the one I like too:)  I don't know for sure about the clothes fitting or not.  I think they do?
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 30, 2012, 12:51:17 PM »
Ah, so that's Jade. ^^
Yes, I can see why it was sold out, haha. It would look very pretty on Lala or my Ghost-CAM. :3

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 30, 2012, 01:25:40 PM »
I don't care for these at all, but if the all-pink dress of the doll on the very left ever hits germany as a fashion pack, I'LL SO BUY IT! :heart: (these fit MH, yes?)

Sort of. The Bratzillaz are much bigger than MH. You would have to do a lot of pinning at the back to make it work. If my hands are functioning after my cocktails, I'll try to take some pics :P

Has anyone else bought dolls that were missing an earring? I bought Meygana, Jade, and Yasmina yesterday, Meygana and Yasmina were both missing an earring. I didn't think to look for something like that when I was picking them out  >_<

I looked everywhere around where I opened them and in the ripped up boxes and couldn't find them, so I don't think they were there in the first place. I did find that the posts on the earrings are annoyingly short, and they can fall out pretty easily, so it wouldn't be too farfetched that they fell out somewhere before packaging

The only doll that seems to have only one earring is Yasmina. Both her ears are pierced, but all of the ones I've seen (my own, pics online and the others at my TRU) only have one. All of the others have two. When I was looking at them in store, Cloetta (the one with heterochromia and two-toned lips), seemed to be most prone to having one earring in and one stuck in her hair or clothes.

Tyler

« Reply #187 on: July 31, 2012, 04:34:48 AM »
I like how they have sparkly doe eyes instead of the bedroom eyes the old bratz had.
I also kinda agree with this post on tumblr about how monster high is better.

TuxAndTails

« Reply #188 on: July 31, 2012, 10:25:35 AM »
I'm disappointed with some of the quality reports I've heard, but I do like the character designs and articulation. If I ever saw them for $10 or $15 each, I'd probably grab Yasmina and Meygana. Maybe Jade and Cloetta, but I need to see them in person; not sure how I feel about Jade's heart pupils and Cloetta's multi-colored lips xD And I'm not a fan of Sashabelle in general, she's cute but the eyes creep me out a bit.

@Tyler: I was agreeing with that Tumblr post, and then I got to the 'Bratzillaz characters resemble MH characters' thing. You have to be really pulling at straws to claim a pale, purple-haired doll is a copy of Cleo. And I don't even know how they could think Cloetta is more a copy of Frankie then Lala o.O
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 10:32:42 AM by TuxAndTails »

Offline aero_oceana

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/aero_oceana
« Reply #189 on: July 31, 2012, 10:27:32 AM »
I think I mentioned this earlier in the thread - but I have a Jade I don't want if anyone is looking for her. She is out of her box but has everything she came with plus her backcard. I'd take $15 for her. :)

Thanks to Sorrow for my gorgeous sig and also for my beautiful avatar!
Formerly known as Aerosmith_Gal.

Offline Saiko

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 31, 2012, 09:54:00 PM »
I like how they have sparkly doe eyes instead of the bedroom eyes the old bratz had.
I also kinda agree with this post on tumblr about how monster high is better.
Oh my, that link is a little risqué.
:heart:

Offline karrie91

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 31, 2012, 10:27:13 PM »
While I think the Monster High dolls inspired the Bratzillaz line, I don't think they are some direct ripoff. Monster highs are all about Monsters of various kinds and being related to famous Monsters. The Bratzillaz are the witch cousins of the Bratz dolls. With the Novi Stars coming out too, I think that companies just caught on that some kids just aren't into normal things and 'weird' is popular. I like having a variety.

I also think the quality ratings are over exaggerated. The only real thing that isn't the greatest is the hair. Out of the box it is gelled and hard to brush. But once you wash it it's all right. Most kids take their dolls on all kinds of adventures so a trip in the bathtub and pool will wash the gel out. Also I find that their more durable than my Monsters and as they are less posable, I find that it's less annoying to dress them. The rubber hands and lower legs feel more durable to me. I'm always worried I'm going to break my dolls that have plastic everything. >.<

I guess if people would stop comparing them to MH dolls they'd find they like them more.

My favorite thing about them is their faces. They are very sweet and innocent looking. The eyes are really neat too. :)

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #192 on: July 31, 2012, 10:48:34 PM »
That Tumblr post claiming Bratzillaz is a rip off of MH is absolutely hilarious and insane. The so-called character thefts don't even make sense.

“cloetta spelleta” obviously draws a lot of inspiration from frankie and her asymmetry, from having heterochromia to her two toned outfit, but taking it over the top by making every single detail asymmetrical. and the colors of her clothes and the body chain harness thing she has on remind me of spectra.
Two toned outfits, heterochromia, and asymmetry were invented by MH. Yeah totally. And MH can copyright chains apparently.

“meygana” reminds me of robecca; she flies, she has goggles, she has a flying pet with goggles. i mean look at her, their outfits are a lot alike even with the color scheme of dark blue and bronze-y brown.
These dolls have been in the works for a LONG time. Doll lines aren't just made overnight. They take planning, designing, testing, etc. Not to mention she's a freaking WITCH!!! Witches FLY on broomsticks!!! Also MH does not own the copyright to "can fly". Ever heard of superheroes? Robecca is such a thief! (I didn't even know she could fly, I thought the point was that she's a robot?)

“yasmina” has an eye of horus on her arm and wears a ton of gold and a thigh pocket (gee that reminds me of cleo) and that doesn’t make sense, seeing as how she’s supposed to have the power to see the future, why would she have a symbol of protection, royal power, and good health (and also a symbol of sacrifice, and restoration)? yeah they should have researched that.
Whether or not the Eye of Horus is used incorrectly (I don't know), ancient Egyptian things are not copyright to MH either. Over the years there have been MANY ancient Egyptian inspired dolls, stories, games, etc. My boyfriend's Egyptian city simulator game is not a ripoff of MH, and the gold colored Egyptian sarcophagus I made for a school project eight years ago is not a ripoff of MH.

“jade j’adore” reminds me of draculaura with her hearts and lace and fishnet stuff and whatnot.
MH has also copyrighted pink, hearts, and fishnets. They're gonna sue me for owning fishnets and a pink dress. Except that Jade is red, white, and black. She looks like a nurse, not like Draculaura.

and our token brown girl “sashabella paws” is some kind of an animal thing that wears animal prints and fur trimmed things, as usual.
"As usual", meaning you think more lines than MH made the "token brown girl" into an animal who likes animal print? Good job proving your "ITS A TOTAL MH RIPOFF OMG" wrong in your own post.

they all have the school crest on them, which is equivalent to monster high having the “skullete” somewhere on their clothes.
Its called a UNIFORM!!! Ever seen Harry Potter? Speaking of, the school logo is a ripoff of HP and NOT a ripoff of MH. Stop being conceited.

Bratzillaz may not be the most amazing dolls ever to everyone, but the same applies to Monster High. I am SO sick of all the MH elitism. Its fine to love MH, its fine to prefer MH, its fine to only like MH and no other dolls, and its fine to express your opinion. Its not fine to be a jerk to other collectors/lines because "they're not MH"/"they ripped off MH"/etc.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 10:51:38 PM by Taxel »

Offline karrie91

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 31, 2012, 11:06:56 PM »
Thank you Taxel! I'm about as sick of that as you! Monster High doesn't own ANY of it's themes. I love Monster High but I'm so sick of everyone freaking out because there "obviously" can't be any lines similar to it out there.

*sigh*

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #194 on: July 31, 2012, 11:14:50 PM »
I don't even like Bratzillaz that much (I'd happily pick up Meygana if she was on sale, but that's it), and I'm sick of it too. >.< I'm just tired of seeing every doll line compared to MH, and not just once but *constantly*.

MH is popular. Obviously other toy companies want a piece of that success, and they're experimenting with unusual lines. The cats Bratz, Bratzillaz, Novi Stars, and possibly more I don't know about/in the works.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal