collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bratzillaz  (Read 73525 times)

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Bratzillaz
« Reply #165 on: July 22, 2012, 03:57:45 PM »
I've been putting off getting these girls, because they seem a bit pricey for all the QC issues I've heard about. Plus, I still have MH girls to get. But my TRU has been experiencing a drought and I had a coupon, so I snagged Meygana, Yasmina and Sashabelle. They were out of stock on Jade (sad face!) and I couldn't find a Chloetta that I liked.

So far I've only deboxed Meygana. While there are definite flaws, such as the rubbery bodies and the wretched hair (seriously, after brushing lovely MH hair, this was like running my fingers through a slurry of straw and gravel), I'm liking them so far. I can't say as I'm going to invest in them at the level I do with MH, but definitely a fun addition to my doll shelves. Hopefully the pets will start showing up soon; I'll probably end up with all of them, but Kissifuss is a need.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 22, 2012, 05:15:10 PM »
Considering they have hair issues, but really cute eyes, I am surprised nobody has wigged or rerooted them yet.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 22, 2012, 07:53:13 PM »
I'd love to see pics of one of them after going through a hair spa? I'm thinking about washing and conditioning Meygana but not sure yet. So if anyone has done this, I'd love to see the results!

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #168 on: July 22, 2012, 08:10:08 PM »
This review has a haircut at the bottom, and that haircut is what convinced me to pick up Meygana if she goes on clearance.

Dibbles

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #169 on: July 22, 2012, 08:44:38 PM »
That haircut is great!

Rococo

« Reply #170 on: July 22, 2012, 08:50:27 PM »
This review has a haircut at the bottom, and that haircut is what convinced me to pick up Meygana if she goes on clearance.

Yeah, she cut Meygana's hair so beautifully (also, sidebar, some of the blogger's reviews are hilarious; the Disney articulation/Cinderella one... lmao)! Sadly, I'm less skilled with a pair of scissors than she claims to be so I doubt I could ever make her look even half as good. If I found a Meygana that was free of defects (all the ones I saw had some sort of facial paint error...) I would get her and maybe get my mum to cut her hair for me when she comes over lol.

Offline karrie91

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 22, 2012, 09:39:45 PM »
Wow, I really like the hair cut on her. Make her face much, much nicer!

EDIT:

Okay, after seeing that, I decided to do some altering of her myself. I was REALLY nervous because I've never dreamed of cutting a dolls hair. I wanted to keep it long, not short, so I just ended up cutting out all the knots after a good conditioning and combing.. so... *holds breathe* here she is!

Spoiler

and before:

Spoiler

So... how did I do? Her hair is MUCH softer now. I can run my fingers through it freely and brush it and comb it pretty easily. There's still a bit of a frizz but I like the out of control crazy look because she IS a witch after all! Her top layer of hair is a bit short, I'm afraid, due to me being no expert.. but I guess it's not too bad??? Anyway.. my heart is still racing lol. But I really feel like I made her 'mine' now. Do any other girls from the set have this bad of hair??? I really REALLY don't want to have to do that again! lol
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 11:32:43 PM by karrie91 »

Rococo

« Reply #172 on: July 23, 2012, 12:11:29 AM »
I have Jade and while her hair just feels awful, it's the shortest hair of all the dolls and probably the easiest to manage. It doesn't tangle but it feels almost like wire in spots. Honestly, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's one of the least appealing dolly hair I've ever felt.

Rococo

« Reply #173 on: July 28, 2012, 08:21:13 PM »
I went to Target today and saw the fashion packs (the dressy looking pastel sets) and although they were cute, they were $12.99 each... A bit too rich for the blood of a poor gal such as myself. They also had the individual pets for $6.99 each which also was a bit out of my pay range. The pets were a pretty big size though, not teeny like the Monster High ones.

Offline karrie91

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 28, 2012, 08:31:19 PM »
The pets are only 6.99? That's not bad. I might buy one! I hope they have them here soon at my Walmart. I do agree that the fashion packs are pricey though. I was rather looking forward to getting a new outfit for Meygana but I'll have to put it off. >.<

Rococo

« Reply #175 on: July 28, 2012, 08:45:20 PM »
I'm just wondering how much TRU is going to charge when they get the stock in since they tend to price their stuff a few dollars above Target. At least where I live.

Offline karrie91

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 28, 2012, 08:47:44 PM »
Those are target prices? Because I get mine at Walmart. My target doesn't have a good toy selection. So maybe the fashion packs at Walmart will be more like 10.99 or 9.99?

Toys R Us is EXPENSIVE. I don't go there because it's a drive for one.. and I got a MH doll at Walmart for 19.99 that TRU sells for 24.99. It's ridiculous.

I hate going to Walmart because of the dirtiness and crowd feeling of the store.. but they have the BEST toy selection.

Okiedokieloki

« Reply #177 on: July 28, 2012, 08:51:50 PM »
I saw the pets today at Target and passed on them because they didn't look like they were worth $6.99 to me...they're big, but don't look that well made. I really only wanted Meygana's winged pony, but it's legs were hollow and that really turned me off from buying it

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #178 on: July 28, 2012, 08:56:23 PM »
Those are target prices? Because I get mine at Walmart. My target doesn't have a good toy selection. So maybe the fashion packs at Walmart will be more like 10.99 or 9.99?

Toys R Us is EXPENSIVE. I don't go there because it's a drive for one.. and I got a MH doll at Walmart for 19.99 that TRU sells for 24.99. It's ridiculous.

I hate going to Walmart because of the dirtiness and crowd feeling of the store.. but they have the BEST toy selection.

Really? Because my Wal-Mart has TERRIBLE toy selection, nothing is EVER restocked! Congrats on having good luck there, but my Wal-mart hasn't restocked MH since the beginning of July, when I got Spectra and (non-1600) Cupid.

xXCosmicBurstXx

« Reply #179 on: July 29, 2012, 03:22:53 PM »
Wow, I really like the hair cut on her. Make her face much, much nicer!

EDIT:

Okay, after seeing that, I decided to do some altering of her myself. I was REALLY nervous because I've never dreamed of cutting a dolls hair. I wanted to keep it long, not short, so I just ended up cutting out all the knots after a good conditioning and combing.. so... *holds breathe* here she is!

Spoiler

and before:

Spoiler

So... how did I do? Her hair is MUCH softer now. I can run my fingers through it freely and brush it and comb it pretty easily. There's still a bit of a frizz but I like the out of control crazy look because she IS a witch after all! Her top layer of hair is a bit short, I'm afraid, due to me being no expert.. but I guess it's not too bad??? Anyway.. my heart is still racing lol. But I really feel like I made her 'mine' now. Do any other girls from the set have this bad of hair??? I really REALLY don't want to have to do that again! lol

I love what you did with her hair. She looks so much better now. <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal