collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bratzillaz  (Read 72230 times)

Offline MercuryStar

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Merow?
    • View Profile
Re: Bratzillaz
« Reply #660 on: June 30, 2013, 11:10:20 AM »
Trying not to set my hopes up too high on the outfits of those new dolls... MGA is notorious for showing off well made outfits with awesome accessories, only for the actual product to be vastly different.   I especially don't want to get my hopes up on the girl with cameo jewelry... they have done that before, and the doll that came out was sans cameos.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

We kill the lights and put on a show/It's all a lie/But you'd never know
The star will shine/And then it will fall/And you will forget it all

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #661 on: July 01, 2013, 12:27:24 PM »
I'm kind of concerned for the future of this line.
According to [a fan page] on Facebook:
"Toys R Us (US stores) has canceled selling this line at their stores, Target is "carefully considering" (?????) selling Witchy Princesses at their stores, Wal-Mart we have no idea what they're planning and K-Mart is pretty much useless at this point"

Also, the in-box photos has surfaced [I don't know the authenticity of these photos], and the actual dolls don't look like their art/prototypes.

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: July 01, 2013, 12:35:48 PM »
Yikes. I like but don't collect Bratzillaz (if I had enough money, I would, but sadly their quality vs retail price has made me put them at the bottom of my wishlist) but I was seriously thinking about these three crazy birdcage girls. Not now. Sigh, same old MGA "let's cheap out on the final doll!" thing...  >_< So close, and yet so far on the wrong side of my Hot Mess line...

I'm kind of concerned for the future of this line.
According to [a fan page] on Facebook:
"Toys R Us (US stores) has canceled selling this line at their stores, Target is "carefully considering" (?????) selling Witchy Princesses at their stores, Wal-Mart we have no idea what they're planning and K-Mart is pretty much useless at this point"

Sounds ominous  :( If true, that really sucks.
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

angelfish

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #663 on: July 01, 2013, 12:49:50 PM »
Zombelina, if you get a Bratzilla get either the newer Midnight Beach releases or get one of the Magic Night Out line.  All have saran and the MB girls are all on sale for 10.49 at Target as they're getting ready for their big reset.  I would suggest for you, Magic Night Out Jade with her pink saran hair and her heart inset eyes!  She's beautiful, her dress is nicely made and her whole outfit, stockings and all has finished hems.  She is so, so pretty and would make a great friend for your Rochelle...;)

I am bummed but not surprised.  I might get the pink haired gal if it's saran off of ebay.  I can always redress her.  If that hair is nylon than that will be a deal-breaker.  My TRUs haven't had any of new Zilla lines, just the first wave.  No Midnight Beach, MNO, nothing.  Even my Walmarts didn't have the SAW sets or at least none that I ever saw.  Only Target.  I love the Zillas so this gives me the sads!

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: July 01, 2013, 01:46:34 PM »
Thanks, angelfish! :hug: I will have to look more closely at the Magic Night Out girls, especially Jade, next time I'm out dolly-hunting  ^.^ The original nylon-haired girls were $24.99 here and I just Could Not Do It at that price, when that buys me a MH doll instead XD My Walmart/TRU doesn't seem to be putting any of them on sale here yet, but hopefully they will. And Target is set to open in my city this month, so I'm going to keep my eyes peeled...
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: July 01, 2013, 01:55:59 PM »
If they are nylon maybe it will be the good nylon like the ponies have.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: July 01, 2013, 01:58:00 PM »
The final results are so disappointing. I would have gotten them for sure if they were just like the promo. Oh well. More money towards other stuff.
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: July 01, 2013, 02:09:30 PM »
Their faces and eyes are at least nice (and I do like their outfits even if they aren't as nice as the promos they are still quite pretty IMHO). There are always wigs to cope with bad doll hair on otherwise pretty dolls. When I got wave one Jade the first thing I did was replace her white hair with a pretty red Liv wig. It looks so striking with her red eyes.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Rococo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #668 on: July 01, 2013, 07:12:31 PM »
Damn, Sierrna's outfit got butchered from prototype to production. >_>

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: July 01, 2013, 08:08:16 PM »
I just thought TRU was taking their sweet time to do a proper reset in the Bratz/Bratzillaz section.......

I haven't really shopped any other stores lately, so I can't say what my other stores are or aren't selling, but TRU has really dropped the ball on the Bratzillaz.  AND Novi Stars for that matter.  All they've ever had are were the first 4 Novis.  Hmmm :wonder:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: July 01, 2013, 09:47:54 PM »
Awww... this is bad.  my niece's favorite doll right now is Bratzillaz and she is hoping for one for Christmas.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #671 on: July 02, 2013, 01:32:22 PM »
what happened to the dark hair on the first two and dark eyeshadow on the last? I'll wait to see them in person. I like aspects of them...

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: July 02, 2013, 06:22:43 PM »
what happened to the dark hair on the first two and dark eyeshadow on the last? I'll wait to see them in person. I like aspects of them...

Hmmm :wonder:  I'll have to look into rehairing these girls.

I'm super disappointed in the pink girl.  I didn't know she wearing socks (I thought those details were painted on the doll :() until I saw that mess of a doll in the box :lol:

Why show prototypes of a doll, if you aren't going to release a doll that looks anything like it?  So sad right now :cry:  I REALLY liked those prototypes!
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: July 11, 2013, 09:31:46 AM »
The final results are so disappointing. I would have gotten them for sure if they were just like the promo. Oh well. More money towards other stuff.

Bolded for truth ;)
I'm sad for all Bratzillaz fans out there but insanely happy for myself. The Witchy Prinsesses (what an unfortunate name... oh dear) looked so great in their promo pics and I was already scared of adding yet another doll line to my growing want list

I'm also not surprised about the rumored decay of this franchise.
Some people have mentioned the Witchy Princesses might have nylon hair again and the cheapness of the clothes is obvious.

I've always made fun of the Bratzillaz here and there, but I was certainly hoping for a steady increase in quality after they started using saran hair and changed up their new characters not to resemble the MH cast too much (they actually changed their Indian girl from a Skelita knock-off to an original design, kudos!!).
And now this. What is this?
How come some of their characters have such neat designs (like the new Indian chick) but this line looks like utter *beep*?

Heck, they even put the prototypes on the boxes as if to say "haha, see this doll? This is what you could have gotten" ;)
So now we have three different looking characters: box art, prototype on box, doll. Lol really?

Maybe MGA should really slowly let Bratzillaz die and concentrate more on Novi Stars. The new Novis have amazing designs and the entire brand seems to get stronger and stronger, unlike Bratzillaz which will probably never be able to come out of MH's shadow now that EAH exists to boost Mattel's jointed doll sales even more.
Sooner or later they will just release jointed Novis and be done with Bratzillaz. Wanna bet?

The original nylon-haired girls were $24.99 here and I just Could Not Do It at that price, when that buys me a MH doll instead XD

To add insult to injury, last time I cheked the original nylon hair messes were priced at the exact same price as the Super Sweet 1600 dolls. I saw that in store in fall 2012 and was laughing manically on the inside.
I was wondering who the heck priced them like that. Just because of the inset eyes, really?
I can make my own eyes and put them into a MH head for this price :/

I'm sure had they've been cheaper, this line would have taken off better here.
But we didn't even get most of the other lines so far. The originals are still warming the shelves. Proof to me that Bratzillaz isn't doing that well over here and the problem is the high costs.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 09:33:52 AM by Zapper »

Offline EienMau

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: July 11, 2013, 08:22:12 PM »
I love this line, but I've never seen anything other than the original dolls, the crappy glow-in-the-dark dolls, the cheap-o line, and the Jade with pink hair.  =\  I've never found Fiana [sp?] or the vamp girl, and I'd love to buy them both! 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal