collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Mohair through Dollyhair?  (Read 1026 times)

SuniMoon

• Trade Count: (0)
Mohair through Dollyhair?
« on: March 10, 2012, 02:49:30 PM »
Is anyone else having issues?
I usually order the nylon that she has in stock, and I'm happy with that, but I was a bit skeptical ordering the mohair, since it wasn't coming directly from her...

Aaand I feel like I was right, because it's been weeks and nothing.  :shocked:

Or is that normal? I needed it for a commission, and now I'm starting to get nervous.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: Mohair through Dollyhair?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 03:04:02 PM »
I had a mohair order completely disappear once. It never did show up.

Tina is good about making things right though. If you send her an email she should be able to help you.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

KiwiSquirtBottle

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 04:19:25 PM »
Sunni, if you can't get something resolved through Tina in a timely fashion, feel free to let me know. I actually have half a pound of undyed Kid Mohair locks sitting in my living room that I should be able to dye for you and have mailed out as soon as it's dry. Like BlackCurtains said though, Tina seems good about making it right. ^.^

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 07:39:02 PM »
I normally order only the MLP hair.. But weeks for delivery seems normal to me. I rarely ever get an order in under a week. Two is average for me. Hopefully it will show up for you any day now. If not, I'm sure that they will work with you :)

SuniMoon

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 10:36:23 AM »
Hmm, yeah... I ordered it some time around the 19th of last month....
I emailed Tina a week ago today, and still haven't heard back. I dunno if it would be pushy to email her again, or no. I know that she's busy, I just don't know if my email actually made it to her inbox or not... *sigh*

I don't really think I'll ever order mohair on there again. It's not that I don't trust her, she's great, I just think it's too risky. Any orders placed that she has in stock herself are like a dream, I couldn't ask for any better service.
But the mohair thing just hasn't gone well, and I've heard of others having issues with it too.

@Kiwi - Thank you for the offer, I might be PMing you about that pretty soon. :)

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 10:47:48 AM »
I tried once and after several weeks of no email and no package I file through paypal to get my $ back (first time I had to do that with her)

I'm scared of ordering it again b/c it still seems to be having issues, and she doesn't take paypal like she used to
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline Whoa1234

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 10:49:06 AM »
Hmm, yeah... I ordered it some time around the 19th of last month....
I emailed Tina a week ago today, and still haven't heard back. I dunno if it would be pushy to email her again, or no. I know that she's busy, I just don't know if my email actually made it to her inbox or not... *sigh*

I don't really think I'll ever order mohair on there again. It's not that I don't trust her, she's great, I just think it's too risky. Any orders placed that she has in stock herself are like a dream, I couldn't ask for any better service.
But the mohair thing just hasn't gone well, and I've heard of others having issues with it too.

@Kiwi - Thank you for the offer, I might be PMing you about that pretty soon. :)

The same thing happened to me the first time I used Dolly Hair.
I emailed Tina and didn't hear anything, then decided to send her another email.
She replied to that one saying the first never got to her.
It's your money, never hurts to ask twice. :3

Offline Izrabeth

• Mrs Johnny Depp
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 12:14:52 PM »
As said, a friend here told me that she had such an issue with Mohair and never got back money and never saw the package...also never got a reply from Tina.
I would pm until death Tina, I think I will never order Mohair..sorry it happened to you too!

mana-maiden

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 01:41:21 PM »
As said, a friend here told me that she had such an issue with Mohair and never got back money and never saw the package...also never got a reply from Tina.
I would pm until death Tina, I think I will never order Mohair..sorry it happened to you too!

*raises hand* probably me.

I ordered a order of envy mlp hair and cocoa brown mohair September of 2011; received the mlp hair right away, never did receive the mohair.

I emailed Tina beginning of November (1 week before my PayPal dispute time frame expired, which it has), never heard back. I sent her another email last week asking for at least a refund, and I'll see how that goes.

Kiwisquirtbottle- I might PM you about some mohair. I don't really need it anymore, but I'm still out the $6.00 I put in to it... if you'd like, I can make you a custom mlp for your efforts. :) The image in my signature is a hyperlink to some of my for sale customs for examples. Heck, you can have one of my for sale customs for free, if you like.

Offline Izrabeth

• Mrs Johnny Depp
  • Arena Supporter
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 01:44:38 PM »
*raises hand* probably me.
Yeah XD left to you the whole story anyway hehehehe

mana-maiden

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2012, 02:18:18 PM »
Just checked, and I received a reply! She said she's shipping right away, and apologized profusely and said she didn't recall a conversation before about the order (referring to the email I sent in November).

It's possible that my email didn't get to her, or she replied and it didn't get back to me.

Either way, since PayPal isn't withholding her funds anymore and she's shrugged them off, I'm hoping that there can be better communication between her and her mohair dealer.

Replied to her email requesting a tracking #, and I got a automated response:

Hello! I am due to give birth to my baby any day now, and, as such, may not be able to reply to your email as quickly as I'd like to. I will reply as soon as I possibly can. Thank you for your understanding. -Tina at Dollyhair.com

Heh, so it was sounding good but no tracking # for now... so we'll see if the order arrives.

Between her pregnancy and PayPal, I think things unintentionally got jumbled quite a bit, so hopefully things calm down a bit after the baby's born.

I'd really hate to not be able to trust ordering authentic Hasbro pony hair anymore.

But if this order arrives, I may start ordering the regular pony hair again. (Haven't since September...)

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2012, 02:31:38 PM »
there are many many many many many other places to buy mohair. I'd suggest trying etsy - TONS of great sellers.

mana-maiden

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2012, 11:09:30 AM »
If that's the case, then dollyhair needs to take the mohair off their site completely so people stop ordering it, imo.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal