collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Extra-terrestrial Swap! Finished, present evidence!  (Read 3966 times)

Offline secretsheik

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
Extra-terrestrial Swap! Finished, present evidence!
« on: March 08, 2012, 10:47:45 PM »
Extra-terrestrial swap time! Do you love the idea of intelligent life on other planets? Do you love stars, comets, or maybe wanting satellites? In honor of extra-terrestrial culture day (which was Feb. 24th but you know how swaps are) I'd love to introduce the extra-terrestrial pony swap. What's allowed? Anything in space. What's not allowed? Stuff on Earth. Satellites or space ships in outer space are alright. Aliens are encouraged! Buildings on other planets are also just fine, or maybe you want to make an otherworldly forest? Be creative with your definition of the great unknown. Space! Space! Let's go to space! visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Please be advised: In the event of any emergency where I'm not available due to weird work hours or my short leave for a convention, contact Kanthaka if you have any problems. She will also be consulted as to partner assignments and other details so she will be aware of who is partnered with whom.

Dates to remember:
Sign-ups: Now (March 9th) through March 26th. That's quite long enough. :P
Partners assigned by March 27th
1st check-in: April 27th
2nd check-in (WITH PICS): May 11th
Shipping Deadline: May 27th (you MUST send in a photo AND get approval BEFORE shipping out!)

Rules:
1. You must have at least 3 positive feedbacks and no negatives. Neutral feedback will be looked at but not necessarily count towards/against your score. Ebay or other website sale feedbacks are acceptable as well, but you must have at least one MLP Arena feedback in your three.
2. You must have been an arena member for at least 6 months before sign ups are over. You also must be willing to be present for and complete this swap. No-shows and drop-outs can and will receive according trade feedback.
3. You must have pictures of at least 3 of your most recent customs to show the quality of your work. I gotta know what to do with you! Partners will be paired based on skill and experience and the more pics you send me, the more I have an idea of what you can do.
4. Ship on time! If you think you'll be late for ANY reason, you MUST tell me as soon as you know!
5. No shipping early unless both partners are ready to ship and I have authorized both.
6. Be prepared with progress pics at progress date.
7. Send me pictures of your completed custom before you ship.
8. Let me know right away when you ship your pony and when you receive one.
9. Do not let anyone know who your partner is. It is secret. Sharing this info could get you dropped from the swap. If I enlist the help of a co-host, the co-host will know the identities of swap participants as well.
10. This swap includes all generations of ponies (G1, G2, G3, G3.5, and G4), if there are any of these you do not like, include that in your form. Use of fakies is only allowed if your partner asks for one.
12. You must be in no more than 2 other swaps (total of 3). I don't know how many swaps you are in, so be honest with me.
13. The title of your PM should be
area 51 , so I know you read the rules.
14. PM the sign up form to me (secretsheik) by the sign up deadline.
15. You must check in for the final check in 1 week before shipping. If you do not check in, you will
not be receiving a pony. Family emergencies or other real life issues can and do happen, so I'm forgiving, just KEEP ME INFORMED and everyone will benefit!
16. KEEP YOUR SHIPPING RECEIPTS! You need to be able to produce proof of shipping when asked. You need to hold onto your receipt until your partner confirms that they have received their pony. I also highly recommend delivery confirmation for those not shipping internationally. Please also tell me if you do not wish to ship international!
17. Please be advised that I will be gone and have limited computer access March 29th - April 2nd as I am going to a convention. During this time, I'll still be checking in, but I won't be able to resolve any serious issues until I return. I also have ten hour shifts at work, so don't be surprised if it takes me a longer than 8 hours to respond to you. If you need anything urgently, please contact Kanthaka as she has agreed to be an emergency contact.
18. Don't share who your partner is if you figure it out, ship your things logically, and check in when you're supposed to check in. This is a 2 month long swap and there's no reason to miss these comfortably long check-in and shipping dates.

Form of stuff!:
Arena Name:
Real name and shipping address:
Email address (for contacting you off forum if we need to):
Link to feedback:
Links to pictures of at least 3 of your most recent customs (more than one image if each is welcome)  (also, make sure you are sending pictures embracing all the skills you intend to use in the process of this swap. I need to know all that you are capable of. If it means you want to send me 100 pictures, then do whatever you must!):
Which do you prefer, sculpting or painting? Both?

Will you ship internationally?
Which generation(s) would you like to receive?
Which generation(s) do you prefer to customize?
Is there any generation you do not want to receive?
Is there anything you do not want on your custom?
Is there anything you favor on your custom?
What are your favorite colors?

List what you like about outer space. Are you thinking planets, stars, aliens, space ships?:
Do you have any allergies?  Do you smoke, have pets, or any other things we should be aware of in case your partner has allergies? What other swaps are you in?

Participants:
1. Tribble79
2. heftysmurf76
jeapos88
4. AllyKat

[Approved by Kanthaka, 3/10]
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 05:33:12 PM by secretsheik »

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
Re: Extra-terrestrial Swap! Sign-ups starting!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 01:11:06 AM »
This sounds like fun! I'll see if I can do this swap ^^
It would be totally awesome with a pony of this guy
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

sorry, I just HAD to, me and David always watch "Ancient Aliens" and as soon as I hear "extra-terrestrial" I think of this guy.

Jokes aside, this sounds like a fun swap, and I hope I'll be able to join ^^

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Ellis1342

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Doodle or do not doodle! There is no artist block!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 05:59:32 AM »
While this sounds like a total blast, I think I am in too many swaps at the moment :( If I get any ponies done or caught up I may still try.

Offline secretsheik

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 09:31:44 AM »
That's alright. If you feel you are in too many swaps or might fall too far behind, then don't do it! Once I get the hang of hosting swaps a bit better (another reason why this swap is going for so long lol) I might be hosting more. And considering the "stuff on my pony" ponies I've made, you know there will be some weird ideas coming along!

Ancient Aliens sounds like a good show, though I haven't gotten around to it. I always enjoyed the "Life after people" series, but then I'm morbid like that. It really is fascinating though.

SugarSkullBunny

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 07:39:06 PM »
This sounds like a lot of fun!! I took Astronomy as one of my science classes in college, and am still a little obsessed with spacey-things.

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 08:15:35 PM »
me me me.... Pming now... :biggrin:

Offline secretsheik

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 11:33:55 PM »
I'll put you down! Come on people, you know you want alien ponies! :D

jeapos88

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 03:40:37 PM »
i'm in! pm'd you

Offline secretsheik

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 10:01:03 PM »
You're in and it looks good, we need more people! :D Let's see some crazy aliens spawn from this!

Offline AllyKat

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
    • AllyKat Designs
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2012, 10:45:56 PM »
miss tuneful:

I'm going to have to check my calendar when I get up tomorrow (since I should be sleeping right now) but this definitely looks cool!

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2012, 04:54:17 AM »
BUMP

C'mon everypony! We need more aliens!

Offline secretsheik

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2012, 10:03:36 AM »
Come on people, seriously, there's only a few more days to sign up!

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Extra-terrestrial Swap! Only a few days left to sign up!
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2012, 12:20:43 AM »
Wow, I was under the impression that a lot more people were into scifi and aliens and stuff.... Cmon people... You know aliens, star trek, star wars, those cute little aliens in toy story, Avatar's Pandora Aliens, and etc are awesome... We need lots of alien ponies... Aliens are awesome...

Offline secretsheik

• View Profile
Re: Extra-terrestrial Swap! Only a few days left to sign up!
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2012, 11:56:09 PM »
Yeah really! Come on! I'm being pretty loose with the definition of alien ponies! You know you want some!

Offline secretsheik

• View Profile
Re: Extra-terrestrial Swap! Sign-up extended!
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2012, 08:14:47 PM »
Sign-ups closed, I guess this won't be a very secret swap. :P Ah well. I'll get back to you all tomorrow with partners and such.

Edit: Ok people, I'm off on my trip! O_O Hope the drive isn't insane.

Edit 2: I'm back! Hope you all got started!  :cool:
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 09:49:24 PM by secretsheik »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal