collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Fashion style Ditzy Doo/ :muffin: Pony  (Read 140529 times)

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Fashion style Ditzy Doo/ :muffin: Pony
« Reply #885 on: May 30, 2012, 07:37:13 PM »
Hm...not quite sure what to think about this.  I have been an active member of the pony community for over 15 years.  Now i don't collect every generation, and honestly I don't get the whole FiM thing one bit.  It really honestly confuses me.  I don't collect G4's even a tiny bit, and haven't watched the show more than twice.

Mind you, I'm very thankful for the FiM community as they have sparked a fire under Hasbro and are propelling them to extend ponies even further (not that the "early" collectors, for lack of a better term, weren't sufficient - but the FiM fandom has helped keep ponies popular).  With that being said, I have no clue who :muffin: Pony is.  Honestly!  And I'm not quite sure the controversy around her(if someone could fill me in that'd be awesome!).  But I'm sort of split.

On one hand, I think it's fabulous that she's going to be Comic Con exclusive.  And for that reason I will probably get her.  (I normally collect the exclusives.). I think it's fitting that the FiM fandom is honored with her as they've really helped launch the G4 line.

One the other hand...I don't know who she is.  :what:  And so for her to be the Fair exclusive seems out of place for me.  Even if she was only the Fair exclusive and not both, I still don't think it's quite as fitting.  Now I understand that Hasbro had promised a continuation of G3's for the fair and I personally would have preferred that.  But I would be flexible and understand if they did a different gen such as the G4, being that the G3's are almost done (I say almost because of the pony project).  I wish they would have done a different pony altogether for the fair, and in my personal preference, not a pony from the show as I don't even know the characters.  I think it's a bit of a slap in the face to the longtime collectors who have proceeded the FiM fandom.  Why do we lose out on our collecting preferences simply because the FiM wave of collectors have come along?

Would you have been as upset with a :muffin: Pony release for the fair if she wasn't also for the Con?

Please note - I am not trying to be disrespectful to the FiM fandom community in any way and if it's come off as that, I'm sorry.  I'm just frustrated with Hasbro for overlooking certain problems of :muffin: Pony's duel release.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: May 30, 2012, 07:38:49 PM »
I am SO out of the loop and I don't wanna go back and read through several pages of this thread. Would someone be king of enough to answer my question.... Is :muffin: Pony actually announced to be showing up in stores?

Nope, but she's just been officially announced as the Comic-Con AND MLP Fair exclusive pony.
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: May 30, 2012, 07:44:47 PM »
Thanks for answering my question! :)

Well, I hope they do decide to release her in stores someday.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #888 on: May 30, 2012, 07:49:22 PM »
Whaaaaaat.

The Fair and the SDCC pony are the SAME?   Oh yeah, that is not cool.  For shame.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: May 30, 2012, 08:21:00 PM »
Hasbro will definitely hear about this from many collectors at the Fair. I can't believe they will make it available as the Fair pony as well. That's just lazy... 
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline MsTwilight

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: May 30, 2012, 08:24:46 PM »
I don't even know what to say.  :shocked: It's just totally not cool to have this pony at the Fair also.

Hasbro has always catered to the male collector. GI Joe, Transformers, and Star Wars have all had collector's editions way before any of their female oriented lines. The few special editions that we did get did not come easy either! I feel that Hasbro is catering to their new male MLP collectors and forgetting all about their long time female collectors. It's like suffrage pony style! Where's our vote? lol

Side note on the brony bro thing: It's totally not cool to call a female a "bro". To me it would be like calling a gal handsome. *shakes head*

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: May 30, 2012, 08:25:01 PM »
Hm...not quite sure what to think about this.  I have been an active member of the pony community for over 15 years.  Now i don't collect every generation, and honestly I don't get the whole FiM thing one bit.  It really honestly confuses me.  I don't collect G4's even a tiny bit, and haven't watched the show more than twice.

Mind you, I'm very thankful for the FiM community as they have sparked a fire under Hasbro and are propelling them to extend ponies even further (not that the "early" collectors, for lack of a better term, weren't sufficient - but the FiM fandom has helped keep ponies popular).  With that being said, I have no clue who :muffin: Pony is.  Honestly!  And I'm not quite sure the controversy around her(if someone could fill me in that'd be awesome!).  But I'm sort of split.

On one hand, I think it's fabulous that she's going to be Comic Con exclusive.  And for that reason I will probably get her.  (I normally collect the exclusives.). I think it's fitting that the FiM fandom is honored with her as they've really helped launch the G4 line.

One the other hand...I don't know who she is.  :what:  And so for her to be the Fair exclusive seems out of place for me.  Even if she was only the Fair exclusive and not both, I still don't think it's quite as fitting.  Now I understand that Hasbro had promised a continuation of G3's for the fair and I personally would have preferred that.  But I would be flexible and understand if they did a different gen such as the G4, being that the G3's are almost done (I say almost because of the pony project).  I wish they would have done a different pony altogether for the fair, and in my personal preference, not a pony from the show as I don't even know the characters.  I think it's a bit of a slap in the face to the longtime collectors who have proceeded the FiM fandom.  Why do we lose out on our collecting preferences simply because the FiM wave of collectors have come along?

Would you have been as upset with a :muffin: Pony release for the fair if she wasn't also for the Con?

Please note - I am not trying to be disrespectful to the FiM fandom community in any way and if it's come off as that, I'm sorry.  I'm just frustrated with Hasbro for overlooking certain problems of :muffin: Pony's duel release.

:muffin: Pony is a very popular background character with wall-eyes, who has only had one speaking role, and people got upset because of the use of the name ':muffin: Pony' in the show, along with an odd choice for her voice. I'm sure if you go to Wiki or something you'll find gobs of info about it. Suffice to say that she's extremely well loved by old and new members of the MLP fanbase. If you don't know who she is or even collect G4, then she probably would be of no interest to you, honestly...but she is DEFINITELY of interest to most G4 fans.

Personally I agree with a lot of other people - it'd probably be the most fair if she were the Con pony and a G3 were the Fair pony. Then again, I also think it's good that there will be more of her to go around, because SO many people want her really badly. I'm torn!

I'm very interested to see what's going to happen when fair-goers talk to Hasbro reps about this.
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline Opalescence

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: May 30, 2012, 08:34:36 PM »
:muffin: Pony is meme pony who started out as an animation error/joke (the eyes) who got so popular with the lolrandom bunch that the studio in chase of internet fame decided to keep her that way. Since then a great amount of fanon depicting her with all sorts of mental damage and muffin obsessions has surfaced.

The controversy stems from her (superfluous) appearance in season 2 where she had horrible voice acting, was called by her fanon name and was widely interpreted as making fun of mentally handicapped people.

I wonder if Hasbro can conjure another storm by catering to the (mostly) obnoxious crowd the same way the studio did.

slight edit for language. bfb
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 08:45:13 PM by butterflybuttons »

Dojo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #893 on: May 30, 2012, 08:47:41 PM »

This is the best explanation of who :muffin: Pony is:

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/:muffin: Pony

I could go and on about why I love the show. :x

Shes probably available at both places due to demand. Theres no doubt theres going to be tons people, wanting to get their hand on her.

Offline Ren-Ren

• Trade Count: (+237)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://renren-1.livejournal.com/
« Reply #894 on: May 30, 2012, 08:51:17 PM »
Does the 2[Muffin]12 on her box mean anything in particular?

Update: Oh wait... it's 2012, isn't it?  >_<;

« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 08:56:24 PM by Ren-Ren »
Thanks to Calico Star for my siggy! <3 (deleted cause photobucket)
*** My Sales Page*** My Little Pink Pony Loves MMA***

Pinecone

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #895 on: May 30, 2012, 08:53:45 PM »
At one point in the show, some muffins were made and some ponies stared at them, shouting "Muffins!" Bubblecup was among that crowd. Bronies decided she was obsessed with muffins for some reason after that.

Offline Opalescence

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: May 30, 2012, 08:54:42 PM »
The muffin obsession is the one other thing summarizing her character.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #897 on: May 30, 2012, 08:55:05 PM »
If more people want her, Hasbro could just make more of her for SDCC.   (Selling "extras" on their website if necessary.)   Honestly, it's a slap in the face for the MLP Fair, which has faithfully promoted and remembered MLP for years, and which deserves recognition in its own right, not just "Here, have some leftover SDCC ponies for your exclusive, or something!"

You can bet the 2012 Botcon (the Transformers fan convention) and the 2012 Transformers SDCC exclusive will not be one and the same, but ONCE AGAIN My Little Pony fans get pushed aside.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline MintamenaPie

• Trade Count: (+102)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sailorangei.livejournal.com/
« Reply #898 on: May 30, 2012, 09:01:42 PM »
Can't we wait til Summer confirms this before sending in the Diamond Dogs?

Art by SpottedSlug and MustBeJewel.

Previously known as Steves_Minty.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: May 30, 2012, 09:11:28 PM »
You know technically, she is the fair pony and it's SDCC who get the leftovers since the fair is first  :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal