collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Fashion style Ditzy Doo/ :muffin: Pony  (Read 140555 times)

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
Re: Fashion style Ditzy Doo/ :muffin: Pony
« Reply #360 on: March 19, 2012, 06:41:08 PM »
I suppose so, but at the same time I can't help but feel mixed about it. I thought this would be the best option because of the number of offers I got in my inbox before I even had them yet exceeded the number of ponies I was going to obtain in the first place. The auction hasn't even gotten to the price of the bids I previously had, but it still feels .. Bad.
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Megans_Cousin

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 19, 2012, 06:41:39 PM »
Chi, please don't feel bad about this. You stated your reasons in the sales thread and I think it's perfectly reasonable. You shouldn't even have to keep justifying it. There would be no way to spread 3 ponies over, say, 100 people fairly and the fact that you are trying to keep them in the community is good as well. You put the money and the out time to get near-impossible to find items and you should be able to do with them as you see fit. It wasn't like you put them on an auction site for a fixed price, you are letting people here decide what they are willing to spend and I for one, am grateful to even have the opportunity to do just that.

My flickr (lots of dolls!): http://www.flickr.com/photos/35518851@N07/

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #362 on: March 19, 2012, 06:49:48 PM »
My original plan was to sell them at $20 each. After talking to arena members who have done this before and hearing how they were taken advantage of, I realized that may not be the best option. Also after finding out I had to pay $40 in shipping fees alone, my idea of $20 each was also thrown out the window. If I had done first come first served, I'd also be leaving out a lot of people. I was only able to order 4 of the 13 that were in stock the entire time, making it more difficult for me to find out the best way to sell them.
I realize this may not be the best option in the sense of being able to sell them cheaply, but the profits I make from this will not be used for leisure purposes or to buy more ponies. I ran into several issues with my insurance company and found out they do not cover almost anything while I am living in the state that they do not primarily insure. I also learned that my insurance only covers $17 of a medicine that is $117, so I really need the money just to be able to break even on medical costs. I'm sorry if what I am doing seems unfair, but at least I am trying to keep them within the community instead of grossly profiting by selling them on an auction website.
Now I feel awful.
awww chi I'm sorry if I singled you out! $40 for shipping is crazy, and I totally understand you covering your costs.  My intention was not to make you feel bad about your decision. you are doing what you think is best for you, and considering you looked into how you were going to handle this beforehand, I probably shouldn't have said anything at all.
*may also be a bit jelly I missed out on the :muffin: Pony run*
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 06:52:31 PM by Eternia »
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 19, 2012, 06:53:15 PM »
D*** you Hasbro! Messing with us and supply and demand!

Just release these ponies (worldwide no exclusives!) already.....Then there are no dilemmas for the nice people!
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline Chi

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 19, 2012, 06:56:20 PM »
It's okay, I guess. I just let things get to me sometimes, which is also terrible. x___x
I just hope the people who get them really enjoy them and that somewhere down the line Hasbro says to themselves, "Well, damn. These people want this pony. LET'S MAKE THEM~!".
Or at least have them as a convention pony or do a "horseshoes points" type of thing again..or.. SOMETHING. I don't want there to only be 14 made EVER..

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #365 on: March 19, 2012, 07:25:21 PM »
I think it's great that you're auctioning them here on the Arena. At least everyone here has a chance to bid, and you know they're going to go to someone who loves ponies as much as you do.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 19, 2012, 07:55:17 PM »
I don't want there to only be 14 made EVER..

This would be a great sadness. :( I really, sincerely hope this isn't the case.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 19, 2012, 08:10:57 PM »
It's okay, I guess. I just let things get to me sometimes, which is also terrible. x___x
I just hope the people who get them really enjoy them and that somewhere down the line Hasbro says to themselves, "Well, damn. These people want this pony. LET'S MAKE THEM~!".
Or at least have them as a convention pony or do a "horseshoes points" type of thing again..or.. SOMETHING. I don't want there to only be 14 made EVER..

The listing actually had 21 :muffin: Pony's when I first found it, so there are more than 14 out there at least

Offline Chi

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 19, 2012, 08:21:34 PM »

The listing actually had 21 :muffin: Pony's when I first found it, so there are more than 14 out there at least
Even at 21, that's not very many. :(
Did anyone else who ordered one get theirs yet? D:

Offline Starie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 19, 2012, 10:43:59 PM »

Even at 21, that's not very many. :(
Did anyone else who ordered one get theirs yet? D:

Mine was shipped out today so I should get it soonish ^^

Offline Ren-Ren

• Trade Count: (+237)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://renren-1.livejournal.com/
« Reply #370 on: March 20, 2012, 12:27:12 AM »
:muffin: Pony has :muffin: Pony eyes in the upcoming episode of FiM. If Hasbro was nervous over the controversy they probably would have changed it (seeing as they already changed the episode that caused the problem) so I think that's a good sign that they won't pull the toy from production. That being said I still agree she'll probably be a collector release at a convention or something like that.
Thanks to Calico Star for my siggy! <3 (deleted cause photobucket)
*** My Sales Page*** My Little Pink Pony Loves MMA***

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 20, 2012, 12:54:49 AM »
I think they should man up and make her a genuine in-store release, face the controversy! Equality, anti-censorship, all that jazz!
Or at the very least sell her internationally online, selling her at a convention would be cruel to the fans that can't attend
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #372 on: March 20, 2012, 01:59:05 AM »
Honestly I am putting money on her being comic con release.  She isn't really 'kid friendly' per say (controversial, and kids just wont really get it).  Often comic con ponies show up in China about now.  So be patient, I'm sure she'll be revealed soon.  Comic con is only 3 months away.

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 20, 2012, 02:15:03 AM »
Anyone know anything about Oz Comic Con and if MLP will be represented there?
All I know about Oz Comic Con is that it's not in any way affiliated with Comic-Con International...
Or would the best bet for pony stuff be Supernova?

I've never been to any conventions lol
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #374 on: March 20, 2012, 02:21:23 AM »
hasbro don't even do anything official for the Australian Pony Fair, so I'd say if ponies are at any comic conventions (supernova or otherwise) it will be fan stuff.  There certainly won't be any exclusives.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal