collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Fashion style Ditzy Doo/ :muffin: Pony  (Read 140558 times)

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
Re: Fashion style Ditzy Doo/ :muffin: Pony
« Reply #870 on: May 30, 2012, 05:42:40 PM »
Wow I was pleased to see her for Comic con.  She screams comic con.  But to not have a seperate pony, be it G4 or G3 for pony fair is a MASSIVE kick in the teeth for long term fans.  I mean lets face it, the FiM Brony thing at the scale it is at is a fad.  I am not saying all Bronies will stop liking FiM or ponies in 30 years, but I think most will.  However the people who were attending fairs before FiM on the whole will still be attending fairs for years and years to come. 

I am so angry at hasbro for this.  How can Summer make money with the fair pony this year if she has to sell them at $35 to make a profit if in a week you can buy them for $15.  Bad form, Hasbro, bad form.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: May 30, 2012, 05:54:13 PM »
Wow I was pleased to see her for Comic con.  She screams comic con.  But to not have a seperate pony, be it G4 or G3 for pony fair is a MASSIVE kick in the teeth for long term fans.  I mean lets face it, the FiM Brony thing at the scale it is at is a fad.  I am not saying all Bronies will stop liking FiM or ponies in 30 years, but I think most will.  However the people who were attending fairs before FiM on the whole will still be attending fairs for years and years to come. 

I am so angry at hasbro for this.  How can Summer make money with the fair pony this year if she has to sell them at $35 to make a profit if in a week you can buy them for $15.  Bad form, Hasbro, bad form.

Actually, that article said she's going to be $19.99 at both events, so it won't matter where people buy them. I don't get why they didn't also do another pony for collectors at the Fair, though. They could have even done a G1 character (Gusty, Glory, Sundance, Skydancer, etc) as a G4 as a compromise if they only want to use G4s, and I think most people would have been fine with it.

ZOMBIESohnoes

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #872 on: May 30, 2012, 06:13:15 PM »

As others have said, I hope this is just a one time thing because the events are so close together and next year there will be two different ponies again. This just feels so lazy. If she was going to be the exclusive for both events they could have at least put some more effort into it with some accessories or putting her symbol on both sides of her body. Meh.

Also, just saw this -
Bronies is a gender neutral term, bro.

LOL, wrong. Hilariously so. :)
"Bro" was going the way of "dude" long before the whole brony thing happened, I think that's where some of the confusion is coming from when someone says "brony" is gender neutral. It isn't technically gender neutral, and it is the short form of brother, but slang doesn't follow normal rules.
It's interchangeable with dude and that's how people are using it now.

Totally relevant blast from the past:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yjr5TR8_Zws

Pinecone

« Reply #873 on: May 30, 2012, 06:14:42 PM »
Or Wind Whistler! A g4 Wind Whistler for a convention would be a nice shoutout to older fans.

(okay I just love Wind Whistler. Acutally a lot of people seem to, no matter what generation they like best)

Brightsong

« Reply #874 on: May 30, 2012, 06:22:15 PM »
GUYS, GUYS, GUYS!

USA Today confirmed that :muffin: Pony is the pony for this year's Comic Con AND MLP Fair!

I want one so bad. ;__;

Source

Sorry if this is double posted.  I just wanted to tell someone so bad, and now I'm so excited I forgot to breathe.

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #875 on: May 30, 2012, 06:23:32 PM »
I'm with all the others who would have rather had a G4 FS art pony at the Fair.  Nothing against :muffin: Pony, as she's cute and I can see that for SDCC, but when I think of the Fair pony I really want a nice, pretty art pony.  :(

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #876 on: May 30, 2012, 06:29:07 PM »
I was kind of upset to hear that :muffin: Pony was the Fair pony, too! I think that they should be different ponies. While I am very enthusiastic about :muffin: Pony, I can see why people would prefer an "art" pony. The Fair would have been a spectacular place for a more classic special pony alternative for their collections. :(

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #877 on: May 30, 2012, 06:32:13 PM »
I'm happy she's the pony for both. I probably couldn't get her if she was only at SDCC. She's a pony liked by both groups, why not make her available at their respective events? (because the fair is mostly for collectors, and comic con is more a brony environment. My opinion. I would love to go to both events myself)
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Online Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: May 30, 2012, 06:47:19 PM »

As others have said, I hope this is just a one time thing because the events are so close together and next year there will be two different ponies again. This just feels so lazy. If she was going to be the exclusive for both events they could have at least put some more effort into it with some accessories or putting her symbol on both sides of her body. Meh.

Also, just saw this -
Bronies is a gender neutral term, bro.

LOL, wrong. Hilariously so. :)
"Bro" was going the way of "dude" long before the whole brony thing happened, I think that's where some of the confusion is coming from when someone says "brony" is gender neutral. It isn't technically gender neutral, and it is the short form of brother, but slang doesn't follow normal rules.
It's interchangeable with dude and that's how people are using it now.

Totally relevant blast from the past:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yjr5TR8_Zws

That makes a lot of sense, yeah. I'm just not okay with people passing it around as "the gender neutral alternative" when it isn't! I mean, would you go up to a dude on the street and say, "Hey, sis"? Of course not, because female isn't a neutral gender - and yet male somehow is. And I'm not cool with that! :/
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #879 on: May 30, 2012, 06:50:12 PM »
I like the toy idea, BUT . . . not those ridiculously large Fashion Styling wings.  That's okay, though.  I will save money and let someone else go for the limited edition pony.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Pinecone

« Reply #880 on: May 30, 2012, 06:50:55 PM »
Has anyone asked Hasbro for an art pony? I've recently contacted them over something else, and I can't afford to go to any conventions with pony exclusives, but maybe it would be nice if someone did contact and maybe they can at least make an art pony for collectors next year.

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: May 30, 2012, 06:59:51 PM »
Did I read that correctly? There won't be a special Fair Pony this year? That's so lazy of Hasbro. I mean :muffin: Pony as a character has already been created, so they could have release her as a normal fashion style pony whenever they like, but not releasing two different collectors' ponies instead of releasing a standard fashion style pony .... that's a slap in collectors' faces Hasbro, really. Those two specials were what so many collectors were waiting for and looking forward to the whole year. I am going to sit in a corner now and cry for a while. :( 

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #882 on: May 30, 2012, 07:10:01 PM »
Has anyone asked Hasbro for an art pony? I've recently contacted them over something else, and I can't afford to go to any conventions with pony exclusives, but maybe it would be nice if someone did contact and maybe they can at least make an art pony for collectors next year.

Oh I'm sure they'll hear aalllll about it from us at the fair.

Pinecone

« Reply #883 on: May 30, 2012, 07:14:07 PM »
Well, I hope they listen then.  :happy:

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: May 30, 2012, 07:36:39 PM »
I am SO out of the loop and I don't wanna go back and read through several pages of this thread. Would someone be king of enough to answer my question.... Is :muffin: Pony actually announced to be showing up in stores?
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal