collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do You Tell People About Your MLP Collecting Or Do You Hide It?  (Read 11444 times)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
Hello fellow pony collectors.

OK so I was wondering if you proudly admit to people you collect My Little Pony or you avoid it, because you're embarrassed (which you shouldn't be)?

I used to be embarrassed when I was a teenager and when I was a younger adult.  Now, I'm going to be 28 in less than a week and I proudly tell people, but only if the subject comes up.  I bought a MLP purse at the RI fair last year and it has my fair pin and key chain on it.  So, the fact that I love My Little Pony goes everywhere with me.  Sometimes random strangers go up to me and talk about My Little Pony and how they used to collect them or they just simply say they like my purse.  :)  I also bought a "I Collect My Little Pony" hat at the fair last year which I like to wear mostly during the summer and on the warmer days of spring and on the weekends since I work at a preschool and would have no reason to wear it there.
:P

It's still a little cool out, but when the weather is warmer I wear MLP t-shirts.

So, there's my answer.
;)

Offline OctoberFlash

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I like to eat things and brush ponies!
    • View Profile
Re: Do You Tell People About Your MLP Collecting Or Do You Hide It?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 02:58:39 PM »
I tell people, c:

I mean, I don't go up to random people and say "HEY! I COLLECT MY LITTLE PONIES!", but whenever I have friends over I'll be like "hey wanna look at my ponies? ^^" and stuff. x3

I have one pony shirt, and I wear it mostly when it's warmer. I plan on getting some more T-shirts, a button for my school lanyard, and some other stuff. I love ponies and I'm not afraid to show it :)
Click here for my wishlist!

Every puzzle has an answer :)

Offline clones_rebellion

• Evil Swap Queen
  • Trade Count: (+422)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 03:05:13 PM »
I am loud and proud! My car has a MLP air freshener and I have MLP plate frames and stickers that I plan on adding soon. I also have a MLP purse and keychain. And my workstation is covered with MLPs. I have two G1 babies on my computer tower. My workmates have even defended my ponies when little kids see them and make grabby hands. "Oh no! You don't want to touch those ponies, she will kill you!" (My workmates have even played with the hair and such before.) :lol:

I used to be hush, hush about them when I was younger, but I think as we get a little older we become more secure in who we are and stop worrying so much about being judged. ;) 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

~My Wishlist!~ Thank you Moonbreeze for my Atlas and Bastet siggy!

ZettaMomo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 03:08:54 PM »
People know.
I have brought a couple of my ponies to school before to show a few of my friends. I also wear some of the My Little Pony necklaces I have made to school before so it is a bit obvious. Nobody is really mean or bothers me about it. One of my teachers thinks it is nice, but she really doesn't get it and thinks that my ponies are my "imaginary friends". XD

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 03:17:52 PM »
Just like Clones....loud and proud....

Is it the opening statement I make when I meet someone? No...lol...but if anyone asks or a subject is close then I ll certainly mention it...I may not confess how much I spend on them however...thats between me and my bank balance!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline windsong

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 03:21:13 PM »
I'll let people know when I feel they should know. I won't start a conversation about it, but if the conversation gets steered toward hobbies or collections or anything related to ponies or cartoons, I'll mention it. Most people don't say much about it. I don't think I've ever gotten a negative reaction from it. Mostly just "Cool" or "That's interesting", stuff like that. Some of my friends think it's very "me" to collect ponies, which I think is pretty cool. ;)

~ My Etsy Shop ~ Arena Sales ~ Wants ~ My Book Blog ~ TY Badjuju86 4 avatar  :heart:

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 03:45:41 PM »
I do tell people, but I think my friends tell more people than I do.  Often when I meet friends of friends the first thing they say is "Oh, you're the pony person!"  It's pretty entertaining.

I also wear pony jewelry and shirts, often to work.  I have some McD ponies at my desk, so all my coworkers know about my collection.  And when Roomy and I have our yearly xmas party I set up an xmas Pony display in the Pony room and everyone has come to expect it and look forward to seeing it.

Sometimes when I'm buying ponies, though, and the cashier says something like, "some little girl will be happy" I'll just answer "yes she will!"  Sometimes I just don't want to be bothered getting into the conversation.

Elf

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 03:49:28 PM »
Another loudy proudy right here.

I even did an interview with my sister in the local papers, about our love for pony's. I've never felt ashamed. I'm not walking around telling people, but when i was in a clinic (for many reasons) I'd take my pony DVDs to watch and could not care less. In general i am an insecure person but when it comes to ponies, i don't care people's opinions. So far everyone reacts positive to it :) No one cares about ponies, but respect my love for them.

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 03:58:34 PM »
People who know me usually know that I collect ponies.  I got a lot of teasing about it from friends when I was in college but it didn't bother me too much.  My dorm room was covered in ponies.  One of my friends asked me how was I able to sleep at night with all those little eyes staring down at me. XD

And sometimes people who know me have picked up ponies they've seen at thrift stores, yard sales, or when cleaning out part of their house and given them to me.  One of my college friends even bought me a G2 pony when they were in stores.  I keep hoping someone I know will stumble across a Baby Sugarberry lol.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 04:00:42 PM »
No pony denial here!

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Princess-Sparkles

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2012, 04:03:14 PM »
I'm fine with telling people, it won't be the first thing I bring up, but yeah if someone asks I will tell them. It's paid off for me because at work people bring me ponies all the time and one of my firneds broguht over a bag of G1's with a beautiful TAF Tum Yum also I have aquired Bright eyes, Flat foot ponies etc.

Also MLP seems to becomming cool at my work, my firned kept going up to mu pony plush on my locker and petting it, so I ended up buying her one. She loves it. :)
Thank you SDS for my Princess Sparke avatar and thank you Shenanigans for my signature. ^_^
~My want list

Wanted: Baby Cotton Candy and Bowties with bad hair and hair cuts. :)

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2012, 04:07:26 PM »
I don't tell people when I first meet them but it usually comes up sooner or later in day to day conversation as something I collect or that I went out to buy the new ponies or I drag my friends to Target/TRU/Savers to pony hunt with me.  :)

However, I don't have any pony stuff at work.  I'd love to but I know I have students who will take things off my desk. 
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline JessicaAFM

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Ponies
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2012, 04:15:27 PM »
Most of my family knows, some friends but not a whole lot. Not because I am embarrassed but because they have been packed up for a while. All of my G1s were in storage at my dads house while I had a few McDonalds and such out with me. We went through several moves, one across the country, the last few years. The G1s just now got unpacked and I started cleaning them up. They have been played with A LOT. The reason my G1 collection is so big is because they are literally my childhood toys. I have had Butterscotch since I was 5. Anyhow, I am not embarrassed but I am not a raving collector either. I did announce to my FB the other day that I collect them. I was excited about my G4 Applejacks.  :biggrin:
~Jessica~ My Ponies

Thanks to sd_dreamcrystal for my adoptable.

Offline Leegeta

• Firefighter Chick
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2012, 04:49:26 PM »
I tell them, i have nothing to be ashamed of  :satisfied:
*<3 <3Seeking MIB DREAM BEAUTIES! <3 <3*

Leegeta\'s Collection

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2012, 04:58:46 PM »
I tell people and don't really feel embarrassed about it, which is weird for me because I have other things I like more that I am too embarrassed to tell people. And surprisingly, I've never gotten a negative or weird reaction from people who find out about my collection.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal