collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Are these ponies "okay" to customize?  (Read 3548 times)

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Are these ponies "okay" to customize?
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2012, 09:38:38 AM »
Although I am in fear of starting an argument, I am going to say that I live in a world where they are your ponies to do as you wish with and I dont think we should cast judgement whatever you do....

Personally I would find it tough to customise a pony which did not have flaws which I could not fix but what is one persons "fixer upper" is another persons "bait"...you ll probably need to know exact condition to decide.

I agree with you on both counts.  :)

Sadly, whether G1, G3's, or G4's - eventually there will be an end to ponies and we will have lost a lot to customs anyway.  Essentially, a pony belongs to one person - not the whole community.  The owner is perfectly entitled to do whatever they wish with their ponies.  ^-^  However there still might be backlash from the community.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2012, 09:45:29 AM »
G1s should not be customized unless they're in dreadful condition, IMO.   Missing tails are easily fixed and even manes can be replaced.   Loose heads aren't really a flaw IMO.  A lot of people remove the head right away to make sure there's no gross stuff (like rust) inside a pony.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline hlbmlp

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2012, 10:01:05 AM »
i usually dont bait unless the pony is in horrible condition and even then, if i dont have it or i think someone else will want it i dont.  I usually only bait G1 ponies who are unrecognizable... meaning they are common, so many in the same pose in the same color who have lost all their hair and most if not all their symbols and are stained.  I usually try to save ponies, but that's just me.  I bait if extremely mauled ie dog or knife or somewhat.. but i have done extreme restores, completely resculpting parts of the bods....seashell i wouldnt unless she was as previously stated. If not in that bad of condition you could restore her and maybe sell her for a little money if you decide not to keep her.

g3s are a little different.  If it is an exclusive or holiday, no bait.  If it is common and marked up and bad hair i say bait.   

I usually end up getting ponies that are already prepped bait, and even then i end up restoring some because i know i dont have them yet.  Like i bought a bait lot of baby sea ponies who had almost all their paint removed besides their eyes and were stained and missing all their hair and im ending up restoring them all! ha!

but it is your pony and your business. Thanks for asking though!!!
My Etsy . My Blog

If i owe you feedback pm me, my brain is not always here.

thanks kiwisquirtbottle for helping with codes!!! <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal