collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Idioms, words, and phraes you've picked up from TV, books, or films.  (Read 13988 times)

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Idioms, words, and phraes you've picked up from TV, books, or films.
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2012, 10:01:09 AM »
"The doctor is in." - Picked up on the internet, used when watching Doctor Who.  :heart:
GIR and Zim have had some influence on me as well...

I use a lot of phrases associated with memes.  I frequent Know Your Meme.

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2012, 02:22:57 PM »
Frak is good.
DH's nickname is Scruffy Looking Nerfherder.  No clue why, but it fits him.  KWIM? 
I left a broken pager for my director with a note: This pager is no more.  It has ceased to be.
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2012, 03:34:17 PM »
"There's (x) in that (y)."  From Voyager, obviously.  I use it to denote things I want.  "There's ice cream in that freezer" translates roughly to "go get me some ice cream.  NOW."

"(x) ALL THE THINGS"

ANYTHING from Tommy Boy.  And boy was that a sad day when all my coats fit and I couldn't do fat guy in a little coat anymore. 

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2012, 04:37:19 PM »
"Bazinga" -big bang theory

"crap in a hat" -Toyfare theater i do believe

"Frak", "bastitch" (is that one okay? :\), "that's L as in lacerate, o as in obliterate, b as in disembowel, and o as in ... i guess i can use obliterate twice, what do you think supes?" "three headed fish god" and so many others from the main Man, Lobo lol

a BUNCH of stuff from Pepe the Kingprawn from the muppets "I am no shrimp, mmkay? i am ... KING PRAWN!" and then i leap to the side lol

"rassafrakkin ..." from looney toons supposedly

"I PUSH THE BUTTON! NO YOU PUSH THE BUTTON! I PUSH THE BUTTON!" - tiny toons

"BOINGY BOINGY BOINGY!" "time for another, good idea, bad idea" "do you like beans, do like george wendt? would you like to see george wendt eating beans? would you like to see a movie starring george wendt eating beans?" "okay lady, love you, buh bye!" -animaniacs

"bleep it jim, i'm a doctor, not a (X)" -star trek where (x) is any thing that captain kirk is askin the good dr. bones to do lol

"i love you tacos!" "WWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHEEEEEEHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!" "i want to be a mongoose." "the squirrel was going chikoo chikoo ..." "i dooon't knoooow ..." " ooontz ooontz ooontz ooontz ..." "doomie doomie doom doomie dooom ..." "I'm not stupid, i'm advaaaaaaaaaaanced" "IT MARCHES THROUGH MY VEINS IKE RADIOATIVE RUBBER PANTS!" -invader zim (mostly gir lol)

so many others i'm blatantly forgetting ... lol
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline Star-Watcher

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Raven's Nest
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2012, 06:46:41 PM »
I've used Frak off and on since the late 70s/early 80s (original Battlestar Galactica).
Good.  Goooooooood! - Return of the Jedi (spoken in Palpatine's voice)
Khaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnn!!!!!!! - Star Trek II (and I was using that long before it became an Internet meme)
Rackin Frackin Rausey Rackin... - Muttley from Hanna Barbera.  But I picked up on that in City of Heroes years ago when fighting a Lost boss named Muxley.
And I have really picked up on occasionally saying stuff in a good spaced out Tommy Chong type voice lately.

And most frequent...  Ooteedee!!!!! (When I find a really good score at a thrift store or when a really good score pulls an excellent price.  That brings out my inner Jawa).
-- Star-Watcher
This space unintentionally left blank.

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2012, 07:55:27 AM »
Well, my vocabulary is made up of a lot of these, most of them come from video games, songs, or internet memes :P

"How I hate to wake up in the morning" and "One of these days I'm going to murder the Councillor" - Picked this one up from an old camping folk tune, sometimes mumbled when stumbling for the toilet after waking up. I'm just not a morning person :P

"<x> d**n you!" - Mythbusters. Where <x> is the desired action that the uncooperative equipment is refusing to perform.

"Going to throw almonds in the loo" - from an old animutation. Means that I'm going to the toilet to do my business

"Dung harbor!" - from the same animutation as the above quote. It's a sort of my version of "Eureka!"

/* high-pitched voice */ "EEK! Help! Spike!" /* gruff voice */ "Oh, no! Molly!" - Picked that up from Ashen's Vectrex review. The comedy here is that both are valid names from G1 MLP . No specific meaning, I just like saying it because it amuses me :P

I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2012, 11:36:14 AM »
D'oh but who hasn't. :P
Hmmm from playing Dragon Age waaay to much I've been known to use, online at least 'Andraste's Flaming Knickers' 'and Maker Nooooooooo!' 
'Frag/Frak'- blame Transformers for that
And a slightly obscure one from Weekenders 'CURSE YOU MODERN TECHNOLOGY CUUUUURSE YOOOOOU'
I may or may have not randomly done 'oooteeeniee' as well and sometimes my brother and I come out with some form of 'use the force' once I waved at a car as they let me pass and then realised I seemed to be doing a 'Jedi mind trick' hand sign.
Oh and my brother when we're on the train sometimes goes 'Multipass' at random.
And I've used 'Stang' in the past, that's from extended universe Star Wars I believe

Oh and sometimes when goofing around my brother or I will block the door to the kitchen and go 'NONE SHALL PASS!' and there's a few random Monty Python references chucked in here and there and things like 'I'm covered in bees' and 'It's a raptor, get me a bin lid' and 'jazz chicken' and I've picked up something from Lee Evans, it's a certain way to say a phrase which is not very arena appropriate. :P

And I may or may not have appopriated some stuff from Discworld, not sure.

My brother and I sometimes 'Stitch talk' at each other, weird thing is even though it's gibberish we know what each other mean.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 11:48:49 AM by starrypawz »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

SparklersOasis

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Idioms, words, and phraes you\'ve picked up from TV, books, or films.
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2012, 04:24:48 PM »
Definitely Frak XD And shiny!

YES!  I use shiny all the time!  I tend to randomly quote Buffy, Firefly, and a few other shows. 

Post Merge: March 08, 2012, 04:37:45 PM

Oh, and Bazinga!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 04:37:45 PM by SparklersOasis »

Offline Talismarr

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2012, 06:09:57 PM »
My friend and I make a ton of meme references, and quote The Emperor's New Groove all the time! Sometimes Despicable Me, or other random Disney movies or movies from our childhood (and yes, I know that DM isn't Disney! Awkward sounding sentence)

Also phrases from several popular youtube videos among my friends as well!

Offline DemonicSymphony

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2012, 10:00:08 PM »
Ha! Yes Talismarr

Jay and I constantly use "liiiight bulb!" and "IT'S SO FLUFFAAAAY!
I rescue unwanted plushies. PM me for details!

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2012, 07:19:27 AM »
I tend to quote famous lines from the Zelda CD-I games.  "Mah boyyy", "It is written", etc...  I also quote Shin Chan at random, sometimes inappropriate moments.

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2012, 07:39:52 AM »
TANSTAAFL.  Bonus points for anyone who knows what that means without google.  ;)
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2012, 08:50:49 AM »
I tend to quote famous lines from the Zelda CD-I games.  "Mah boyyy", "It is written", etc...  I also quote Shin Chan at random, sometimes inappropriate moments.

DINNER.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2012, 11:33:37 AM »
All the language from Watership Down.

Sadly "great googly moogly!" from Maggie and the Ferocious Beast.

creampuf

« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2012, 12:18:52 PM »
TANSTAAFL.  Bonus points for anyone who knows what that means without google.  ;)

There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.

A couple years ago we played DnD with a group and one of the characters was given a TANSTAAFL ring. He made a wish, it was granted and then somethign else would happen. Basically...the DM was a little twisted ^_^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal