collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Collection of WIPs  (Read 614 times)

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
My Collection of WIPs
« on: March 02, 2012, 04:56:28 PM »
Just thought I would share the batch I just started sculpting on.

For some reason, I absolutely dread sculpting, but at the same time, I love it? I always feel like I don't have enough time to sit down and really work on a pony.. Since I do them in small steps, I decided that I would work on everything that I had to sculpt on today. I got everything worked on except my corset pony. I saved it till last and realized that I had forgotten how the corset designs went best on pony bodies, so I set her aside.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

This is the pony that was ordered by Fred Hicks to be a gift for a friend whos gaming store just sold 100 copies of his Dresden Files Role Playing Game. The store logo is predominantly orange, so he wanted a Harry Dresden style pony, done in orange and black. I learned a lot from the first Harry Dresden pony  I made, so this one is getting a lot more detail and will be closer to my original design. Im oddly pleased with the little button on the sleeve, though im sure the detail doesnt show up well here.

I accidentally cut into the neck of this :muffin: Pony when working on a batch of 5, so I decided to make her into Mail Pony :muffin: Pony.

I don't know if I am going to keep the bangles on this pony, or if I want to take them off and try again for thinner, or just use actual wire. This pony will be a trade for my friend. She's painting me a picture in return. This is the pony I have to make dreadlocks for. :( I feel like I am wasting pony hair making dreads.

I got this pony from Puush in a bait trade. She came with wire and mesh already on her. I decided to keep the general style of wing that Puush had set out here, only straightened the wire a little and widened the wingspan some. I added the apoxie to the length of the wing to hold the mesh on. This will be my first set of wings to make.

I decided on using apoxie to anchor the eyes into the skull of this Spanish Masquerade. After I rehair her, and swap the inside with glue, I feel they will be very secure. This is for a trade with Scraleos, in exchange for one of her plushies. If she likes it. I hope she does. When it is finished, it will be Spanish Masquerade in the Whizzer pose.

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: My Collection of WIPs
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 04:59:20 PM »
I love :muffin: Pony's eyes! 
:socks:   :frog:

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
Re: My Collection of WIPs
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 09:54:21 PM »
They look great so far!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal