collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: anyone like the shows as well as the toys?  (Read 11527 times)

Offline Firehooves

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 is magic, FiM is tragic!
    • View Profile
anyone like the shows as well as the toys?
« on: March 02, 2012, 09:37:14 AM »
Hey, the Big Brother pony here again (I refuse the title brony, as I am a G1 fan first, though I do love FiM). And I was wondering; among the non-brony fanbase, are there any that like the shows as much as the toys? My little pony & friends, MLP Tales, and even the G3 Specials.
And I do like the toys, I have Firefly, Bow Tie, and Majesty (though my cousins and my cat did horrible damage to her.  :cry: ) And did anyone else want toys released of the moochick, Tirek, Danny, Nightshade, and Katrina... but maybe that's just me.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The firehooves family; Tornado, Twilight, Ember and Drummer
my G1/MLP Tales/G3/G4 fanfics-
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3280710/FireHoof
My tumblr: http://tornadofirehoovesuniverse.tumblr.com/

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: anyone like the shows as well as the toys?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 09:41:33 AM »
I've honestly never watched any of the G1 shows, so I can't really say whether or not I like them. I have a feeling that I would, though, since I love nostalgic things. I just wonder where I should start...

I did like the G3.5 special that I saw. It was silly, but it was really adorable, too. ._.;;;

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 09:44:03 AM »
I love most of the shows :D I grew up with MLP Tales, Clover was always my favorite! I really wish they would've made the enemies into toys! Scorpan, and that evil guy... I forget his name or the weird bird characters in the golden horseshoes. The Witches!!!
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 09:44:58 AM »
I loved the G1 show!!  I know it's cheesy and poor animation, but as an 80's baby, I will always enjoy it!

I used to watch it after school and I have awesome memories of that show!  I fell in love with the characters then.

Offline Firehooves

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 09:47:40 AM »
I f you want to start with G1, look for "Rescue at Midnight Castle/Firefly's adventure" It's on youtube, and was the start of the G1 series. It's also the best of the G1 series. After that, look for, 'escape from Katrina' next, and then 'my little pony: the movie' and then 'the end of flutter valley', all also on youtube. After that, they can kind of be watched in any order.
The birds in the golden horseshoes were the Screea, they had a culture built entirely around gaming and gambling. The evil guy in Midnight castle was the horned centaur tirek.

Yeah, I came here orginally to make some good friends with fans of the older shows back in december. My results have been... less than stellar :/
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 09:56:34 AM by Firehooves »

Offline Dawn

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 09:50:47 AM »
As a kid I used to watch the G1 show religiously, as I had almost every My Little Pony and Friends on video.
Funnily enough now that you mention it, I loved the baddies! I always wished that there had been toys released of Katrina and Grogar :D

Offline TokiBear

• Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Wimey
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • We're all stories in the end...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 09:51:41 AM »
Oh I love the ok shows. I probably still watch The Movie at least once a month. I was also able to get some of the other shows on DVD. Now I am trying to track down MLP Tales that I can watch that is not online. Oh nostalgia. :)

Offline Bunny-san

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ponydex.com
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 10:05:07 AM »
I really liked the G1 shows, since I grew up on them :D I have them all on DVD ^^ I dunno, did they do G2 shows? I was okay with the G3 shows, they were cute...a little to sweetsy for me. I LOVED Minty's special though. And of course, I LOVE FiM. :) Though, I must admit my severe dissatisfaction with the changes they made to the Last Roundup ._. I thought it was cute as it was, and if they were going to change it, they should at least make both versions readily available for everyone..BUT that's aside. I love all the shows, to answer the question. :) (Well, except for the G3.5 I never saw those.)

Thank you artists for my siggys!

Offline VanillaBean

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.VanillaTwist.deviantart.com
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 10:08:06 AM »
I absolutely love the older series. :) I grew up watching three of the G1 episodes on video, & always wanted to see more. Then I discovered them all on youtube a few years ago. :3
As an animator in training, the quality of the series should bother me, but I just can't bring myself to dislike it. I love the sense of wonder & adventure the G1 show had, & all the different personalities. Watching it always takes me back to childhood, when everything seemed so magical.  :lovey:
My favourite episodes are Rescue at Midnight Castle & Quest for the Golden Horseshoes. Mish Mash Melee's cute too. Surprise & Paradise are my fave characters. ^-^
I also think Tales is great, & I like the G3 episodes, although the storylines leave much to be desired.
I really enjoy FiM, but it doesn't have the same appeal to me as the old series. I think that's partly down to the art style, which I'm iffy about, & the way the ponies behave more like humans. I'll almost always take adventure over slice of life.
Hunting for G2 MLP & Pretty Pony Club magazines! :)

Offline Firehooves

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 10:08:50 AM »
Yeah, back when the villans were more than a disgruntled alicorn who wanted to turn the lights off, and an anthroporphized version of Q from star trek. XD (Again, no offense to FiM,  they do slice of life better.) And the art style- ugh! I wish theyhad gotten Toei to do the 'midnight castle' artstyle, rather then that horrendus flash animation. and I will say FiM has better character development.

I also wish the old shows would air on the hub, as hasbro now owns the rights to all the old sunbow shows (which means they got the rights back to the G1 ponies and villians, as well!)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 10:11:31 AM by Firehooves »

Offline Lyra

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2012, 10:11:34 AM »
I LOVE the show! I always loved the g1 cartoons (then again, I was 5) the g4 one is appealing to everyone :) The non-brony fanbase of the show is actually bigger than the brony fanbase anyway XD ! (young children dont go on forums so much)

« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 10:13:59 AM by Lyra »
Lyra Silvertongue - not Heartstrings!

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2012, 10:16:58 AM »
Ahaha, I used to have the movies on VHS and I would watch them religiously every day. I've never really seen any of the television shows though besides FiM, but it's great too!

Offline OctoberFlash

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I like to eat things and brush ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2012, 10:24:08 AM »
I love the shows :D (except for G3.5).

Unfortunately, I've only seen Rescue at Midnight Castle (plan on watching more though :D ) and Come Back, Lily Lightly, as far as the older specials I like goes, but I have seen every episode of FiM though. xD

Then again, I suppose I can't really hate on G3.5 shows either, I saw a Flash "Newborn Cuties" thing from G3.5 and I really, really didn't like it ><
Click here for my wishlist!

Every puzzle has an answer :)

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2012, 10:31:19 AM »
I'd love a moochick toy! I always loved how they went to him for guidance :) *ah, the good old days <3 Tirek would have made a cool toy too!

My favorite episodes are "A little piece of magic." and "Sweetstuffs treasure hunt." They're so sweet! <3
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 10:34:23 AM by SweetScoops »
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2012, 10:34:12 AM »
I loved the G1 show, but I never could get into it as much as I really wanted to because I didn't like Megan, and she seems to be in most episodes :(

I love Pony Tales and G4 though. I also enjoy G3, though I'm a little iffy on G3.5.

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal