collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: DECISIONS!!  (Read 2592 times)

Offline okapishomapi

• Programming Pony
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • NERD!
    • View Profile
DECISIONS!!
« on: February 29, 2012, 06:02:26 PM »
I hate them so much!! I thought I had my next doll picked out, and then I found another that I reaallly want and, well...today I found another to add to the short list  :yikes:

Plus they're all so different; I have no idea how I'll choose  :yikes:

(For the interested, the current candidates are RS Mei head with Yao horns, hooves, and body:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

(stock photo)

Pukifee Zoe:

(stock photo from fairyland - although I don't like her stock clothes and wouldn't buy them :P )

and DaisyDayes Elise:

(stock photo, from JpopDolls))

I want the RS girl because she's my character and sorta my mini me, but I think the PKF would be the funnest one to play with and sew for/make accessories for, but the centaur is limited run and could sell out at any time.... AUUUUGGJJJDSAD:JASKEJK!!!!!

Anyone have any suggestions or preferences? Any sympathy? I know you know how I feel, and thanks for letting me vent!! :lovey:

edit to change photos.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 08:26:51 PM by okapishomapi »

Thank you, taxel and Antlercat!
Okapi's Want List ~ Fishmeal Ref ~ Shomapi Ref

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: DECISIONS!!
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 06:09:55 PM »
Oh my! I see why you have diffuculties choosing :S They're all wery lovely!
I love the Pukifee, that pic of her is adorable! <3

I really can't help with the decition, but I do think you'll love it no matter wich you choose! :)
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline wolflair

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 06:13:42 PM »
Good luck Okapi with your decision.  It will be a tough one.   I have Mei and I just love her.  Mine is very white skinned.  I am waiting for a clear day on the weekend and then I will post pictures.   I find her kind of hard to pose but she is brand new and I have not really had a good chance to play with her yet.  Being she is my only MSD doll I can't speak to her quality vs another.  But I am very happy with her.  I have the factory face up on mine and it is pretty faint  she also does not come with eyelashes,  at least mine didn't. I have fairyland the  Puki Puki Pong Pong and Kannu, and they are just adorable. I would highly recommend them.  They are great quality dolls.  I bought Mei and my fairyland dolls form Denver Doll Emporium.  I am very happy with their services.   I love the Daisy Dayse Elise and think it might go on my list of dolls also. 

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 06:14:50 PM »
If it were me and I had the monies, I would go for the limited run! I love the other two but they probably wouldn't be too hard to buy later on. Then again if you're not really attached to it aside from thinking it's pretty and it's limited, well there are other pretty centaurs out there!
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 06:30:07 PM »
Ohmigod I had no idea centaur dolls existed! What organ do I have to sell to afford one? Where do they sell them? (Centaurs, not organs.) Link me, please!

And Okapi, I like the first and third ones...but ohmigod get the centaur!

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 06:35:31 PM »
Mei is my favorite, but I love the centaur too, so if you're sure you want her you should get her first! Being limited and all.

Offline Akemi-chan

• Matcha-flavored Teeny Tiny
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+147)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Baby Pony Addict
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 07:08:31 PM »
One of the most important (and hard) decisions any bjd lover has to make! >_< I agree with Kee_von_Cupcake on choosing DaisyDayes Elise since she's limited, although Pukifees are agonizingly adorable!  :lovey:

Have you fan-girled today, [you]?
*For Sale or Trade*
*Wishlist*

FlyingPonyMonster

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 07:19:09 PM »
Hmm I think the centaur has the nicest face and as its limited run you might regret if you don't get it while you can!!

Knibitz

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 07:58:04 PM »
I vote the centaur if it's what you really want.
If it's really one of your top wants then get it. It's going to be incredibly difficult to find secondhand as daisydayes is not that popular of a doll maker, and I don't believe this doll is on topic for doa.

(aside from that, can you please add in links to the deviantArt pages you go the images from to your OP ^^; it's a huge pet peeve of mine. You're really not supposed to take photos off dA, and contrary to popular belief - giving them credit isn't permission to repost, nor is linking back, but it helps.)

Offline okapishomapi

• Programming Pony
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • NERD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 08:22:09 PM »
Thanks everyone for the help!! I knew you guys would sympathize :lovey:

Good luck Okapi with your decision.  It will be a tough one.   I have Mei and I just love her.  Mine is very white skinned.  I am waiting for a clear day on the weekend and then I will post pictures.   I find her kind of hard to pose but she is brand new and I have not really had a good chance to play with her yet.  Being she is my only MSD doll I can't speak to her quality vs another.  But I am very happy with her.  I have the factory face up on mine and it is pretty faint  she also does not come with eyelashes,  at least mine didn't. I have fairyland the  Puki Puki Pong Pong and Kannu, and they are just adorable. I would highly recommend them.  They are great quality dolls.  I bought Mei and my fairyland dolls form Denver Doll Emporium.  I am very happy with their services.   I love the Daisy Dayse Elise and think it might go on my list of dolls also. 

Thanks for all this owner info! I've heard Denver Doll is really nice; plus they seem to have a really nice range of dolls.

If it were me and I had the monies, I would go for the limited run! I love the other two but they probably wouldn't be too hard to buy later on. Then again if you're not really attached to it aside from thinking it's pretty and it's limited, well there are other pretty centaurs out there!

That's what I'm afraid of, too. I'm definitely going to have to wait a while and make sure I don't just want her because she's limited :blush:

Ohmigod I had no idea centaur dolls existed! What organ do I have to sell to afford one? Where do they sell them? (Centaurs, not organs.) Link me, please!

And Okapi, I like the first and third ones...but ohmigod get the centaur!

Lol at selling an organ - although she's really not that expensive (since she's so little, maybe?). Still a ton of money, though. But you can buy her here: http://www.jpopdolls.net/store/product.php?productid=2448&cat=266&page=1 There are other centaur bjds but this is the prettiest one I've seen so far, imho.

I vote the centaur if it's what you really want.
If it's really one of your top wants then get it. It's going to be incredibly difficult to find secondhand as daisydayes is not that popular of a doll maker, and I don't believe this doll is on topic for doa.

(aside from that, can you please add in links to the deviantArt pages you go the images from to your OP ^^; it's a huge pet peeve of mine. You're really not supposed to take photos off dA, and contrary to popular belief - giving them credit isn't permission to repost, nor is linking back, but it helps.)

She actually is on topic on DoA, apparently - that's where I saw her. And it was a long thread too so it wasn't just the mods hadn't seen it yet. :shrug: I don't know the on-topic rules there, yet; I just go by what I see :)

And I'm happy to replace the photos since it bothers you. Although I don't think reposting from DaisyDayes would bother her, since she uses those photos for promotion herself. Still, I agree with you.

Thanks again, guys and gals :lovey:

Thank you, taxel and Antlercat!
Okapi's Want List ~ Fishmeal Ref ~ Shomapi Ref

Offline Jadis4742

• View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 09:52:32 PM »
My only experience with dolls is MH, so $350 for a six and a half inch doll seems insane to me! But...she's so pretty...I wonder if I can save enough money before she sells out.

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2012, 10:18:46 PM »
My only experience with dolls is MH, so $350 for a six and a half inch doll seems insane to me! But...she's so pretty...I wonder if I can save enough money before she sells out.

Wow, she really is a tiny baby! I don't if I could bring myself to pay that either, but she would look outstanding guarding a desk or just doing anything. I've seen other centaur BJDs here in the Dollhouse (I wanna say Soom is a good company to check for them), but she's by far the most beautiful.

Offline Jadis4742

• View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2012, 10:45:50 PM »
She really is! Can you imagine her with a nice white wig and tail? Very Last Unicorn-ish. I've already gone through my nail polish stash and messaged a couple of people about buying my polish...gonna try and sell a few ponies here...I kind of need her now!

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2012, 11:07:35 PM »
She really is! Can you imagine her with a nice white wig and tail? Very Last Unicorn-ish. I've already gone through my nail polish stash and messaged a couple of people about buying my polish...gonna try and sell a few ponies here...I kind of need her now!

She absolutely is! How I love that movie. Yes, she must have predominantly white hair. Good luck with your sales! I hope you get her! :3

Offline piper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.puddnheadpixie.com
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2012, 05:30:18 AM »
DAISYDAYES!!!! She's a gorgeous little thing, I have hovered over "buy now" more times than I can count on jpop's site - I already ordered DaisyDayes Ignatz as I had a Soom centaur BUT I have just sold my soom boy as he is a bit too big for me (turns out I loves the tinies) and so Elise is an itch I may well regret not scratching.

I missed out on her polar bear bjd by too much umming and ahhing, by the time I decided to get him, POOF he was gone from the site as he was totally sold out :(
 ex-owner of www.mylittlecustoms.com ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal