collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help with shaky hands  (Read 2771 times)

creampuf

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Help with shaky hands
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2012, 06:13:32 AM »
I hold my breath and make sure the brush is "wet" meaning that it's moist and the paint is thin, this way it glides which makes the motion smoother.

Offline sunnydaze

• Trade Count: (+99)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2012, 11:48:16 AM »
I anchor my hand in some form to the desk top so that I'm less likely to just paint anywhere... it's different for everyone. I also keep cotton swabs that have a pointy tip and a razor blade handy to scrape or wipe the area that has had the line go where I don't necessarily want it. :) practice of course always helps just practising painting on a test subject simple lines lets you see how you are comfortable with the "wetness" level of your paint brush for the type of line you want.

To see my customs and art click my deviantart gallery

Offline Firebyrd

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.firebyrd.net
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2012, 02:06:28 PM »
Everyone shakes.  What you have to do is brace yourself to minimize it and to make sure everything shakes in the same direction.  You should brace your forearms or elbows against your work surface.  Then brace your wrists together as you paint.  If you can't keep your wrists together while still getting at the area you need to, make sure both wrists are braced on the pony so they're "connected" by it.  It's a bit awkward at first, but it makes a big difference.  This is what the model railroaders do and they paint on surfaces that make our ponies look huge.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal