collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: needing some info  (Read 4224 times)

Offline Zero

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
needing some info
« on: February 28, 2012, 11:09:26 AM »
Im putting this up for some advice on something
after a vist to the US to see someone very special to me I have been looking at a way to actuarly move over there and find work.
I have been wokring for the last 4 years since I left universtiy so I can work.

Is there ANYTHING you guys can give me to find out what I can or need to do to get this?

Please?

Thank you for your time anyways.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Dizzie
Even after the darkest of nights, morning always comes
Zero Ref
Trotting Icon and Pic made my Ellis

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: needing some info
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 11:46:41 AM »
I know you'll need some sort of work visa to work here. It might help to be more specific on the area/state you are visiting.

Offline Zero

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 12:00:19 PM »
The State of Indiana just south of Indianapolis

Sig by Dizzie
Zero Ref

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 12:30:54 PM »
Humm..

There should be something on a governement site.  I know that if you plan on staying for more then a set amount of time, you do need a card/visa to work there.

Ill have to poke a friend of mine to see if she can grab some information :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Zero

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 12:36:14 PM »
Cool and thank you
anything that can help me out.
I know im not in a skilled job or something that warrents a welcome mat but I do wanna work there...

Sig by Dizzie
Zero Ref

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 01:02:19 PM »
Wow!! I hope you can get a work visa and come on over!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 01:04:25 PM »
Work visas typically depend on the field that you are working in.
What was your university degree in? 

Also I don't believe you can enter the USA on a visitor's visa, stay and find a job, then apply for your work visa.  You have to have it from the beginning.   :)   It might also help to look up an Immigration Lawyer in the state of Indiana.  They may be able to give you starting advice over the phone...  :)

Your future employer applies for your visa when they are officially hiring you, so you need to find employment *before* you travel.  It will also likely be one of the questions that Customs/Immigration asks you when you arrive at the international airport- "Do you have a job?  When are you returning to it?" 

I have known a number of people who had to go back to their home countries on arrival because it appeared to the Customs officials that the "visitor" was planning on well... basically,becoming an illegal alien.  :(  One shows up with luggage and no job- where are you staying, how are you helping to support the economy... what ARE you doing here?  Especially if you're "staying with a friend" - they don't want to hear that.  They want to hear, "I have made reservations at _______ Hotel and have already charged my CC and I will be spending money in the country and I will not take advantage of anything being provided to taxpayers in the country."  TOURIST = $$$$$$$$$.  "Staying with a friend and overstaying my 6 months" = Illegal Immigration. 

Hope that helps!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 01:19:22 PM by lovesbabysquirmy »
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Zero

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 01:35:39 PM »
That dose help I now have two lines to enquire with now thank you.
That is a bit confusing, what if you ARE staying with a US citizen, I know when I had to fill out my visa form I had to put their name and address and had to repeat it twice during the trip and again on the form.
Very odd they would think like that

Sig by Dizzie
Zero Ref

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2012, 02:10:53 PM »
Hmmm.  Good question.  I'll ask my dad this, as he's had to do it, and I'll report back!

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2012, 04:55:13 PM »
I'm afraid I have no info but good luck! I hope you can do it!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 05:31:48 AM »
That is a bit confusing, what if you ARE staying with a US citizen, I know when I had to fill out my visa form I had to put their name and address and had to repeat it twice during the trip and again on the form.

Yep, if you are staying at someone's residence, you would obviously report that address to them.

The point being, the country's really not in a position to support "visitors" that overstay.  You've heard about the issues...  healthcare, insurance, employment...  they are overstretched as it is.  :(  They really don't want more people coming to take advantage of things.. they want skilled professionals and persons that would be valuable to immigrate.  As it is, most US citizens are no longer in a position to take care of themselves without assistance - there is very little to go around.  So they are understandably picky about how many "non-incomed persons" they let in.  Especially since you can do nothing about "Visitors" that are "seeing the Statue of Liberty and taking in a Broadway show" and then they disappear somewhere inside the border. 

As irritating as Customs/Immigration is...  they are necessary and they perform their jobs to keep us all safe.  :)  It's better to be on their good side and show that you have good intentions and you are willing to cooperate with them, than the opposite attitude! 

Feel free to PM me with more questions... I had to go through this process myself so I can be a sounding board for you.  :)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 05:34:38 AM by lovesbabysquirmy »
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Zero

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2012, 09:50:04 AM »

Yep, if you are staying at someone's residence, you would obviously report that address to them.

The point being, the country's really not in a position to support "visitors" that overstay.  You've heard about the issues...  healthcare, insurance, employment...  they are overstretched as it is.  :(  They really don't want more people coming to take advantage of things.. they want skilled professionals and persons that would be valuable to immigrate.  As it is, most US citizens are no longer in a position to take care of themselves without assistance - there is very little to go around.  So they are understandably picky about how many "non-incomed persons" they let in.  Especially since you can do nothing about "Visitors" that are "seeing the Statue of Liberty and taking in a Broadway show" and then they disappear somewhere inside the border. 

As irritating as Customs/Immigration is...  they are necessary and they perform their jobs to keep us all safe.  :)  It's better to be on their good side and show that you have good intentions and you are willing to cooperate with them, than the opposite attitude! 

Feel free to PM me with more questions... I had to go through this process myself so I can be a sounding board for you.  :)

Oh yes I experiance how vigilant they are at the boarder, it took me 45 mins since getting off the plane at Chicrgo yet they had 6 lanes for Citizasn and Green card holders.
I am skilled and can easily learn new skills but what Im doing right now dosnt seem to have alot of call for it....
*sigh*
and I REALLY wanna stay longer for my girl...will check with the emabssy and an immigration lawyer to see what I can do

Sig by Dizzie
Zero Ref

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2012, 07:20:17 PM »
Well, I've been through the whole thing myself and there are 3 ways of staying longer/immigrating:

1. Qualify for a work visa. Since you're not a skilled worker this will probably not happen. The employer has to show that no American citizen can do that job.
2. Go to school. Apply to a university here. Just remember that non-resident tuition is out of this world and international students have to show the ability to support themselves while not being allowed to work.
3. Get married as a tourist and apply for adjustment of status.

Offline Zero

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2012, 04:31:52 AM »
Well, I've been through the whole thing myself and there are 3 ways of staying longer/immigrating:

1. Qualify for a work visa. Since you're not a skilled worker this will probably not happen. The employer has to show that no American citizen can do that job.
2. Go to school. Apply to a university here. Just remember that non-resident tuition is out of this world and international students have to show the ability to support themselves while not being allowed to work.
3. Get married as a tourist and apply for adjustment of status.

Thanks for the info Hannaliten, the main issue is of these are:
1: I have no way to prove I can do the job unless I get an interview and even then theres still a slim chance of getting the job.
2: Have looked into that, but the problem is I can afford NOT to work if the fees and such are alot then what I have wont cover it....would need to work to suport.
3: Marrige seemd like the only way in but there are issues such as what the SSI say. and Im sure there are far stricter rules on showing up as a torist then saying "Oh im getting married to a US Citizen now" they may not like that.

Will look into more....hopefully I can find SOMETHING

Sig by Dizzie
Zero Ref

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal