collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Beautiful Horses, anyone? +ID pease!  (Read 4003 times)

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
My Beautiful Horses, anyone? +ID pease!
« on: February 27, 2012, 05:30:28 AM »
I've noticed quite a lack of MBH information and popularity online, and I wondered if there's anyone else here that collects them?

They're model horse toys with nylon manes and tails, and the range included many mare and foal sets, different disciplines and rider sets, tack, accessories, vehicles and playsets. There was also a magazine that came with a free model attached with each issue.

They eventually fizzled out, but were brought back under the name 'I love Ponies', with fewer, but the same moulds used for the horses, riders and playsets, though the latter was simplified. However, the change saw a drop in colour realism and detail in the models, with the horses and riders lacking the shading and intricate coat colours of classic MBH.

I've a sizable collection of models and magazines from my childhood, although sadly my riders and accessories have been lost in time and house moves. I recently snagged a childhood grail on Ebay - the Showtime Trailer playset, complete with it's box, instructions and all the accessories!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I also found a model in a charity shop a couple of weeks ago, that looks to be MBH as opposed to ILP, wearing a black western saddle and bridle, pink leg wraps and a tan saddle blanket, though I'm not sure if that's original. It's in stunning condition for being an elusive line of collectibles, but the lack of info on these models is making it difficult to ID! Sadly the rider was missing, but I wondered if anyone knew the name/breed of this model?

Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

Offline terabithianprince

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • The last pages are for you
    • View Profile
    • Pony Pals
Re: My Beautiful Horses, anyone? +ID pease!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 05:42:04 AM »
I do. I still have all mine. I'm not 100% certain but I think the one you posted was a quarter horse called Apache. It looks much the same to the one that I have.

I'm having the same problem as you I've had trouble finding information on them online.I did find one good page though. The rider's name was Naomi.

Offline RandomPony

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 05:43:23 AM »
Yeah! I have some I think but I don't know very much about them apart that they are horses and I have to get them in my collection. lol.
:frolic:

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 07:16:16 AM »
Those are cute! I would have loved those as a kid! They kinda remind me of Grand Champions!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline fiwen30

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 09:21:43 AM »
I do. I still have all mine. I'm not 100% certain but I think the one you posted was a quarter horse called Apache. It looks much the same to the one that I have.

I'm having the same problem as you I've had trouble finding information on them online.I did find one good page though. The rider's name was Naomi.

Oh, that sounds promising! I went through my magazines and found a couple of promo pics that I think are of this model, although the accessories very on each picture...
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 10:45:35 AM »
Have you tried this site? http://neverlandstables.weebly.com/my-beautiful-horses.html

and this one http://mybeautifulhorses.awardspace.com/mbh2.html

These horses aren't really proportionate are they? The shire is smaller than the light horses and the falabella is bigger? I would personally just call them generic horse #1, generic horse #2, and so on.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 10:54:36 AM by HavACrumpet452 »

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 11:38:05 AM »
No idea, but that trailer is really neat!
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 01:54:47 AM »
I used to love MBH when I was younger, I had tons but my Mum ended up making me give them away!

hikari_amaya

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 05:05:40 AM »
I used to collect those Grand Champion horses, look similar to those. I still have my bay appy. He's older than me I think and I'm turning 23 <3

Sweet_Cicely

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 01:22:08 AM »
Deff. Apache! His blanket is supposed to be the same color as his legwarmers. he was/is deff. one of my favorites. I thought you were a, member of the mbh forum too? The one madamemoonfeather created. Im sure you can find more info there. I still have a truckload of ponies from my childhood, i think i only miss 1 or 2 horses from the first and second series. They were my favorite toy when I was eleven :) used to play for hours.

Offline Dusky

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Firebird Designs
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2012, 03:38:47 AM »
Yes!! That's Apache the Quarter Horse. He was my very first MBH way-back-when. I think I still have them all, I'd be very surprised at myself if I had given my MBH away. I will root about in the loft when I get home.

Apache's rider is blonde, I think, tan chaps, yellow/orange western style top and a top hat. I adored these ponies so much, and I did have that trailer too. If people still want them I'll probably pass them on to collectors.

Did you guys get the magazine too? It had a free pony each week. They weren't as nice quality wise but they were okay. I seem to remember the legs snapping off some of mine because things pressed down on them in transit. :S

Offline fiwen30

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 04:20:03 AM »
Yes!! That's Apache the Quarter Horse. He was my very first MBH way-back-when. I think I still have them all, I'd be very surprised at myself if I had given my MBH away. I will root about in the loft when I get home.

Apache's rider is blonde, I think, tan chaps, yellow/orange western style top and a top hat. I adored these ponies so much, and I did have that trailer too. If people still want them I'll probably pass them on to collectors.

Did you guys get the magazine too? It had a free pony each week. They weren't as nice quality wise but they were okay. I seem to remember the legs snapping off some of mine because things pressed down on them in transit. :S

Aw, awesome! Yeah I think I've gt about 25 of the magazines still, and the ponies that came with them, I think I drove my mum mad trying not to miss any issues!

If you do ever want to pass your collection on, I'd be very interested! :)

Offline ElleJay

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2012, 02:07:50 PM »
Aww I used to have loads of these! When I first joined the arena I actually remember a similar thread to this. I really want to look for all my old MBH's too. I used to discard the riders, it was just the horses I was interested in.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2012, 10:21:33 AM »
Oh look at them cute little horses :)  I love them. I better not let my daughter see them :)

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2012, 11:42:48 AM »
I personally dont remember these, but it is always nice to see something from your past :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal