collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Share you G4 baking fatalities  (Read 1048 times)

MsGatamon

• Trade Count: (0)
Share you G4 baking fatalities
« on: February 23, 2012, 12:08:35 PM »
In a day or two I will be ready to bake a G4 with a tail sculpted out of polymer clay.  But I would like to hear from those of you who have baked a G4 and have encountered problems.  Hopefully I can figure out a way to around the problem.
Please do not give me suggestions on other scuplting materials.  I use polymer clay because it does not dry out. I only get a few short periods of time each day to work on my customs.
Fail or succeed I will share my results.

Offline ViciousJupiter

• Trade Count: (+167)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • OOooOO Shiney!
    • View Profile
    • Vicious Studios
Re: Share you G4 baking fatalities
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 12:15:33 PM »
I have had success baking them on lower temps for longer times.  So closer to 215 degrees for 45 min to and hour
~Feel free to remind me to leave you feedback!  I'm forgetful!~

MsGatamon

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 01:22:04 PM »
I have had success baking them on lower temps for longer times.  So closer to 215 degrees for 45 min to and hour

Thats kinda what I was thinking to do.  I was going to place it in a pan with a little water.  Or place the pan it is on in a large pan with water.  I was also thinking of placing it in a cold oven, letting it heat up slowly that way.  Keep the temperature up for a shorter amount of time.  Then let it and the oven cool off together befor I pull it out.
But I wanted to hear from the experience of others befor I started.

SDstang

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 09:15:31 PM »
have you tried boiling? I have never used polymer clay, but when I use to use supersculpty I boiled it.  you could try boiling a small piece of your clay and see what kind of results you get.  goodluck!

MsGatamon

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 04:18:05 AM »
have you tried boiling? I have never used polymer clay, but when I use to use supersculpty I boiled it.  you could try boiling a small piece of your clay and see what kind of results you get.  goodluck!

I boil all the time.  Boiling is a ton faster.  The clay doesnt come out as shiny and leaves a film in the pot.  But the tail I made is too thick for boiling.

Post Merge: February 24, 2012, 11:25:32 AM

Thankyou all.  I successfully baked and are posting my results. :)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 11:25:32 AM by MsGatamon »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal