collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bad Ebay seller has struck again (Klicic1986)- Ashlyne's update  (Read 15153 times)

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Bad Ebay seller has struck again - Ashlyne's update
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2012, 02:15:28 PM »
 :hug: Oh geez...Cat, that's horrible.  But I am sure your mum feels terrible.

I would contact her and say you are aware there are problems with her high cost of combined shipping.  And could she please adjust your total to the correct shipping charge.  I am sorry but I would be upfront about it.  It wouldn't hurt.

I think klicic and I have come to an agreement. Will update when that's done.
@Ashlyne~I hope your update is going to be a good one.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Bad Ebay seller has struck again - Ashlyne\'s update
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2012, 02:19:53 PM »
I know bless her...I think she feels worse than me...and here she was only trying to be so helpful! I kinda feel bad for making her feel bad....guess it will have to be a very very good Mothers Day gift this weekend!

Good idea...I ll message her a polite little note tonight before paying and see what she has to say....thanks ponylady! I think I was just so upset that I seemed to have been dragged into it I kinda wanted it all done with! Terrible I know.

Post Merge: March 15, 2012, 03:45:53 PM

Oh well...I got the answer I expected which was "tough" thats the price I am charging...

On this one...my fault for not being more careful on who I am bidding on but I have had people leave me less than perfect DSRs for being 20 or 30p over on shipping so it is a little irritating - I ll give her one more chance when the parcel arrives and I can check the actual postage on the package...after that I ll write a moaning letter to ebay [lol cause that will have any affect] and unfortunately leave the appropriate feedback...sigh....lesson learned by a very silly hathorcat
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 03:45:53 PM by hathorcat »
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline TokiBear

• Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Wimey
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • We're all stories in the end...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2012, 03:55:18 PM »
This thread keeps getting worse and worse!  What a horrid seller.  I'm sorry to hear you accidentally got sucked in to dealing with this person.  :(  I hope everything works out for all involved.  Definitely looking forward to hear from ashlyne again.

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2012, 07:02:23 PM »
OMG!!!!!!!!

I can't believe what I am reading!!!

:dropjaw:

My thoughts are exactly along the lines of Tokibear's sentiment: this thread seriously is just getting worse and worse! Oh, Hathorcat! I'm so sorry you've become embroiled  :hug: 

I'll be watching for updates... Can I still, after the length of time that's gone since my rotten transaction with her, file some sort of complaint/report her regarding her shipping? (which I never did, mostly because through my inexperience I completed the transaction and went on to give her positive feedback  :argh: ) Maybe if we all got on board together ebay will take some action against her?

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2012, 01:20:47 AM »
Technically couldn't you cancel that auction since it was someone else using your account? eBay covers that. I've had that happen before to me.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2012, 02:32:46 AM »
Technically couldn't you cancel that auction since it was someone else using your account? eBay covers that. I've had that happen before to me.

Nah.... technically I shouldn't have allowed her to us my account anyway - she was the one doing me the favour as I was - as per the norm - too caught up with work to make room for the important things like ponies...I shouldnt have asked her or allowed her to do it.

In all my years of collecting there have only been a dozen or so times I have been snagged into sometime like this - I am probably lucky so I ll have to make do...I paid last night anyway...I just wouldnt like to risk a strike over something like this.
Loa is my love god!

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2012, 06:14:16 AM »
OK, so I gave her two options like I mentioned before:  Option 1:  continue with our return, we split the return shipping costs   Option 2: I pay her for the ponies, full auction price for the four items that were fine, 50% auction price for the three messed up ponies, and the shipping cost she spent to get them here.

She replied Option 2 would be the best way to go, but worded it this way:

option 2 would be the best course of action. pay me for the 4 ponies that were ok and 50 percent (on the damaged items). and yeah pay me for the shipping that you agreed on the ponies.

:ninja:   Sneaky, sneaky!

I sent a "just so we're on the same page" reply, repeated what I initially said, and I told her I'd add 2GBP for handling and such.  She responded with an "yeah just go ahead, let me know when everything is done your end." 

I sent her Paypal last night, made sure all the item #s and prices were listed clearly.  I also said I was sorry it went in this direction and wished her the best with her future sales.  I thought it was important to leave on a positive note.

A LOT of hassle, but it worked out for me in the end. I think I'd have been screwed if it weren't for those instant refunds though. I consider myself VERY lucky.  Hathorcat, I just hate that she's continuing such aweful shipping practices.  Whether or not she's backed by ebay, it's just unethical to take people's money like that. I hope at least she's learned a lesson in taking more care to package her items safely.  Please keep us updated!   

Do you think it'd be OK to add the seller's ID to the title of this thread? It might be easier to see if others are considering her auctions.

Offline ristvak

• Trade Count: (+88)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2012, 07:39:25 AM »
Do you think it'd be OK to add the seller's ID to the title of this thread? It might be easier to see if others are considering her auctions.
Or at least put it in the first post. I know it was mentioned before but people might miss it having to dig through 6 pages <3
If you haven't received feedback from me, give me a nudge!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: Bad Ebay seller has struck again (Klicic1986)- Ashlyne's update
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2012, 07:30:20 PM »
I've  added her ID to the title of the thread ;)

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2012, 06:04:01 AM »
Ok - cant doubt the speed of postage as the parcel arrived today...total cost to post £1.68...she has offered to reduce postage to £5 from the £10

Question...am I still being fair if I leave a low DSR on shipping? I dont want to engage in a conversation with her about the feedback or stars I ll leave as thats a feedback extortion situation which is unfair to the seller....but I dont know if I should leave neg feedback now seen as she did give me some kind of discount but I still feel a plastic envelope, no bubble wrap and £1.68 for post doesnt equate to a £5 postage charge!
Loa is my love god!

Offline ristvak

• Trade Count: (+88)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2012, 06:25:37 AM »
If it were me I would leave positive and put "items as described (if they are of course), very fast shipping, shipping costs a little high" and then give her 4 stars on the shipping DSRs. Because yeah, she still charged you 3 times as much as it should have been, but she could have charged you 6 times as much. So the shipping cost definitely wasn't "excellent" (5 stars in my book) but it wasn't as bad as it could have been, and it did go out quickly.

::edit:: And I know anything less than a 5 star DSR can affect sellers but honestly, if at least two people have already contacted her telling her she's crazy and she's still not changing her ways, maybe restrictions from paypal/ebay will finally make her realize that "combined shipping" is not defined as "less than sending them individually but still more than it actually costs to ship". Or it'll just make her mad and chase her ebay forever... which would work too lol!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 06:32:06 AM by ristvak »
If you haven't received feedback from me, give me a nudge!

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2012, 06:44:57 AM »
I agree with leaving positive feedback but low stars.  I'm kind of surprised she gave you that much (maybe she's learning?)   5gbp isn't *too* bad for a single package delivery, but it's still over twice the original postage. Then again, a pound or two for handling isn't uncommon either.  I would probably say "Fast shipping, needs more care in packing" or something like that and give a low star rating.  The star rating is completely anonymous, so she won't be able to tell, even if she notices.  Ristvak is right though - it might help her change her policies if enough customers make it so ebay has to take notice. 

I wouldn't doubt more of those comb auction winners will get a surprise postage stamp when they receive their auctions too. 

As for me, I'm not leaving feedback, or at least not yet.  I sent the payment, but haven't heard back. Since the payment wasn't through ebay, I want to keep a little leverage in case she tries to complain.   

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2012, 06:53:30 PM »
Ok - cant doubt the speed of postage as the parcel arrived today...total cost to post £1.68...she has offered to reduce postage to £5 from the £10

Question...am I still being fair if I leave a low DSR on shipping? I dont want to engage in a conversation with her about the feedback or stars I ll leave as thats a feedback extortion situation which is unfair to the seller....but I dont know if I should leave neg feedback now seen as she did give me some kind of discount but I still feel a plastic envelope, no bubble wrap and £1.68 for post doesnt equate to a £5 postage charge!

£5.00 is still very high - especially for something that wasnt packaged that well   :crazy:  personally I would not leave her a neg, since she did lower the shipping, but I would definitely leave her a low star rating for shipping costs :awake:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2012, 03:33:21 AM »
Thanks guys - I left a positive as the item did arrive very fast and she was no problem to communicate with...however I did leave a low DSR on shipping price...although it seems to make no difference to her total which suggests other people are maybe not as bothered as we are!
Loa is my love god!

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2012, 07:03:07 AM »
Yikes, is the UK more lenient with ratings? I think on the US Ebay she would have been suspended by now...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal