collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: a few questions about hair  (Read 788 times)

Offline Vampasaurus

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Champion of Kirkwall
    • View Profile
a few questions about hair
« on: February 20, 2012, 09:33:01 PM »
two very different questions.

First: When you ad plug holes to a pony head to make a unique hair line do you do anything special to make sure you get no weird gaps? Do you connect the bang-holes to the original mane holes? Is it just me or does adding the word holes to things make them hilarious?

second: When you dye dollyhair a dark color, and wash it and all that. Is there a chance the dye could seep into the pony through the plug holes? Is there anything to do to prevent this? specifically I'm dying a tail black, and I don't want mt pony's bum to turn grey around the tail hole.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://vampasaurus.tumblr.com/

Offline hlbmlp

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: a few questions about hair
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 10:10:49 PM »
i dont know about #2 but on the first one, i usually put the holes decently close to the original holes. I just shove strait pins where i want the holes and let them sit for a while before rehairing(so the holes dont close up). and the words adding holes is ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS!!! :D 
I guess you could have them further apart and then when styiling the hair, pull hair from the mane into the bangs and from the bangs into the main... it should be pretty hidden that way, depending on the hairstyle in mind that is.
My Etsy . My Blog

If i owe you feedback pm me, my brain is not always here.

thanks kiwisquirtbottle for helping with codes!!! <3

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 10:18:31 PM »
If I add extra holes for hair, I just try my best to line them up evenly. I poke the holes in the pony with a sculpting awl and then rehair as normal. Normal for me consists of inserting the awl into a hole, readying a plug, then removing the awl and inserting the rehairing tool while the hole is stretched out, then repeating the process on the next hole.

As to connecting the mane holes to bang holes, thats a personal preference. I honestly hate the gap the G4 ponies have just after their bangs, but normally I just leave it alone and cross hatch the mane.

As to dying the hair.. This was discussed a little in another thread, and the general consensus was that it would probably be best to set the dye with vinegar, as the dye instructions list. I have dyed hair while it was already rooted in the ponies head and had no nasty bleed effects. Maybe someone else can offer further advice. I haven't done black specifically.

Offline Pythia

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 10:35:49 PM »
I'm loving this thread. *snigger*
Looking for: Alternate Birthflowers, Baity wingers, So softs - both minty and for deflocking - and DREAM BEAUTIES!

mana-maiden

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 11:35:02 PM »
Is it just me or does adding the word holes to things make them hilarious?

Always.

and I don't want mt pony's bum to turn grey around the tail hole.

There you go again! But ponies' bums are always a constant main concern for all pony folk alike. I think there may even be a # for a  hotline around here somewhere... I think you'd ask it about "Old Moldy Pony Butt Syndrome" a.k.a. O.M.P.B.S.

*straightens tie*

When making unique/new hair lines for my re-hair jobs, I find that if you find the most comfortable way to hold your puncturing utensil (over-sized thumb tack, for me) that you can do the puncture-action rather quickly, which causes the new plugs to be made closer together, and in a straight line. Depending how straight or curved you want the line.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal