collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Shipping a Pullip  (Read 1638 times)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
Shipping a Pullip
« on: February 20, 2012, 08:10:00 PM »
I'm gonna pack up a Pullip I'm selling and take her to the post office to get a shipping cost tomorrow, but I have no idea how to pack her. Would the same way as a BJD (going by the BJD FAQ thread here) be fine, or would it be overkill or should I do something totally different? She'll be going into her original box and then a bigger box.

Also I'm VERY terrified about one, er technically two, of her accessories. The girl I'm selling is Eos, and she has these huge wings that might as well be made of paper. How should I pack those?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Knibitz

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Shipping a Pullip
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 08:13:07 PM »
Do you have the original ties that held her down?
I always just tied my girls back down in the box and shipped them that way. Sometimes just around the neck and waist.

for the wings, I'd suggest gently wrapping them in a good bit of bubble wrap. and then just making sure they fit OK in her doll box.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 08:38:27 PM »
Unfortunately I don't have any of her ties or the baggies her accessories were in, but I could probably tie her in with like string of some sort. Do you think that would be fine?

Fitting them in is gonna be the most 'fun' part, lol. They didn't have much room originally so hopefully I can get them in alright.

Knibitz

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 08:41:23 PM »
Unfortunately I don't have any of her ties or the baggies her accessories were in, but I could probably tie her in with like string of some sort. Do you think that would be fine?

Fitting them in is gonna be the most 'fun' part, lol. They didn't have much room originally so hopefully I can get them in alright.

string or twine could be ok as long as it's not been dyed.
just make sure you tie the doll down firmly enough to hold it down, but not enough to put stress the points that are holding the doll down.

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 08:41:49 PM »
I personal wrap everything in bubble wrap. But make sure to put white tissue paper between the dolls face and the plastic of the bubble wrap. They can get melt from the plastic.

Putting her back in the original box is a good ideal if the ties that held her in are still on the box. I've had dolls be broken when they get to me.

Offline littlexflitter

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sparklesugar.com/
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 06:44:03 AM »
Eos' wings are rather fragile. I would recommend wrapping them in bubble wrap, and sandwiching them between something that could reinforce them--a thin box or pieces of cardboard--and then more bubble wrap. The bubble wrap will protect them from too much pressure, and the cardboard will keep them from being bent against anything else in the package.

Offline Rabiruchi

• Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
  • Lowly Human
    • View Profile
    • http://mim-ser-rabi.deviantart.com/
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 06:39:20 PM »
To securelly pack pullips is pretty simple.

1- Make sure all the itens that will go with her are safe and wont get lost. You can put them into a plastic bag, for exemple.

2- Fill the gaps  :P By this, I mean... you could wrap the doll in bubble plastic or something before putting her into the box, this way she won't be shaking inside the box so her hair/clothes and features will reamain safe.

3- Put the doll and stock itens inside the box

And you said the box will go inside another box, what is great since the new owner will probably want to keep the original box flawless.

For extra packing you could wrap the doll's box as well before putting it inside the other box just to keep the original box safer.

PS: Beware with the materials you use to wrap the doll and box because things like newspaper may stain.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 06:43:48 PM by Rabiruchi »
~ Looking for:
  :heart: G1 Ponies: Bashful Bonnet, Goldilocks, Bowtie (shy pose) and Baby Bowtie, Flutter Ponies and Summer Wing Ponies
  :heart: Stock Dals: Heart Macaron and Classical Alice
  :heart: BJD: SOOM Lig/Nodia (head or full doll in white skin)
  :heart: Want other ponies too! Got them?
My WishList

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 07:04:24 PM »
Does anyone know any brands of white tissue paper and string that have no dyes in them? We looked at Walmart today and no packages mentioned dyes so we didn't get anything but bubblewrap.

Knibitz

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 07:26:41 PM »
Just buy white :)

Offline Rabiruchi

• Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
  • Lowly Human
    • View Profile
    • http://mim-ser-rabi.deviantart.com/
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012, 04:35:15 PM »
or... bybblewrap is enought o__o /
~ Looking for:
  :heart: G1 Ponies: Bashful Bonnet, Goldilocks, Bowtie (shy pose) and Baby Bowtie, Flutter Ponies and Summer Wing Ponies
  :heart: Stock Dals: Heart Macaron and Classical Alice
  :heart: BJD: SOOM Lig/Nodia (head or full doll in white skin)
  :heart: Want other ponies too! Got them?
My WishList

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal