collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Taming Blythe hair  (Read 5782 times)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
Taming Blythe hair
« on: February 20, 2012, 06:45:34 PM »
My poor Blythe has been locked up for the past two years, and I finally took her out a month or two ago. My only method of storing sucks. All my poor dolls get wrapped up in (people) clothing and put into a backpack I guard viciously. Its works okay because I baby it so much. . .but my girls really dislike it. It makes their hair a mess. My Pullips haven't had too many issues. I took them out (and put them back in) a week or so ago, and their hair was mostly fine. Just needed smoothing.

But Sakura had more of an issue.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Its a tad bit better now, but still really messed up in front. Her hair has always fallen in front of her face, and it was never an issue. I also used to have little hair clips that were the perfect size for her, but my mom stole/got rid of them when I moved.

I've tried combing it but that didn't help much. Might've made it worse actually. Her hair never got this bad before since she was never hidden away for so long so I have no idea what to do.

MissSleepless

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Taming Blythe hair
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 06:48:58 PM »
Little hairclips are obtainable from kids/baby sections almost anywhere! They are the perfect size for 1/6 dolls like Blythe. :)

Other than that I can't offer much help. Blythe hair is a funny thing at the best of times. I'm sure someone can help further!

Knibitz

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 06:50:23 PM »
sounds like she could benefit from a conditioning.

after combing out all the tangles carefully, take off her wig/scalp if you can and wash her hair with shampoo, and then condition it (leaving it to sit for several minutes) then rinse it out again.
Let it air dry, don't take the hair dryer to it.

and seconding MissSleepless on the hair clips :)
and they're actually best for 1/3 scale dolls. Pullip and Blythe heads are actually closer to 1/3 scale. It's their bodies that are 1/6.

MissSleepless

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 07:01:45 PM »

and they're actually best for 1/3 scale dolls. Pullip and Blythe heads are actually closer to 1/3 scale. It's their bodies that are 1/6.

Woops, yep! I get so used to typing 1/6 looking for clothes xD

Knibitz

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 07:14:25 PM »

Woops, yep! I get so used to typing 1/6 looking for clothes xD

XD  it's ok! you actually had me for a second too. Took a double take, lol.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 08:05:15 PM »
Oh yikes. Looks like she'll be staying with messy hair for a while. But don't tell her. xD
I'm terrified to wash any of my doll's hair.

Knibitz

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 08:39:33 PM »
Oh yikes. Looks like she'll be staying with messy hair for a while. But don't tell her. xD
I'm terrified to wash any of my doll's hair.

what about it has you terrified?
Maybe we can help ease some of your concerns :)

It's really easy and harmless :D I wash doll hair all the time XD

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 05:00:58 AM »
Getting water in their heads/bodies, messing up their face ups (Sakura already has a small chip in her blush), or harming them in some other way. I'm super clumsy too. I was honestly a little afraid to wash glue out of one of my MH girl's hair. I'm so paranoid. xD

Sakura was $500 and even if she was a gift (so I didn't pay a dime) I'm beyond terrified of hurting her, lol. She already needs a new face-up but I can't afford one probably for a few years at least so yeah. More reason to be terrified.

missypamela

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 09:08:00 AM »
i wash my blythe dolls' hair all the time, too, without any problems. but i understand your anxiety. maybe you could just run a wet comb through her hair to ease the tangles and restyle it? that should at least help a bit and the chance of harming the doll in any way are negligible.  hope this helps! :)

Offline piper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.puddnheadpixie.com
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 10:38:07 AM »
dont be scared of your Blythe! Washing her hair is simple, no different from your own lol

The only bit you need to be careful of are her eyelashes (and to some extent her eyechips but they are a bit more hardy) as the glue is water soluble. Don't submerge her face in water.

I wash all my Blythe girls hair, no need to remove the scalp or anything scary like that, I simply I hold them tipped backwards and under the tap - keeping the water off her face - just like how you have your hair washed when you go for a hair cut LOL

Gently pat the hair with a towel after, comb into place and leave to air dry  :)
 ex-owner of www.mylittlecustoms.com ;)

Knibitz

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 10:46:41 AM »
First off, normal grade conditioner and shampoo should never hurt your girl. She may change color a bit if her face gets a little wet and you wipe it away, but that will be because you're rubbing dirt off her surface. Same if she starts to streak a muddy brown color, that's just the dirt on her surface just gently wipe that away.

You honestly don't even have to wash her hair all the way to her scalp though, just washing the lower 2/3rds of her hair can restore her to the beautiful condition she used to be in.

Cleaning your doll is actually really good for it. All the oils and dirt that are on your hands and in the elements can really make your doll gross and age them faster. occasionally washing hair and wiping your doll down with a wet cloth will help keep it clean and in collector condition.

you don't have to run water directly over your girl, try wrapping your girl, face and all, in a towel, with her hair coming out the top. then use a damp wash cloth to wet down her hair. First gentle massage shampoo into her hair (I use herbal essences [red bottle, for long hair] shampoo/conditioner - the same products I use for my own hair)  when it's lathered up,  you can either take a cup of water, and while holding her head over a bowl or your sink, gently poor that  over her hair. Alternatively, if you can also a sink hose with your water on slowly to rinse it out.
conditioner is the same way, and again, you only need to put it in the lower 2/3rds of her hair, let that sit for several minutes. (Just lay her on a towel and go check your mail or do another short task) then again, rinse it out gently just like you did the shampoo. Then just gentle comb out her hair, if you're worried about pulling her hair out, use a tooth brush to comb through.
To dry, just lay her back out on the towel, you can leave her wrapped up, and let her hair air dry. When it's damp/dry you can comb/brush it back into the style you want it. and then let it dry the rest of the way in that position.

[/color]

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2012, 12:13:23 PM »
It's easy to wash Blythe's hair! Just put a bit of tape over her pull string hole & spring hole to keep any stray water out, and tip her under a cool running faucet. Get a helper if you're hands are not that steady. Rub a little shampoo in the ends of her hair (I use Revlon Wig Shampoo, it's made for synthetic fiber wigs and has no harmful oils or perfumes that can be found in human shampoo). Rinse her hair and while it's still damp, put a little unscented fabric softener in. I put some in a spray bottle & spritz it on. Comb through to condition her hair, then rinse again. Comb through gently, let her air dry and voila! Clean, shiny, soft hair! Remove the tape from her holes when she's dry and you're done!

Knibitz is right, the oils and dirt on your hands build up on your doll over time. A gentle wipe down with a damp cloth will help keep her minty new looking, just don't get your girl's lashes wet or they'll fall right out.
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal